Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Dubh
EtihadHelp, I just completed an AUH to Rome leg with a Select Upgrade. Again it has registered as an X fare and zero miles have been credited. Can you explain please?
Well Retro Claims emailed me back on Friday saying the guest miles were to be credited shortly. Still nothing. This is not good enough. Just booked Zurich with BA and Shanghai with Cathay, and Black listed EY in our HR dept.

Just writing an email to the DED Consumer Rights contact address regarding the miss-selling of Select Upgrades by Etihad.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: KF PPS, MM FT
Magnetic Headphone Jack

Hi! Ive been reading about this magnetic headphone jack on the 787 studio seats and wondering if i will still be able to use my own Bose headphones onboard instead of the ones provided? Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:28 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by Dubh
Well Retro Claims emailed me back on Friday saying the guest miles were to be credited shortly. Still nothing. This is not good enough. Just booked Zurich with BA and Shanghai with Cathay, and Black listed EY in our HR dept.

Just writing an email to the DED Consumer Rights contact address regarding the miss-selling of Select Upgrades by Etihad.
Dear Dubh,

Thank you for contact us. Kindly note that our Etihad Guest team is working on it and they will email you once miles are credited.

Kindly note that retro claims for other airlines may take some time for the team to process.

Thank you for your patience again. *JS
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Loalq
Hi! Ive been reading about this magnetic headphone jack on the 787 studio seats and wondering if i will still be able to use my own Bose headphones onboard instead of the ones provided? Thanks!
Hi Loalq,

We are unable to confirm in advance from our end. This depends on the headphones plug and you will need to check it on board.

Thank you. *JS
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: EK Silver, EY Gold, Hyatt Platinum
will my luggage be checked though my final destination in US

Long time EK flyer, flying EY for the first time in business.

I am flying AMD-AUH-LAX-DEN. will my luggage be directly checked in through DEN or will I have to collect bags in LAX ?

On my way back, I am flying DEN-ORD-AUH-AMD. Will I have to collect my luggage in ORD?

I have 10.5 hour layover in AUH. Will I be eligible for STPC?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:44 am

Etihad Airways

Hi thadeusd3,

You would need to contact our contact centre and they will be happy to check the availability for you. Kindly use this link to help http://bit.ly/1ifg8cN or alternatively we can ask our team to call you, if you wish please send us an inbox message and we will get our team to call you. Let us know which you prefer and we will arrange this accordingly *GW

Originally Posted by thadeusd3
Hi EtihadHelp. I'd like to use Etihad guest miles to make a booking on American Airlines. Is there a way to check availability other than calling Etihad's ticketing office?

American airlines shows plenty of seats on the flight I'd like to book for AAdvantage members, but of course availability is different when redeeming through Etihad.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:46 am

Etihad Airways

Hi hi2all

Thanks for coming to our page today, kindly send us your booking reference to our inbox messages and we will be happy to look at this for you and check with our team regarding the STPC.

Thanks *GW

Originally Posted by hi2all
Long time EK flyer, flying EY for the first time in business.

I am flying AMD-AUH-LAX-DEN. will my luggage be directly checked in through DEN or will I have to collect bags in LAX ?

On my way back, I am flying DEN-ORD-AUH-AMD. Will I have to collect my luggage in ORD?

I have 10.5 hour layover in AUH. Will I be eligible for STPC?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 3:48 pm

Etihad help

, I've sent you a PM with some details: AA agents are unable to assist with bookings that show available on your site.

I provided a phone number and all relevant details. If your reservation department and theirs cam talk to get my flight corrected, that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by paladin732
Etihad help

, I've sent you a PM with some details: AA agents are unable to assist with bookings that show available on your site.

I provided a phone number and all relevant details. If your reservation department and theirs cam talk to get my flight corrected, that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance.
Hi paladin732,

We have not received your private message, can you please private message us once again and we will get back to you as soon as possible. *HE
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:47 pm

Just resent it EtihadHelp,

Can you verify?

EDIT:

I've just checked the website and verified, as expected, that the availability for the flight in question DOES exist, but AA can not see it.

Last edited by paladin732; Apr 6, 2016 at 11:24 pm
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear SeeBuyFly,

We are sorry for the late response. We have asked our Online Booking team to look into this issue and we will be sure to let you know once we had an update. Thanks. *JS
Quoted post is from 17 Mar. I am still waiting.

Actually, of course, I am not waiting; EtihadHelp has already confirmed that EY is intentionally preventing award passengers from choosing connecting flights:
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear Guest, please kindly note there will be no seat available if you choice a connection flight, but if you check the flight separately the seat will show available.
It's shameful and unethical behavior on EY's part.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: etihad guest silver/ba bronze
I completed flights in Jan from syd-auh-dub,registered for the silver challenge and have emailed etihad guest several times with no joy!
Traveling tomorrow from London and wanted to use the lounge but no silver card yet and very disappointed.
Usual email saying someone is looking at it! Please stop looking and do something! It shouldn't take 2 months to process this!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by eiflyer
I completed flights in Jan from syd-auh-dub,registered for the silver challenge and have emailed etihad guest several times with no joy!
Traveling tomorrow from London and wanted to use the lounge but no silver card yet and very disappointed.
Usual email saying someone is looking at it! Please stop looking and do something! It shouldn't take 2 months to process this!
Dear eiflyer,

Sorry for the late response.

You can print your Etihad Guest Card from the Mobile App and present it to the airport team.

Please also let us know your Etihad Guest number by DM so we can follow it up for you.

Thank you. *JS
Old Apr 10, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: Kingclub - Gold,Skywards Silver,Jet Privilege Blue Plus,IHG Platinum,Marriott Silver,QMiles Burgundy
Hi Etihad Help, I was trying to use my Etihad guest miles for a partner redemption on Bangkok Airlines. On calling your call center they are unable to see any availability from Apr to August and have quoted 'X' class as the redemption class. As per my understanding from reading on other forums, Bangkok Airways award inventory is 'Ý' and there is ample availability in 'Y'. Could you please help to reconfirm if 'X'class is indeed the partner redemption class for PG.

Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2016, 1:36 am

Hi Wildboar, kindly note the the booking class for economy on PG is "X" for redemption booking. Please call our call center later close to your departure date so that they check the availability again for you. *ES

Originally Posted by Wildboar
Hi Etihad Help, I was trying to use my Etihad guest miles for a partner redemption on Bangkok Airlines. On calling your call center they are unable to see any availability from Apr to August and have quoted 'X' class as the redemption class. As per my understanding from reading on other forums, Bangkok Airways award inventory is 'Ý' and there is ample availability in 'Y'. Could you please help to reconfirm if 'X'class is indeed the partner redemption class for PG.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.