Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:33 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by m3red
I'm a 2 A / K fan too.
Fixed that for you.
DYKWIA, m3red, Saltire74 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh

Fixed that for you.
well this is true...
thijsseh likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Blue
My sincerest thanks to the very kind FTers who’ve taken the time to respond and offer advice. Seeing the enthusiasm for 23A/K among the experienced travellers is making reconsider.

My main concern with sitting so far back is not getting my first meal choice - is this common when seated towards rear of the cabin with EK?

The other issues of increased traffic etc are probably balanced by the improved privacy and more ‘intimate’ (oo-err missus) cabin.

Struggling to decide - talk about first-world problems!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:05 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Teefaf
My sincerest thanks to the very kind FTers who’ve taken the time to respond and offer advice. Seeing the enthusiasm for 23A/K among the experienced travellers is making reconsider.

My main concern with sitting so far back is not getting my first meal choice - is this common when seated towards rear of the cabin with EK?

The other issues of increased traffic etc are probably balanced by the improved privacy and more ‘intimate’ (oo-err missus) cabin.

Another 23A/K advocate here.

S
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Teefaf

As I think was already mentioned the service does not start from the front of the cabin but rather is staggered, so being at 23A might in fact be better than being at 18A, because you may be served earlier, your order will be taken on a phone and EK rarely runs out of first choices so you can probably have whatever you want
thijsseh and Teefaf like this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:41 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Also worth mentioning that EK J meal service is not trolley based. Orders are taken via electronic handset and the orders are taken at the same time in a staggered way, with 4 crew taking orders and 2 crew preparing drinks, the other 2 getting food started. It is a well oiled machine and I have never had a bad A388 service in J. (Although I've had some crew who were frosty and could not be bothered being there).

In 8 years of flying J, I've never had my meal choice denied on an A388.
thijsseh and Teefaf like this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Thank you again - that’s perfect. Switch made and looking forward to have 12 hours of uninterrupted time in which to enjoy it! :-)
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:58 am

I scored the famous 23A on 3 of my 4 legs, however my night flight DXB - BKK is a 2 class A380 and someone had already been occupying my rightful seat (equivalent) of 20A/K. I had been assigned to 22A but that one seems to be on the very rear of the BC cabin. Its a night flight, and I am pondering if I should give up my direct window seat and move forwards in the cabin to not be disturbed in the case I want to sleep.

Is the bar noticable in the back of the BC cabin should it be filled with joyeous people?

Last edited by Denizz; Jun 27, 2019 at 4:03 am
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Denizz
I scored the famous 23A on 3 of my 4 legs, however my night flight DXB - BKK is a 2 class A380 and someone had already been occupying my rightful seat (equivalent) of 20A/K. I had been assigned to 22A but that one seems to be on the very rear of the BC cabin. Its a night flight, and I am pondering if I should give up my direct window seat and move forwards in the cabin to not be disturbed in the case I want to sleep.

Is the bar noticable in the back of the BC cabin should it be filled with joyeous people?
I have flown DXB-BKK several times in the last few months and would say it is hard to predict whether the bar will be busy or not but I rarely hear noise coming from it. On the other hand you have to weigh up the privacy of an A/K seat compared to the aisle seats B/J.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Will08
I have flown DXB-BKK several times in the last few months and would say it is hard to predict whether the bar will be busy or not but I rarely hear noise coming from it. On the other hand you have to weigh up the privacy of an A/K seat compared to the aisle seats B/J.
Its indeed a tough nut to crack for me, exactly for the reason you describe it. Such first world problems .

I do know that I will be bothered MUCH more IF the bar will be busy (and noticable) than with the loss of privacy of sitting directly at the aisle. However I absolutely love the feeling of the A/K seats because of how private they are, and 22A is the only one left. It would not even have been an 'issue' if it was the day flight instead, because I would be in the bar myself for a good portion of the flight . So its basically a gamble of more privacy feeling and the chance of disturbing from the bar.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:31 am

Get the best of both worlds. A bellyful of beer and you'll sleep like a baby anywhere.
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:46 am

A380 2 class

What are the good seats on a 380 2 class in business class?
I reserved 20A from BKK to HKG
Usually it is loud in the back on a plane (behind the engines). But if it so on this plane.....why they have the business class back there?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by SwissTom
What are the good seats on a 380 2 class in business class?
I reserved 20A from BKK to HKG
Usually it is loud in the back on a plane (behind the engines). But if it so on this plane.....why they have the business class back there?
The A380 will be one of the quietest planes you've probably come across regarding engine noise, no matter where you sit. The original 3 Class layout was exclusively First and Business upstairs so the cheap seats (Business) were at the back, and the 2 Class layout remained the same there. 20A and 20K are widely regarded as the best on board.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by ft101
20A and 20K are widely regarded as the best on board.
Thanks
I am very pleased to hear that!
So I did nothing wrong.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
" 20A and 20K are widely regarded as the best on board. "
I beg to disagree. I always prefer the forward J cabin-rows 9 or 10.
SS
nmc980 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.