Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DYKWIA
To request a refund / voucher or keep your ticket open for 24 months, use the following link :-

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...efund-request/
Print Wikipost

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Old Jun 14, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by Brostman
Award Tkt Cancellation: Was wondering if someone could tell me the current rules regarding a voluntary cancellation of an award redemption. I assume miles are redeposited to my account (any fee for that??)..... and what happens with the co-pay $. If it matters, the flights in question are for March/April 2022. Thank you.
Am curious about this too...
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Award Tkt Cancellation: Was wondering if someone could tell me the current rules regarding a voluntary cancellation of an award redemption. I assume miles are redeposited to my account (any fee for that??)..... and what happens with the co-pay $. If it matters, the flights in question are for March/April 2022. Thank you.
Originally Posted by theboss7593
Am curious about this too...
I've cancelled my award tickets both online and on the phone with no fees. Miles are refunded instantly while the taxes take a few days
theboss7593 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 10:07 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by chongl
I've cancelled my award tickets both online and on the phone with no fees. Miles are refunded instantly while the taxes take a few days
Thank you
Old Sep 25, 2021, 4:11 pm

Thank you

I need to do the same. Hit the refund link but it brings me to a generic request a refund link . https://www.emirates.com//us/english...efund-request/

did you see something different?
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:05 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by yachtmaster2017
I need to do the same. Hit the refund link but it brings me to a generic request a refund link . https://www.emirates.com//us/english...efund-request/

did you see something different?
Sorry, my situation was one of anticipating what would happen if I had a voluntary cancellation. As it turned out, I was fairly certain my SE Asia cruise would be cancelled, so I never booked the award tickets. Hence, I do not know what would have occurred if I had to cancel an award ticket..... I think other posts in this thread may have first hand experience with the situation I was trying to evaluate.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 6:47 am

Non refundable taxes

Anyone have any information on refunds of taxes with EK? I booked last Monday to fly this Wednesday 6th. I can't make the flight and understand it's a refundable ticket. I spoke with CS who advised they can either open the ticket for future travel or offer a full refund. No cancellation fees would be charged but any non-refundable taxes would be deducted from the refund. I asked how much those were if any and she said they didn't have access to that information. I would receive an email with the refund amount after the cancellation is requested. If I wasn't happy with the amount I would have to put in a complaint but I wouldn't be able to "reverse" the cancellation at that stage. Seems bizarre to me as they're saying we can give you a refund but can't tell you how much and when we do know how much it'll be too late to do much about it. If I knew there were taxes I'd consider keeping the ticket open depending on how much they were but obviously I'd prefer a full refund. I'm not sure what to do here?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:30 pm
prb

Originally Posted by neverenoughmiles
Anyone have any information on refunds of taxes with EK? I booked last Monday to fly this Wednesday 6th. I can't make the flight and understand it's a refundable ticket. I spoke with CS who advised they can either open the ticket for future travel or offer a full refund. No cancellation fees would be charged but any non-refundable taxes would be deducted from the refund. I asked how much those were if any and she said they didn't have access to that information. I would receive an email with the refund amount after the cancellation is requested. If I wasn't happy with the amount I would have to put in a complaint but I wouldn't be able to "reverse" the cancellation at that stage. Seems bizarre to me as they're saying we can give you a refund but can't tell you how much and when we do know how much it'll be too late to do much about it. If I knew there were taxes I'd consider keeping the ticket open depending on how much they were but obviously I'd prefer a full refund. I'm not sure what to do here?
I am in a similar situation...I was able to see the refund amount online, though. Here's how I found it:

1. Click the Manage Reservation link in the confirmation email from Emirates
2. On that page, just below your flight details, there is a "Request a refund" link in the bottom right.
3. That page shows the refund breakdown and how much you'll get back.

---

Realized after posting that your trip date has already passed. I'll leave this up in case it helps anyone else.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by prb
I am in a similar situation...I was able to see the refund amount online, though. Here's how I found it:

1. Click the Manage Reservation link in the confirmation email from Emirates
2. On that page, just below your flight details, there is a "Request a refund" link in the bottom right.
3. That page shows the refund breakdown and how much you'll get back.

---

Realized after posting that your trip date has already passed. I'll leave this up in case it helps anyone else.
Thanks prb. I ended up speaking to someone else on Online Chat who confirmed there no non-refundable taxes so completed the online form and received an email a few days ago with the amount. Confirmed full amount minus about £10 or so which I'm not too bothered about.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:01 pm

Hi,

Anyone know how to reach Emirates Customer Service? I need to change international flights departing Monday and the online change (manage my booking) says I must call them. I've tried to call US Customer Service about four times in four days and get a message saying they are not talking calls. There is also no reference on the web page for email address or chat.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:47 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by nododge
Hi,

Anyone know how to reach Emirates Customer Service? I need to change international flights departing Monday and the online change (manage my booking) says I must call them. I've tried to call US Customer Service about four times in four days and get a message saying they are not talking calls. There is also no reference on the web page for email address or chat.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
I have had no need to try this myself, but apparently the ‘chat’ function on the website works really well. Same for direct messaging via the Emirates Twitter team.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: UA Silver
RECENT EXPERIENCE w chat, 800# and refund.
I cancelled a biz flex award booking and did it online via the link noted in this string and it was easy. I received email confirmation it was in process. it took one week for full taxes to be returned to the credit card used in the original booking and 2 weeks for miles to be returned. (IN CONTRAST A biz saver award would have had some fees to cancel and this is very clear in the booking process). Both chat and 800 were 'unavailable' all the times I tried to communicate with EK directly. I did reach them via EKSupport on twitter but just received an auto reply 'please be patient...'. Once the miles were returned 'Neil' from EK sent a tweet to me. [As for taxes being returned, I had to cancel this exact type of resy in Aug2020 to the same destination and EK claimed I could not receive any taxes back. I asked 3x then gave up.]
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:45 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Hi All.
I have a reward flight leaving the UK this Tuesday. Current requirements are for a negative PCR test for my destination, this I have done and awaiting the results. In the meantime, online check in has opened.
If I check in, and then have to later cancel (for a negative PCR test) would this affect my ability to change / refund etc?

Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Beano HK
Hi All.

If I check in, and then have to later cancel (for a negative PCR test) would this affect my ability to change / refund etc?

Thanks
No, you can just call EK and ask them to cancel your checkin, this will offload you from the flight, and the ticket becomes active again, so easily can be changed / refunded accordingly
Beano HK likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Business saver fare: refundable after cxl fee?

I need to book a business saver fare US-DXB-India for 3 pax for mid-may 2022 today.
Given how far away that is I expect more convenient non stops to be available by then.
I have never flown EK. Not very familiar with their fare rules and policies.

If I book these today as biz saver fares (~4000 USD/pax) but choose to cancel it in February-March should other airlines be more convenient, do I get a refund back minus the change fee?

the fine print when comparing the business fares says :
“RestrictedNo charge
Before departure: USD 400. After departure: Not permitted”
Old Nov 27, 2021, 12:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Pleb
I am planning to book my first reward flight with Emirates. Have only ever done this with BA before.
If I need to cancel or change this flight, how slow is that currently and is the process automatic or manual? Will any of the additional tax be refunded along with the points?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.