Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DYKWIA
To request a refund / voucher or keep your ticket open for 24 months, use the following link :-

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...efund-request/
Print Wikipost

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2020, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by ajp1
Just a quick experience from my side with regards to travel vouchers - I had a number of bookings that I converted into travel vouchers earlier in the year. Today I went on to the Emirates website to book flights using one of the travel vouchers. There is no option to redeem these on the EK website currently and you have to call the contact centre to make a booking using a voucher. As you are booking via the contact centre they charge you a booking fee (AED100 per passenger in my case). I requested the call centre to waive this as there was no other option to book other than the call centre and was told it was not possible. What a terrible policy and way to treat customers who have decided not to request refunds for cancelled travel.
Many of the call centre agents were actually recently moved into those roles, from, for example the social media team. As such they dont really have the (already limited) knowledge other agents have. Some cant even construct a fare... either escalate to a manager, or hang up and call again.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 4:27 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC Silver
iFlyMoreThanYou I believe you are the record holder of the fastest refund. Mine is still in process after 60 days.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by flyvinci
iFlyMoreThanYou I believe you are the record holder of the fastest refund. Mine is still in process after 60 days.
try submitting again. i had one where I was waiting for 2 months, submitted again and got it within a week (could be observation bias). Also dont put any comments.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC Silver
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
try submitting again. i had one where I was waiting for 2 months, submitted again and got it within a week (could be observation bias). Also dont put any comments.
Just received a confirmation that the refund has been processed... they heard me ^^
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 4:33 am

Programs: Marriott
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Many of the call centre agents were actually recently moved into those roles, from, for example the social media team. As such they dont really have the (already limited) knowledge other agents have. Some cant even construct a fare... either escalate to a manager, or hang up and call again.
Tried making a complaint via the formal complaint webform and they just dodge it, absolutely useless customer service.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 2:12 pm

I purchased a flight and upgraded with miles, would I get the miles back? I filed the refund form but haven't heard anything back. For those who have received their refund, did emirates send an email or alert you in any way of the refund? Do I have to monitor my credit card and miles?
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 3:40 am

strangely have had seat reservation money refunded but not the fare!
Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:18 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Curious if anyone on here has tried to receive compensation for an EK ticket cancelled by them due to COVID and for which EK was later unable to fulfill contract.

For example: DXB-NCE canceled in March, and only route later available was DXB-CDG and pax had to pay their own way CDG-NCE?
Old Sep 9, 2020, 10:43 am

data point, 29 days from refund request to hitting my credit card.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 10:44 am

first requested refund 28th July and re applied 30th august still no reply or any sign of refund yet have had seat reservation money back, anyone know of any way to chase this up getting ridiculous now
Old Oct 2, 2020, 10:50 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Stephen Harwood
first requested refund 28th July and re applied 30th august still no reply or any sign of refund yet have had seat reservation money back, anyone know of any way to chase this up getting ridiculous now
Chargeback if on credit card.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:14 am

Just to chime in- If you need to cancel your booking, but wish to keep your ticket for future use, give the online chat tool on the Emirates website a try. I got almost immediate assistance and immediate coordination of the request. I was expecting to suffer through hours of waiting for something to be done, but my booking was cancelled and converted to an open booking ticket within about 3 minutes. Kind of flabbergasted, really.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by kguy12345
Just to chime in- If you need to cancel your booking, but wish to keep your ticket for future use, give the online chat tool on the Emirates website a try. I got almost immediate assistance and immediate coordination of the request. I was expecting to suffer through hours of waiting for something to be done, but my booking was cancelled and converted to an open booking ticket within about 3 minutes. Kind of flabbergasted, really.
to be honest, that’s always been my experience on EK. Call centre mostly, but never really had problems in this regard.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:14 pm

Hi, I had economy flex rtn flight STN-DXB, upgraded to business with miles. STN route cancelled and switched to LHR. The email does not say 'cancellation' but that it's been moved for operational reasons. Clearly the flight from STN has been cancelled. I was hoping to just rearrange for another date in 2021 and keep the business ticket but the agent said I would have to find upgrade availability again? Is that right - doesn't seem fair? Would I not be better just getting a refund of cash and miles instead. If anyone else has had a similar situation please let me know, thank you.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:52 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
Hi there - I'm new to the EK forum and have a question. I am planning on purchasing a flex J class ticket (fully refundable), if I plan on cancelling a few days before I fly, how long does the "full refund" typically take to credit my credit card?
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.