Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold, Le Club des Actionnaires
I took several flights in early december only part of which were credited (one itinerary, two airlines, only EY codes) and sent a email to retroclaims 03.02.16. The email was confirmed automatically as INTR:32503709, but no further action. Do I need to make a new request or is this normal processing time?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:20 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by Nestor
I took several flights in early december only part of which were credited (one itinerary, two airlines, only EY codes) and sent a email to retroclaims 03.02.16. The email was confirmed automatically as INTR:32503709, but no further action. Do I need to make a new request or is this normal processing time?
Dear Nestor,

Sorry for the late response, we will follow it up with the Etihad Guest team and they will be in touch with you once miles credit is confirmed. Thanks. *JS
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
Hey!

I had to call the etihad call center a couple of times in the last few days and encountered unknowledgeable agents who gave me wrong information several times...

1. I wanted to book an award flight with Etihad guest miles on Virgin Australia...took me three calls to find an agent who didn't flat out deny that that was possible

2. I wanted to upgrade a sector on a multi-segment journey from biz to first with miles...agent was adamant that I can't upgrade single segments but need to upgrade the whole journey...when asked why I could do that on previous journey he said that the rules might have changed in between

3. I wanted to upgrade a flight from biz to first with money ... agent denied that that was possible...Etihad doesn't allow paying the fare difference to the higher fare bucket...since when?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:59 pm

Etihad Airways

Dear birsti,

Thank you for getting in touch today, we apoloigise for any confusion and happy to check this with our team for you. Can you please send us your booking reference to review this. *GW

Originally Posted by birsti
Hey!

I had to call the etihad call center a couple of times in the last few days and encountered unknowledgeable agents who gave me wrong information several times...

1. I wanted to book an award flight with Etihad guest miles on Virgin Australia...took me three calls to find an agent who didn't flat out deny that that was possible

2. I wanted to upgrade a sector on a multi-segment journey from biz to first with miles...agent was adamant that I can't upgrade single segments but need to upgrade the whole journey...when asked why I could do that on previous journey he said that the rules might have changed in between

3. I wanted to upgrade a flight from biz to first with money ... agent denied that that was possible...Etihad doesn't allow paying the fare difference to the higher fare bucket...since when?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:57 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Missing Baggage

Hi Etihad Help

On the 13th April I flew CMB-AUH-JFK on Etihad with onward connection to ABQ on Jetblue. My bags were checked through to ABQ.

My 2 bags failed to show up in ABQ and were duly reported missing to the JetBlue baggage service. They repeatedly asked if i had collected/re-checked my bags at JFK and do not seem to understand the US immigration pre-clearance in AUH for Etihad flights. Their solution seemed to be to wait for 24Hrs to see if the bags showed up on the flight this evening. They didnt.

They have now asked me to contact to Etihad. The reference given me by Jetblue does not work with the Etihad online baggage tracing system and there are no email contacts on the website that i can find. It appears my only option is to call Abu Dhabi, this would either be using my hotel phone or a roaming international phone. Either option would be expensive.

Could you provide any contact details that i can liaise with via email to provide the baggage tag numbers and see if you can assist to trace them for me.

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by cmdsea
Hi Etihad Help

On the 13th April I flew CMB-AUH-JFK on Etihad with onward connection to ABQ on Jetblue. My bags were checked through to ABQ.

My 2 bags failed to show up in ABQ and were duly reported missing to the JetBlue baggage service. They repeatedly asked if i had collected/re-checked my bags at JFK and do not seem to understand the US immigration pre-clearance in AUH for Etihad flights. Their solution seemed to be to wait for 24Hrs to see if the bags showed up on the flight this evening. They didnt.

They have now asked me to contact to Etihad. The reference given me by Jetblue does not work with the Etihad online baggage tracing system and there are no email contacts on the website that i can find. It appears my only option is to call Abu Dhabi, this would either be using my hotel phone or a roaming international phone. Either option would be expensive.

Could you provide any contact details that i can liaise with via email to provide the baggage tag numbers and see if you can assist to trace them for me.

Thanks
Dear cmdsea,

We are sorry to hear about that. Could we have your PIR number by direct message so we can check it out with our JFK team.

Thank you. *JS
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:55 am

Etihad Airways

Hi birsti,

We're sorry to hear of this experience and would be happy to ask our team to explain and assist. Could you kindly send us your contact details to our inbox messages as we would like to help

We hope to hear back from you soon *GW

Originally Posted by birsti
Hey!

Old Apr 16, 2016, 3:45 pm

I've now been waiting 4 months for etihad to recredit 4000 miles that they took in error.
They took a no show fee on two tickets, when I had cancelled the flights 5days prior.
4 emails later, no one has done anything at all. Typical etihad, their mistake, 100%, yet they simply cannot be bothered to put it right.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:05 pm

Etihad Airways

Hi dannyrado,

we are sorry to hear this.
Kindly send us your information such as case number and Etihad Guest number in a private message and we will look into it for you. We apologize for the delay again. *EL

Originally Posted by dannyrado
I've now been waiting 4 months for etihad to recredit 4000 miles that they took in error.
They took a no show fee on two tickets, when I had cancelled the flights 5days prior.
4 emails later, no one has done anything at all. Typical etihad, their mistake, 100%, yet they simply cannot be bothered to put it right.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 7:04 am

Dear EtihadHelp.
I booked a ticket via budgetair.be from Brussels (BRU) to Sydney (SYD) via Abu-Dhabi (AUH) for 2 persons for 28 April with a return on 15 May from Sydney to Brussels. (65BLGU)

Ticket numbers are:

607-1734154349
607-1734154355

1) I have been informed that due to the closure of brussels Airport the flight will depart from Düsseldorf instead of Brussels. because of this, I had to buy train tickets from Brussels to Düsseldorf and book a hotel room for 2 persons in Düsseldorf. According to the EU air passenger rights regulation, airlines are obliged to reimburse these costs or provide transport and accommodation in such cases. I called Etihad Call Centre where (after 7 minutes of searching for accommodation) I was told that I will get no assistance whatsoever. Can you please revise this situation?

2) I was just informed that the return flight was re-scheduled to one day later. (We were supposed to fly with EY451 from Sydney to Abu-Dhabi on 15 May and with EY 57 from Abu-Dhabi to Brussels on 16 May.) Now both flights will take place one day later. Can you reimburse the costs of the overstay?

3) I see that the recent EY57 flights (Abu-Dhabi -> Brussels) have all been diverted to Düsseldorf. Even though we were still informed that we can land in Brussels, can we expect that our plane on 17 May will land in Düsseldorf, too?

Thanks for your reply.
Tamás Nagy

Last edited by nagytomi82; Apr 21, 2016 at 9:37 am
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:22 am

Hi Tamás,

Please accept our apology for the invonceience cause. Please send your email address and your contact number via a private message and one of our Guest Relations Officers will look into this for you. *ES

Originally Posted by nagytomi82
Dear EtihadHelp.
I booked a ticket via budgetair.be from Brussels (BRU) to Sydney (SYD) via Abu-Dhabi (AUH) for 2 persons for 28 April with a return on 15 May from Sydney to Brussels. (65BLGU)

Ticket numbers are:

607-1734154349
607-1734154355

1) I have been informed that due to the closure of brussels Airport the flight will depart from Düsseldorf instead of Brussels. because of this, I had to buy train tickets from Brussels to Düsseldorf and book a hotel room for 2 persons in Düsseldorf. According to the EU air passenger rights regulation, airlines are obliged to reimburse these costs or provide transport and accommodation in such cases. I called Etihad Call Centre where (after 7 minutes of searching for accommodation) I was told that I will get no assistance whatsoever. Can you please revise this situation?

2) I was just informed that the return flight was re-scheduled to one day later. (We were supposed to fly with EY451 from Sydney to Abu-Dhabi on 15 May and with EY 57 from Abu-Dhabi to Brussels on 16 May.) Now both flights will take place one day later. Can you reimburse the costs of the overstay?

3) I see that the recent EY57 flights (Abu-Dhabi -> Brussels) have all been diverted to Düsseldorf. Even though we were still informed that we can land in Brussels, can we expect that our plane on 17 May will land in Düsseldorf, too?

Thanks for your reply.
Tamás Nagy
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:02 am

Hail Etihad help

Gold # 1000 2440 7895

I am missing the words on how to positively recognize the works of all human beings working in Etihad help department. Presume some must have a skin thick like an elephant, some might have a screw loose and some might take drugs of any kind, considering the load of sh..t being put on your heads everyday.

Seriously you / they are doing your best

With this post I want to create awareness that the people answering the queries of my fellow frequent flyers are at the end of the chain and are not resposible for any delays, missing miles, lost baggage, overbooking, services a.s.o.

The people responsible are hard to get in contact with and nobody knows whether they care .... or not. So finally it is up to each of us to make a conclusion whether to like it, accept it or leave it.

For me I am done after more than 8 years being a Gold guest and more than 170 long haul flights because of lots of disappointments regarding their FFP and corresponding communications with their guest relation to adjust the mileage.

Now looking for a new pasture with another airline. PRIDE COMES BEFORE A FALL.

Last edited by Prince77; Apr 25, 2016 at 9:05 am Reason: spelling errors
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:14 am

Praising Etihad

I'm still careful, because our problem hasn't been solved yet, but I can already say that the approach is positively surprising, as well as the tone and the readyness to help.

I'd carefully add 2 things:

1) It's quite sad that we must praise them for this, as this should be normal from an airline (i.e. providing on-ground, post-purchase services if something goes wrong). But don't get me wrong: knowing other airlines' behaviour, I really appreciate this.

2) It's quite odd that I had to come to an unofficial forum (!) to be able to talk to an official representative of Etihad. Why can they not provide this service in an official platform (proper call centre, online client service...etc.)?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Prince77
Gold # 1000 2440 7895

I am missing the words on how to positively recognize the works of all human beings working in Etihad help department. Presume some must have a skin thick like an elephant, some might have a screw loose and some might take drugs of any kind, considering the load of sh..t being put on your heads everyday.

Seriously you / they are doing your best

With this post I want to create awareness that the people answering the queries of my fellow frequent flyers are at the end of the chain and are not resposible for any delays, missing miles, lost baggage, overbooking, services a.s.o.

The people responsible are hard to get in contact with and nobody knows whether they care .... or not. So finally it is up to each of us to make a conclusion whether to like it, accept it or leave it.

For me I am done after more than 8 years being a Gold guest and more than 170 long haul flights because of lots of disappointments regarding their FFP and corresponding communications with their guest relation to adjust the mileage.

Now looking for a new pasture with another airline. PRIDE COMES BEFORE A FALL.
Dear Prince77,

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment. Could you please DM us more details about your claims so we can look into this for you accordingly.

We will be sure to follow it up for you and get you a response as soon as possible.

Hope we will hear from you soon. *Jiaqi
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by nagytomi82
I'm still careful, because our problem hasn't been solved yet, but I can already say that the approach is positively surprising, as well as the tone and the readyness to help.

I'd carefully add 2 things:

1) It's quite sad that we must praise them for this, as this should be normal from an airline (i.e. providing on-ground, post-purchase services if something goes wrong). But don't get me wrong: knowing other airlines' behaviour, I really appreciate this.

2) It's quite odd that I had to come to an unofficial forum (!) to be able to talk to an official representative of Etihad. Why can they not provide this service in an official platform (proper call centre, online client service...etc.)?
Dear nagytomi82,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry if we have caused any inconvenience to you earlier.

You can always contact us through our social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Youtube etc... One of our Social Media team member will do the best to assist you.

Thank you. *Jiaqi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.