Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:56 pm

Hi!

I managed to get my booking completed and setup(thanks for the help! Worked great), but had a question.

I had been in row 2 on mle-->auh(guest business), then I noticed a plane change to 333 and was moved to row 12. The thing is the new plane still has a row 2, but now it is first.

The odd thing is, Etihad does not appear to be selling rows 1 or 2 on this plane.
This is the first leg of my flight to JFK (auh--jfk is in GuestFirst via AA.) Is it possible to get my seats switched back to row 2?

I can PM my booking number if you wish
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:55 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by paladin732
Hi!

I managed to get my booking completed and setup(thanks for the help! Worked great), but had a question.

I had been in row 2 on mle-->auh(guest business), then I noticed a plane change to 333 and was moved to row 12. The thing is the new plane still has a row 2, but now it is first.

The odd thing is, Etihad does not appear to be selling rows 1 or 2 on this plane.
This is the first leg of my flight to JFK (auh--jfk is in GuestFirst via AA.) Is it possible to get my seats switched back to row 2?

I can PM my booking number if you wish
Hi there.

Thanks for your email. Please PM us your booking reference and we will look into this for you. Thank you. *Haithem
Old May 1, 2016, 10:12 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
We recently flew Etihad for the first time BKK-AUH-LAX in business and F and our experience was very disappointing! Photos of our experience: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz...57666962530740

From the slow nonchalant agents in BKK (were wearing LH badges for some reason!!!) who were processing coach ahead of Biz and the horrid BKK lounge of Louis Tavern to the terrible onboard food and service.

Trying to make up for substandard lounge food, in EY407 in Biz we were served potato soup and chicken sandwich. I have had better food on US domestic coach flights! Arriving at AUH at ~6 AM the lounge was nice but to get there you have to go through the airport and the facilities were filthy. I am talking about feces on the men's room floor - it's a shame that they spent $$$ billions on this beautiful airport but no follow up on maintenance and upkeep in the early morning hours. Sure, not Etihad's fault, right? But there was no fast track for premium passengers or any other assistance for that matter to get us to our departure/lounge areas. Traveling with kids and first time at AUH, to go through long lines transit security at 6 AM was an ordeal until we protested to get them to open the priority/premium line. US Border control and customs were at hand and all passengers were cleared in AUH. But again, arriving at LAX was a total disaster where we were led around the airport to the outside of international arrival to retrieve our luggage. Very confusing and disorganized!

The EY171 in F was not any better! During the 16-hour flight, the stewards/stewardesses and the so-called chef-on-board were all show and nothing substantial. Food service: What ever happened to the widely advertised 8-course tasting menu? The scallop appetizer was served cold and it was smelly (not fresh). The Salmon dish was good but the portion was very small. For desserts, they piled bunch of cakes on a plate, that was the presentation! Then they all disappeared. No problem, right? But after 11-hours of no service, I was starving, I had to go to the front looking for food (really) 2 hours before landing. They told me to go back to my seat and they will come and take my order. That took another 40 minutes!!! I ordered and was served a Biryani (rice dish) which was very dry and not as good and fragrant with plenty dried fruits and nuts as I'm used to partake. The steak sandwich was not that much better either. The seat was not 100% 180 degree flat and for a 6'2" guy like me it was very uncomfortable - I slept maybe ~2 hours total and arrived totally exhausted at LAX. No assistance was provided by the crew to prepare the bed. Not my usual experience flying in F!

We usually fly the Asian carriers (JL, TG, CX and SQ) to and from Asia in either J or F and I was surprised on how bad Etihad premium services were in comparison! Did we have bad luck??? Any recourse?

Old May 1, 2016, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi dannyrado,

we are sorry to hear this.
Kindly send us your information such as case number and Etihad Guest number in a private message and we will look into it for you. We apologize for the delay again. *EL
Just to let you all know, as most of you will already.. That etihadhelp have done absolutely NOTHING for me, despite me sending them the full details. I WISH there was someone at EY that was actually empowered to HELP a customer. Seriously, I LOVE flying etihad, but they truely are unbearable.
Old May 1, 2016, 7:05 pm

Hey Kalboz,

We are very sorry to hear your feedback, can you PM us a booking reference and your email address so we can ask our guest relations team to investigate?

Thank you *PHIL
Old May 2, 2016, 12:39 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hey Kalboz,

We are very sorry to hear your feedback, can you PM us a booking reference and your email address so we can ask our guest relations team to investigate?

Thank you *PHIL
EtihadHelp, I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble here, but I will PM you so we get this ironed out!
Old May 2, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: GGL/GFL
What is an acceptable follow up time from your 'customer relations' team?

Specifically, a flight mid march where both the cabin manager and lounge manager told me the airline would contact me to follow up on a pretty appalling issue. Of course NOTHING. I sent an email mid April, received a reply 2 weeks later that they needed crew reports and would be back in touch. Yet again, nothing. I would like to escalate this.
Old May 2, 2016, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by studio76

Specifically, a flight mid march where both the cabin manager and lounge manager told me the airline would contact me to follow up on a pretty appalling issue. Of course NOTHING. I sent an email mid April, received a reply 2 weeks later that they needed crew reports and would be back in touch. Yet again, nothing. I would like to escalate this.
Dear studio76,

We are really sorry for the late response. Kindly PM us your case number so we can follow it up for you.

Thank you for your patience. *Jiaqi
Old May 4, 2016, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by studio76

You won't get a resolution unfortunately. My complaint is from Christmas. Still nothing.
Old May 4, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Frankly, I think there is an argument that this thread should be closed. It's actually worse that having no support thread, as it gives first time users the apperance of support and hope of resolution, when in fact, mostly the feedback from users is that no such support/resolution is forthcoming.

It is my understanding that this thread was set up because the official account didn't want to respond on different threads, that alone is an indication of the level of engagment that is being committed to. Yes, I guess it's nice to have one thread to see if there is a new issue, but lounge issues, ticketing issues, reward availability issues etc etc would be FAR better addressed if there was an individual thread that addressed that particular issue. But then again that always assumes that the intention is to resolve issues. Putting everything in one thread helps to get everything mixed up and lost. Some other official representatives do like to have one main thread, but they also monitor other threads for issues and respond on there appropriately.

The reality is that it is mostly EtihadNoHelp, with a few exceptions.

Last edited by tangey; May 4, 2016 at 3:49 am
Old May 4, 2016, 7:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by tangey
It is my understanding that this thread was set up because the official account didn't want to respond on different threads
Quite the contrary: EY lurkers were offering to help in every thread on the forum and we asked them to bundle their posting in this thread alone, so FTers can request assistance if they wanted to.

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod
Old May 4, 2016, 7:58 am

Frankly, I think there is an argument that this thread should be closed. It's actually worse that having no support thread, as it gives first time users the apperance of support and hope of resolution, when in fact, mostly the feedback from users is that no such support/resolution is forthcoming.
+1

Why have a dedicated (even sticky) feedback thread and its a one way street?
Old May 4, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Quite the contrary: EY lurkers were offering to help in every thread on the forum and we asked them to bundle their posting in this thread alone, so FTers can request assistance if they wanted to.

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod
Appears my memory is different from the reality, and that this thread was meant as a way of improving response and resolution to issues, but I think most regulars would agree that it hasn't acheived that.

Also I see little sign of the promise in post #2

We will still be monitoring other threads but will keep this as our main home to respond to you. If you need any assistance or answers to enquiries, you can find us here.
...as I don't remember the official account bringing up here an issue that was raised on other threads. The thread could pretty much consist of a wiki of "PM us your account number and details of the issue and we'll get back to you". a quick use of the search facility on this thread confirms that it's quite hard to find a response that doesn't consist of a variation of it:-

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...3127160&query=

Actual answers are few and far between. Certainly some things are by nature confidential, but many are not, and addressing those in public potentially helps many more than addressing each of the same issue in private, over and over again. But unfortunately follow-ups by FTers on this thread suggest that many of them are not having their issues resolved even privately.

Personally I see it as a fail, but maybe it's just me.

Last edited by tangey; May 6, 2016 at 3:05 am
Old May 5, 2016, 1:28 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.

Personally I see it as a fail, but maybe it's just me.
I completely agree with you.
Old May 6, 2016, 8:30 am

dedicated service email for Platinum Members?

Hi,

I turned Platinum over a month ago and tried to use my discretionary gold nomination for my wife by calling the call center... completely to no avail. I ended up mailing my request to [email protected] - from where I haven't heard back anything...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.