Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DYKWIA
To request a refund / voucher or keep your ticket open for 24 months, use the following link :-

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...efund-request/
Print Wikipost

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 12:14 am

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
Wonder if someone can help with this situation

Friend purchased a ticket from DAC EK office using credit card for parents

One parent passed away after one half of the trip and other became medically unfit to fly and they are due for refund of other part

However card got closed in this period
EK DAC office are stalling and saying they are asking EK HQ in DXB for refund permission but it could take many months if at all, but doesnt ring true to me

Surely there must be a simpler way to get a refund if credit card which was used got cancelled

Thank you everyone
Old May 8, 2022, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by LonghornDXB
Wonder if someone can help with this situation

Friend purchased a ticket from DAC EK office using credit card for parents

One parent passed away after one half of the trip and other became medically unfit to fly and they are due for refund of other part

However card got closed in this period
EK DAC office are stalling and saying they are asking EK HQ in DXB for refund permission but it could take many months if at all, but doesnt ring true to me

Surely there must be a simpler way to get a refund if credit card which was used got cancelled

Thank you everyone
regardless of cc being cancelled you still get the funds from the bank - non issue

regarding the death of passenger or family member and the illness of a passenger you are entitled to a refund. Fill in the forms on emirates website on this and attach certificates as proof
Old May 8, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
Originally Posted by redeternet7
regardless of cc being cancelled you still get the funds from the bank - non issue

regarding the death of passenger or family member and the illness of a passenger you are entitled to a refund. Fill in the forms on emirates website on this and attach certificates as proof
Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Reading Emirates fare bucket rules and it shows Flex as refundable with a fee. The fee is relatively small (~$80 US). Flex Plus has no fee - but it's much much more than Flex to not be worth it. Saver shows as non-refundable. Is this correct? Emirates seems to have a somewhat refund policy if we cancel flights compared to other US and UK airlines. Just wanted to be sure (will be first Emirates flight)
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:42 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I had a ticket HYD-JFK-HYD in F Flex. I flew the outbound already, but on my return trip my JFK-DXB was canceled. Agent said I was eligible for refund of the unused portion of the ticket due to flight cancellation if I wanted to cancel the rest of this ticket, so I requested the refund. Any idea if I will actually get the 50% refunded or will it be less?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.