Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
There definitely seems to be an issue with technical reliability on the new product IMO. Flew on A6-EQO (newest aircraft, 3 weeks old) and 2E has no functioning virtual windows!
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by Lkaroo
New F should be launched on an Asian route before the end of this month...
There hasn't been a press release but as it's now loaded in GDS, new F will be operating on HND route from 28 October... Great that it's finally on a long flight!
Metanoia and m3red like this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:27 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by tom139
There definitely seems to be an issue with technical reliability on the new product IMO. Flew on A6-EQO (newest aircraft, 3 weeks old) and 2E has no functioning virtual windows!
I would agree. we had no wifi. no heating or cooling working. seat which kept losing power and tv as well. not great!
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat

There hasn't been a press release but as it's now loaded in GDS, new F will be operating on HND route from 28 October... Great that it's finally on a long flight!
Finally. I'll take a detour and fly to HND instead of MNL!
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:14 pm

Slim pickings. Only see it on T/F to HND.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: EK Plat
Originally Posted by kaiotes
Slim pickings. Only see it on T/F to HND.
Not that I can see from EF. It will operate on every day when a 777-300ER is flying, it will not operate when the 777-200LR is flying which I assume will eventually be downgraded to two class once all the frames have bveen refitted.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:23 am

It’s not on HND-DXB on 29 October! Seems to have been a last minute aircraft change.

Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines
For those interested - great experience between Geneva and Dubai. Can't wait to try it again.

Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gillyd22

.....Just one problem - it goes to STN! Luckily I’m not returning from STN as there is only one lounge there that’s used by every airline known to man, including EK. Plus Priority Pass plus anyone who wants to pay!! So it is very, very busy. And the offerings fall somewhat short of the normal EK offerings. Plus, they nearly didn’t let me in, even though I was holding an onward J ticket! They said it was at capacity!!!!!
This lounge is god awful, the food is vile, seating dirty. Having been there twice I had decided that I would avoid in future, this backfired last week, arrived 1930, checked in 1940, fast track security was closed !
25minutes to get through security before the 1km shop enforced route march to the grubby little train into the manky remote terminal.

Usual chaotic late boarding and the into tranquil broken seat 2K.

next time back to LHR....
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:12 pm

Looks like after the VIE 777 announcement, Emirates has only updated the GDS with the new aircraft type though to mid-April 2019. Do we think the route will continue to get the 777 after that?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Is there anyone else out there who thinks that the “new” EK F is only going to be designated for specific routes and not going to be the actual across the board product? I don’t see them proactively advertising it as something that’s going to be an across the board change. Not to mention have we heard of any A380’s getting the product? If they aren’t putting it on the A380’s I think it’s safe to assume this is a special configuration for specific routes. Also if two people are traveling together, they would not want this arrangement. The current F product on the A380 is just perfect as far as I’m concerned.

I also find it interesting they started the product on routes that are probably the most paid F, with probably the most single passengers considering how much banking money there is and government money there is between Geneva and Brussels.

Just my two cents...
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Is there anyone else out there who thinks that the “new” EK F is only going to be designated for specific routes and not going to be the actual across the board product? I don’t see them proactively advertising it as something that’s going to be an across the board change. Not to mention have we heard of any A380’s getting the product? If they aren’t putting it on the A380’s I think it’s safe to assume this is a special configuration for specific routes. Also if two people are traveling together, they would not want this arrangement. The current F product on the A380 is just perfect as far as I’m concerned.

I also find it interesting they started the product on routes that are probably the most paid F, with probably the most single passengers considering how much banking money there is and government money there is between Geneva and Brussels.

Just my two cents...

Agreed if one looks at that market they're targeting one can easily understand. And yes their first and biz are just fine. I mean really.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:48 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Just my two cents...
You've asked this previously on this very thread. Please go back a few pages to see the reply from m3red.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You've asked this previously on this very thread. Please go back a few pages to see the reply from m3red.
It was more of a rhetorical question, and I’m just stating my opinion. The rollout of this “new” firstclass is so slow, and is totally not rushed, and is not crazily marketed by EK, that I am convinced it is not going to be fleetwide.

My opinion.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

It was more of a rhetorical question, and I’m just stating my opinion. The rollout of this “new” firstclass is so slow, and is totally not rushed, and is not crazily marketed by EK, that I am convinced it is not going to be fleetwide.

My opinion.
Yeah, I think pretty much everyone has reached that conclusion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.