Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DYKWIA
To request a refund / voucher or keep your ticket open for 24 months, use the following link :-

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...efund-request/
Print Wikipost

Emirates cancellations - refunds/vouchers

Old May 14, 2020, 4:18 pm

Programs: Skywards
Got email that we will get fully refunded with no fees charged

Yay!
Old May 15, 2020, 4:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

With EK having lots of flights on sale from 1st July, I can see a lot of complaints when they start cancelling those services, and saying that it will be 90 days to get a refund
Old May 15, 2020, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Ashok Khanna
Got email that we will get fully refunded with no fees charged

Yay!
When did you apply for the refund?
Old May 20, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Had flights cancelled/suspended at the end of March. Filled in the online refund form on 6 April and received confirmation yesterday that all four tickets will be refunded to my CC without any deductions/penalty.
Wanderlust_65 likes this.
Old May 23, 2020, 2:35 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
A new data point: just called Emirates about my refund that was submitted on 21 April 2020. At that time I was told it would take up to 60 days to process the refund. However, on the call just now I was told it can now take up to 90 days, so Emirates have added on another potential month to the refund time.

Currently, my worst case scenario for a refund is around 21 July 2020.

Disappointing.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 10:10 am

Still no refund from my cancelled (fully refundable) ticket from 17 March (with the second form filled in again in mid April). Is there anyone still waiting this long for an Emirates refund?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 11:08 am

have you try to call emirates? as per some of the apply for voucher and refund may be submit unsuccessful, is better call them at least confirm your request have been sent
Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:44 pm

For about 2-3 weeks now they have said the status shows as refund processed, so it's a waiting game up until the 90 day deadline they say.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
At that time I was told it would take up to 60 days to process the refund.
Have you really believed Emirates after they have told you that?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 2:10 pm

no one knows, but what I saw in other forum, start from mid march the refund need to takes around 60 days for process, they will send email to you after the process is complete, amount will refund to credit card after within 2 weeks
Old Jun 1, 2020, 2:36 pm

I still haven't received any sort of email saying it is complete, but on the phone they said it was processed several weeks ago. Ticket status is apparently as 'refund'.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 7:33 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
A new data point: I got an email from Emirates yesterday confirming a full refund. Days elapsed from making the claim to getting the refund email = 42 days

One caveat: the payment hasn't appeared on my credit card yet. I expect that to happen in the next couple of days.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:23 am

Another DP: Cancelled early March but was told to resubmit on Apr 28th. Got email confirmation yesterday that full refund is processed. So should see it on my card soon!
Old Jun 4, 2020, 2:06 pm

Another DP - cancelled 27 April via tcon to CSA, back on credit card 1 June.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Reading some of the recent data points. I had a trip from Athens to Newark cancelled on me in June. I want to do the trip in 2021 so I considered just taking the voucher as 2 agents told me its good for ANY Business Class seat on that route, even if there are no award seats available at the classic/saver level.

That said with their recent fee reduction I’d pay less than $200 in taxes/fees on two tix and currently I paid $588 on taxes/fees on the two tix. Agent said they cannot refund me the difference if I keep the voucher.

So I am thinking about getting a refund then rebooking to save the $400, but with these 60-90 day waits I likely cannot book in July 2020 when the window will open for June 2021.

I tried 2 agents, any secrets to maybe keeping a voucher but getting a credit on the difference in taxes/fees?

If not I am leaning towards cancelling, just stinks I used AMEX points to EK Skywards so I’ll have 125,000 points just sitting in there. Not really interested in a trip to the Middle East but I guess I could also fly to Southeast Asia or Africa. The agent told me the miles if refunded would be good til 2023.

I am just seeing if I am understanding the voucher correctly for an award point booking vs a cash booking (which seems pretty straight forward). The last 2 posts are showing a much quicker turn around time - personally I am more concerned to get the points back quick so I can rebook in July - I can float the taxes/fees waiting for that part of the refund.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.