Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Hmmm - Any chance of some random DXB-DUB rotations with new F? I am seeing what looks like a 1-1-1 seatmap for an upcoming flight?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:33 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Dambus
Hmmm - Any chance of some random DXB-DUB rotations with new F? I am seeing what looks like a 1-1-1 seatmap for an upcoming flight?
Possibly. With the DXB runway closure, there may be some spare new B777s knocking around. I guess BRU & GVA are down to 1 per day?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
What dates is this for? I have a AMS-DXB booked which I would love to swap to DUB.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
What dates is this for? I have a AMS-DXB booked which I would love to swap to DUB.
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Possibly. With the DXB runway closure, there may be some spare new B777s knocking around. I guess BRU & GVA are down to 1 per day?
It looks like EQJ operated the EK163 DXB-DUB on April 15th.

I am flying on April 19th and the seat map shows 1-1-1 (actually it only show 5 seats, the middle seat in row 2 appears to be blocked).
onlysuites likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
If it's just for new F then surely BRU or even FRA are easier swaps?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:55 am

I had it on a DXB-DUB sector a few weeks ago, so yes new F is making some appearances on the DUB route. It's usually operating one rotation per week; if you look at seat maps the following seem to be the upcoming ones:
- EK163 and EK164 on April 19th
- EK163 and EK164 on April 26th
- EK163 and EK164 on May 2nd
- EK161 and EK162 on May 11th

I haven't flown EK long enough to determine how firm their plans are and how often they sub aircrafts, so cannot comment as to whether the above is reliable or subject to swaps.
Dambus and onlysuites like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
If it's just for new F then surely BRU or even FRA are easier swaps?
Better connections to DUB from my home airport.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by SponsorSFC
Our DXB-MLE flight at the end of August is showing new F as well.
Curious if any new F space on those routes will open up to points upgrade? Our MLE-DXB route with the 8 seat configuration had 1-2 seats available (even saw a couple 3 seat flights) on points. Once they switched to the new F all points availability on that route was wiped clean.

Had already upgraded my wife on our trip before the switch. Glad I did. Was hoping to upgrade at least my daughter as well. With the 8 seat config it seemed like a real possibility. Now not too sure any other space will open up.

Anyone have any DPs when/if new F seats open up on other routes?

TD
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by flying_pig
I had it on a DXB-DUB sector a few weeks ago, so yes new F is making some appearances on the DUB route. It's usually operating one rotation per week; if you look at seat maps the following seem to be the upcoming ones:
- EK163 and EK164 on April 19th
- EK163 and EK164 on April 26th
- EK163 and EK164 on May 2nd
- EK161 and EK162 on May 11th

I haven't flown EK long enough to determine how firm their plans are and how often they sub aircrafts, so cannot comment as to whether the above is reliable or subject to swaps.
Looks like AQP will operate EK163/164 today.

From flightradar24 it has flown between DXB and RUH, KWI, DUB, STN, BRU and GVA over the last week.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:15 am

Well. What do I do now?

I do on average 2 trips a year to some combination of PVG/SIN/HKG/SYD and usually manage to end up in F for at least 50% of the legs.

Not being able to move my seat from side to side (!) and not being able to set the temperature to ice-box (my preference) is going to be tough... The injustice.

^
Old May 3, 2019, 7:43 am

I had the pleasure of experiencing the new first class seat on the 777 recently and it was fantastic.
IMHO this is the best first class product in the market.
Too bad Europe-Dubai is too short (very very short) to fully enjoy the first class product.
Old May 3, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by agjil
I had the pleasure of experiencing the new first class seat on the 777 recently and it was fantastic.
IMHO this is the best first class product in the market.
Too bad Europe-Dubai is too short (very very short) to fully enjoy the first class product.
i want to fly to HND on it,;STN and GVA were quick!
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:39 am

Sorry to sound stupid, but where can you view the seat maps for specific flights - you used to be able find this on Expedia before putting in payment details - not not anymore. Thanks!
Old May 9, 2019, 6:01 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by russellrst
Sorry to sound stupid, but where can you view the seat maps for specific flights - you used to be able find this on Expedia before putting in payment details - not not anymore. Thanks!
ExpertFlyer is what most people use.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:34 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
ExpertFlyer is what most people use.
Yes, and the free EF subscription shows the seat maps (and nothing else). Up to a certain number of queries per month (day, week, not sure about that?).
So if you just want to look at the seat map for five or so options, this is a good way to do it.
And if you need more functionality, a PRO subscription is U$9.99 per month and can very easily be 'stop / started' as and when you need it. In spite of some inaccuracies every now and then (not as far as seat maps are concerned by the way), totally worth it in my book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.