Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2016, 10:19 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi there Irelandflyer,

Please can you DM us your case ID so we can follow up with your case officer?

Thank you
*DP
Old Mar 6, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Dear Etihad help....ive just sent you a private message regarding some miles that have been rejected on a booking i made through Hotels.com......please look into this and try to come up with a sensible excuse, thanks
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by tommy123
Dear Etihad help....ive just sent you a private message regarding some miles that have been rejected on a booking i made through Hotels.com......please look into this and try to come up with a sensible excuse, thanks
Dear Tommy123,

Thank you for your message and we will check it out for you. Our Etihad Guest team will be in touch with you soon. *JS
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:19 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear Flauschie,

We will check it out with the Etihad Guest team and get back to you once we had an update from them.

Thank you for your patience. *JS

Hi EtihadHelp,

You wanted to follow up regarding my question.

I initially asked:

################################################## ##
Hi EtihadHelp,

Just one more question regarding moving up to the next tier level.

Since there is a time gap between having flown the miles required to make silver and actually getting silver status I wonder if this could affect the advancement to gold as well.

To be more precise, I took my first EY flight on July 21st and assume that I have until that date to advance through the status tiers. However, my last flight before the 21st of July will be on AB with an AB flight number. I heard that these fights tend to credit rather late. Therefore if the miles for a flight on July 3rd credit later than the 21st July, will I still advance to Etihad Guest Gold?

Would you have any updates by now?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:06 am

PM'd you regarding some retro claims and issues.
thanks
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
Hi EtihadHelp,

I initially asked:

Hi EtihadHelp,

Since there is a time gap between having flown the miles required to make silver and actually getting silver status I wonder if this could affect the advancement to gold as well.

To be more precise, I took my first EY flight on July 21st and assume that I have until that date to advance through the status tiers. However, my last flight before the 21st of July will be on AB with an AB flight number. I heard that these fights tend to credit rather late. Therefore if the miles for a flight on July 3rd credit later than the 21st July, will I still advance to Etihad Guest Gold?

Even if it credits late it usually credits to date of activity so system should update that and therefore credit you gold to that date as well
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
Hi EtihadHelp,

I initially asked:

Hi EtihadHelp,

Dear Flauschie_Mr,

Sorry for the late response.

As per the information from our Etihad Guest team, kindly be advised if you have flown on 3rd July, we count the tier miles as per that date. Even if the miles get posted later, we will track it as per the earning on 3rd July.

Hope this may help.

Thank you. *JS
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Air Berlin Gold, Etihad Silver (bad move)
Etihad poor customer service

Dear Etihad help

Thanks for getting involved in my customer service issue.

However, despite the fact that my europe-originating flight was cancelled and I was delayed for 12 hours, your customer service is denying that I am entitled to the mandatory compensation, as per EU rules.

They make no mention of the mandatory rules in their reply.

The Aviation Regulator is now taking care of the issue and it will be resolved satisfactorily, but it really is a pity that your airline is behaving in such a disingenuous way.

There is a clear strategy to avoid the issue in the hope it goes away. Dishonest.

On the night of the delayed flight, the airport operator at the point of departure made it clear that they found Etihad dreadful to deal with. Seems they are right.

Shame on you.

Last edited by Irelandflyer; Mar 10, 2016 at 4:45 pm Reason: typo..doh
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by Irelandflyer

Shame on you.
You can say that again! Purely the result of poorly trained and incompetent staff who are way too inept to effectively handle customer service issues.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by yabadoo
You can say that again! Purely the result of poorly trained and incompetent staff who are way too inept to effectively handle customer service issues.
Unfortunately I don't think it is incompetence. I think it is a calculated strategy to encourage people to give up rather than claim the compensation to which they're entitled. I wonder out of every 100 people that have a claim, how many give up? Whatever the number, it is a saving for the airline. But I won't be one of them.

I have already gotten the authorities involved so it will get resolved...the hard way. Unnecessary, and frankly not likely to encourage any brand loyalty. From what the airport staff were telling me here, Etihad is notorious for poor customer service following disruption.

I will update here and my main motivation is to encourage others to take no nonsense from Etihad.

And as a service to other people on the receiving end of shoddy treatment from Etihad customer service, here is a link detailing the exact scope of the compensation scheme which applies by law in all EU or European Economic Area countries.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...d_flights.html
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by Irelandflyer
I think it is a calculated strategy to encourage people to give up rather than claim the compensation to which they're entitled. I wonder out of every 100 people that have a claim, how many give up?
This is exactly it. Part of this calculated strategy is to field feeble employees who follow the text/rule book and have no imagination, critical thinking and problem solving skills. Put a smart, intelligent and experienced employee there and that may work against the company whereby they start giving away too much to make customers happy. Nothing unusual about this, many businesses follow this practice. However, with Etihad, they have the added benefit of the veil of protection afforded to it by being based in the UAE. Laws there are different and don't apply like how they do in other sophisticated and mature business environments, as result, try taking them to court and suing them in the UAE, you'll be laughed at.

Last edited by yabadoo; Mar 10, 2016 at 8:49 pm
Old Mar 11, 2016, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by yabadoo
This is exactly it. Part of this calculated strategy is to field feeble employees who follow the text/rule book and have no imagination, critical thinking and problem solving skills. Put a smart, intelligent and experienced employee there and that may work against the company whereby they start giving away too much to make customers happy. Nothing unusual about this, many businesses follow this practice. However, with Etihad, they have the added benefit of the veil of protection afforded to it by being based in the UAE. Laws there are different and don't apply like how they do in other sophisticated and mature business environments, as result, try taking them to court and suing them in the UAE, you'll be laughed at.
But the irony is that European Law means they are culpable in this instance. I have made a claim to the local enforcement agency and it will get handled, albeit taking six months.

But it really gives me an exceptionally poor experience of the airline.

Again, shame on you Etihad. Lousy approach made even worse by your disingenuous slogans about putting guests first. You are notorious for it.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Alitalia benefits on Etihad

Please help with the following questions;

What lounge at JFK can be accessed when flying Etihad in economy JFK-AUH with Alitalia freccia alata status (Etihad Partner)?

What priority check in and lounge can be accessed in AUH for departing Etihad passenger in in economy with Alitalia freccia alata status (Etihad Partner)?

Finally, for economy passenger on Etihad arriving into Delhi is fast track immigration available with Alitalia freccia alata status (Etihad Partner)? I ask because this seems to be a benefit from those With Etihad gold status.

Many thanks! D
Old Mar 12, 2016, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Development
Please help with the following questions;

What lounge at JFK can be accessed when flying Etihad in economy JFK-AUH with Alitalia freccia alata status (Etihad Partner)?

What priority check in and lounge can be accessed in AUH for departing Etihad passenger in in economy with Alitalia freccia alata status (Etihad Partner)?

Finally, for economy passenger on Etihad arriving into Delhi is fast track immigration available with Alitalia freccia alata status (Etihad Partner)? I ask because this seems to be a benefit from those With Etihad gold status.

Many thanks! D
All those questions should be directed to Alitalia and their FF#. Etihad are only operating the flights.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Arrow

Originally Posted by mlqsko
All those questions should be directed to Alitalia and their FF#. Etihad are only operating the flights.
I am confused by why you would say this. Alitalia is an Etihad Equity partner and I am merely trying to understand what benefits my elite status on Alitalia will be for my Etihad coded and operated flight.

Why would I ask Alitalia about this? Shouldn't Etihad know what benefits I am supposed to get (e.g. lounge, check in, boarding, etc)?

This is really no different than me having Star Alliance Gold status on United and flying on Lufthansa, except in this example Star Alliance Gold benefits are articulated much more clearly than Etihad Equity Partners.

All I can find is this information which says nothing about lounge at JFK airport (likely because it was updated before JFK lounge open). https://www.alitalia.com/en_gb/mille...d-airways.html

(please scroll to bottom of page, Services and Benefits).

I remain concerned that what should be a very simple set of questions cant easily be answered.

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.