Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by subject2load
@ lost_in_translation - good to see your very positive feedback ^

I’ve never been less than happy with the ‘old’ F product on EK, but have yet to try the special new 777 incarnation. It’s firmly on my list and STN is actually very convenient for me geographically - even if it wouldn’t normally be my preferred choice as regards airport facilites etc. (at least it’s much better than the total shambles that LTN has become ..... so a good thing that EK didn’t choose that ! I’ve no idea just how much longer the building mess will continue at LTN ..... I’m convinced most other countries would have had it sorted long before now, but I guess they think leisure pax don’t care)

Thing is I have a bunch of Skywards expiring soonish so would like to use them. But I see very little F award availability for STN-DXB, or indeed from other stations served by the new 777 config. I believe the occasional redemption seat IS released at very short notice .... ? Did you manage to snag one yourself ...... or did you decide to splash the cash ?
Unfortunately I don't have a stash of Skywards miles to draw on yet as I'm pretty new to EK, so not sure on the redemption availability front. I found the cash F prices were actually slightly cheaper than LHR (around the same as LGW) which seemed reasonable for the product quality.
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ lost_in_translation - thanks for getting back to me. Your report (along with a number of others) has well & truly whetted my appetite !
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Return on EK33 today even better with an amazing crew! Emirates have quite a product here, never thought I'd be looking forward to going to Stansted in future.
that lounge at stn is horrific, the Camden pub is much better - they should give vouchers out for that.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by m3red

that lounge at stn is horrific, the Camden pub is much better - they should give vouchers out for that.
Hi m3red - you have a very high benchmark of course (!) but agreed I’m not sure the STN facility deserves to be called a lounge, and wonder whether - with EK increasing to double daily soon - they (ie EK themselves) will feel the need to do something about it.

Have you seen my recent PM by the way ..... ?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh
There are reports of people being able to get award seats / upgrades on these new planes, but they indeed seem to be few and far between.
I suppose the desirability and the small number of seats available make EK believe they can sell them instead of releasing them for award travel. I have read a few reviews where people comment that F was not full, so I wonder how often there is 'on board - space available' upgrade availability.
Yup. Seats are blocked for redemption on EK's Skywards and Qantas Frequent Flyer. What I intend to do is go to the check in counter to change to an earlier flight. I am book on EK46 from FRAnkfurt to DXB at 1515. I intend to go to the check in counter in the morning since I am staying at the airport hotel to ask to change to EK44 at 1100.

Anyone has this experience? Please share!! Thanks!!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by vsepr
Yup. Seats are blocked for redemption on EK's Skywards and Qantas Frequent Flyer. What I intend to do is go to the check in counter to change to an earlier flight. I am book on EK46 from FRAnkfurt to DXB at 1515. I intend to go to the check in counter in the morning since I am staying at the airport hotel to ask to change to EK44 at 1100.

Anyone has this experience? Please share!! Thanks!!
Usual charges per your fare conditions should apply.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Usual charges per your fare conditions should apply.
No, I mean to go check-in counter to standby. Ask if can change if there are empty seats in F on EK44.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:39 am

No, I mean to go check-in counter to standby. Ask if can change if there are empty seats in F on EK44.
I understood your question and the answer is that usual charges per your fare conditions should apply. If your later flight is oversold you may get some leniency, but otherwise they'll charge you.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:42 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

As said, you'd be charged a change fee. You can't just turn up and ask to move flights, even if there is space available.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
As said, you'd be charged a change fee. You can't just turn up and ask to move flights, even if there is space available.
Thanks for all your info. Mine is a redemption ticket issued by Qantas FFP. Anyway I will just go to the check in counter to try my luck since I stay at the airport hotel. If I can change free to EK44, I will go back to my hotel & check out. It is worth the try because seats are not available for redemption, and that's why I choose FRA.

Because last time I manage to change to an earlier flight on EVA Air from HND to TSA from BR191 to BR189, by going to the check in counter when it opens. It was a redemption ticket issued by EVA Air.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Generally, yes. Some airlines are more relaxed about allowing this kind of free change if they have space available, I used to do this regularly on JNB-CPT coming in from an international flight where there was an earlier connection to CPT I could make, often switched, no issue, no hassle, done at the check-in counter.

EK are notoriously by the book, however. You might get lucky, but don't expect to. If the later flight is oversold and someone with brains deals with you they might move you for free.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:48 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Generally, yes. Some airlines are more relaxed about allowing this kind of free change if they have space available, I used to do this regularly on JNB-CPT coming in from an international flight where there was an earlier connection to CPT I could make, often switched, no issue, no hassle, done at the check-in counter.

EK are notoriously by the book, however. You might get lucky, but don't expect to. If the later flight is oversold and someone with brains deals with you they might move you for free.
Oh yes, I was referring specifically to EK. BA moved me to an earlier flight once as it was delayed a bit, and there was potential for me missing my connection at LHR.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Not yet!

Originally Posted by thijsseh
There are reports of people being able to get award seats / upgrades on these new planes, but they indeed seem to be few and far between.
I suppose the desirability and the small number of seats available make EK believe they can sell them instead of releasing them for award travel. I have read a few reviews where people comment that F was not full, so I wonder how often there is 'on board - space available' upgrade availability.
Yes I've tried so far on four flights DXB-GVA-DXB to upgrade from Biz to First to try the new First...always full
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Tanzguy
Yes I've tried so far on four flights DXB-GVA-DXB to upgrade from Biz to First to try the new First...always full
ive paid for it both times I did that route and both times it was 100% full
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Thanks for all your info. Mine is a redemption ticket issued by Qantas FFP. Anyway I will just go to the check in counter to try my luck since I stay at the airport hotel. If I can change free to EK44, I will go back to my hotel & check out. It is worth the try because seats are not available for redemption, and that's why I choose FRA.

Because last time I manage to change to an earlier flight on EVA Air from HND to TSA from BR191 to BR189, by going to the check in counter when it opens. It was a redemption ticket issued by EVA Air.
I was on a EK F award seat and went to DXB check in desk and asked to be moved to an earlier flight that day to London and they basically said no. Changes are only as per ticket rules

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.