Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:59 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
That’s not fair. I am also in the same boat as you, and it’s pretty disgraceful that they’re trying to gouge their most high paying customers. I need to be in Munich so I can’t go up to Frankfurt anyway. But I still feel duped.
Because you read something on a blog that wasn't correct?
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I know what you want to say. But it was not only the Blog, the seat map also showed the new first Class till one week ago. But sure, Emirates is free to change the Airplane anytime.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Kölner
I didn't ask. The moment the Emirates Sir said 400 Euro, I ended the call politely.
Personally I would pay the 400. Surely that's a small cost in comparison to the ticket price. Especially if booking it was just for the new F.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by dsched
Personally I would pay the 400. Surely that's a small cost in comparison to the ticket price. Especially if booking it was just for the new F.
There is still the change that the airplane in Frankfurt changes. Than it would really hurt. 😁
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:57 am

There is still the change that the airplane in Frankfurt changes. Than it would really hurt. 😁
That would add insult to injury 😂

I would still take the risk. If you want to try the F at a later date it will cost you 4k more, not 400.
Or plead with them to let you change to BRU.
Very annoying though.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:26 am

List of Airplanes and Routes with new First Class

I made a list so we know what Emirates Airplanes and Routes have the new Generation First Class at the moment (7th July 2018).

At the moment there are six Boeing 777 with new First Class:

A6-EQH
A6-EQI
A6-EQJ
A6-EQK
A6-EQL
A6-EQM

And six routes with new First Class:

EK33/34 (London-Stansted)
EK43/44 (Frankfurt)
EK83/84 (Genf)
EK89/90 (Genf)
EK181/182 (Brüssel)
Ek183/184 (Brüssel)
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I made a list so we know what Emirates Airplanes and Routes have the new Generation First Class at the moment (7th July 2018).

A6-EQH
A6-EQI
A6-EQJ
A6-EQK
A6-EQL
A6-EQM

EK43/44 (Frankfurt)
EK83/84 (Genf)
EK89/90 (Genf)
EK181/182 (Brüssel)
Ek183/184 (Brüssel)
For those who don't speak German and might be confused: Genf = Geneva
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
That would add insult to injury 😂

I would still take the risk. If you want to try the F at a later date it will cost you 4k more, not 400.
Or plead with them to let you change to BRU.
Very annoying though.
No need to plead, just pay the change fee. In fact it might even be cheaper or the same fare, could also do GVA and get a short connecting flight if desperate
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
What are you talking about? 6 months ago all the seatmaps showed the new first class to/from MUC, it was posted on EVERY blog, and it was accepted by virtually everyone in every frequent flyer community including this one that their next destination with the new F was going to be MUC. It’s not like I got what I deserved, or I had it coming to me, or something? I’m not sure why the attitude towards me.

But that’s life. Things happen, but life still goes on. Still doesn’t change the fact I feel slightly duped. I’m not complaining about it, but it doesn’t changed the way I feel based on all the overwhelming evidence I pointed out above 6 months ago! It’s not like this was just some speculation. It’s unfortunate, but I don’t need some Flyertalk bully putting salt in the wound for no reason either because you’re jealous or have an ulterior motive. But attitude is not necessary.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:32 am

A6-EQH
A6-EQI
A6-EQJ
A6-EQK
A6-EQL
A6-EQM

EK43/44 (Frankfurt)
EK83/84 (Genf)
EK89/90 (Genf)
EK181/182 (Brüssel)
Ek183/184 (Brüssel)
What was the reasoning behind these routes? I'm genuinely curious. I would not (naively?) have thought they were all high profile routes.
Stansted always seemed to me the poorest LON Airport, but not used it in years because of easier from the other 2.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:04 am

What was the reasoning behind these routes? I'm genuinely curious. I would not (naively?) have thought they were all high profile routes.
Stansted always seemed to me the poorest LON Airport, but not used it in years because of easier from the other 2.
The new First Class has less seats, so I think Emirates uses it on routes, where they don't need so many First Class seats. And also on routes which just need on airplane, because they only have six airplanes for six routes.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:11 am

LHR and LGW are both all A380, so I guess a B777 would look like a downgrade. Also, having STN with the new F would be a selling point for the new service.
dsched likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:13 am

PS... There is already a thread for the new B777 F class.

777 New First Class
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Now you (and other premium pax) have a reason to try the new STN route. See?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I would think Geneva is obvious because of all the purchased F tickets from money launderers and bankers constantly coming and going. Brussels because of the EU there you have a ton of government money that will actually purchase F. The other two I’m sure have their own reasons too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.