Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49
It appears there is no rush to refit and certainly with the 380's as well
There is no programme to refit old 77Ws at all, unfortunately, at least that we know of, thus there are only a handful (6 or so..?) aircraft with the new F cabin, and the 10 77Ls are slowly being refitted with the new Y and J in 2-class config (2-2-2 in J), with ADL getting the new cabin soon. There is also no announced programme to refit the A380s. My suspicion is that there won't be a major refit programme, but rather that eventually (in another 2 years or so perhaps) we will see the oldest 77W cabins either being refurbished to the new config or those aircraft being phased out completely (this is perhaps the more likely outcome given current pilot shortages, load issues and the 77X programme with deliveries beginning in a few years in addition to the 787s coming in in a few years' time). It may thus be another 4-5 years until even a somewhat significant portion of the fleet (>25%) has the new cabins
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
There is no programme to refit old 77Ws at all, unfortunately, at least that we know of, thus there are only a handful (6 or so..?) aircraft with the new F cabin, and the 10 77Ls are slowly being refitted with the new Y and J in 2-class config (2-2-2 in J), with ADL getting the new cabin soon. There is also no announced programme to refit the A380s. My suspicion is that there won't be a major refit programme, but rather that eventually (in another 2 years or so perhaps) we will see the oldest 77W cabins either being refurbished to the new config or those aircraft being phased out completely (this is perhaps the more likely outcome given current pilot shortages, load issues and the 77X programme with deliveries beginning in a few years in addition to the 787s coming in in a few years' time). It may thus be another 4-5 years until even a somewhat significant portion of the fleet (>25%) has the new cabins
Thanks for the update and I tend to agree with you making more sense given the number of hours flown to wait till the new 77x and 787 arrives. I really like long haul on the 787 much more passenger friendly on air scrubbing.

Tavel safe
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Has anyone heard plans of them installing it on the A380? Also why aren’t they making a bigger advertising campaign about it if it’s going to be fleetwide. Look at UA and Polaris-not Polaris
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:01 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
We're going off topic a bit here, but a lot of stuff OMAAT posts is poorly interpreted and misrepresented, though somewhat correct, a lot of it is entirely correct, almost none of it is exclusive or first posted there. It's a great aggregator, and a website I read daily, but they don't have some sort of inside scoop for most of their stories (they do occasionally it appears), and virtually every "article" is a rip-off from another site, usually TPG (*vomit*) or VFTW. Add to this the constant repetition with the 4-paragraph intros recapping the article on the same topic written the day before and it makes for painful reading sometimes, I honestly don't know why I keep going back to read it, it annoys me but equally as I said, it's a great aggregator (like the FT homepage but that's got such a terrible interface I stopped using it)
Stockholm Syndrome. Same reason people make elite status with Hilton!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Has anyone heard plans of them installing it on the A380? Also why aren’t they making a bigger advertising campaign about it if it’s going to be fleetwide. Look at UA and Polaris-not Polaris
Yes - supposed to be 10 suites not 14. Time will tell though given the extreme cost and the cost cutting/pilot shortage at the moment.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
We're going off topic a bit here, but a lot of stuff OMAAT posts is poorly interpreted and misrepresented, though somewhat correct, a lot of it is entirely correct, almost none of it is exclusive or first posted there. It's a great aggregator, and a website I read daily, but they don't have some sort of inside scoop for most of their stories (they do occasionally it appears), and virtually every "article" is a rip-off from another site, usually TPG (*vomit*) or VFTW. Add to this the constant repetition with the 4-paragraph intros recapping the article on the same topic written the day before and it makes for painful reading sometimes, I honestly don't know why I keep going back to read it, it annoys me but equally as I said, it's a great aggregator (like the FT homepage but that's got such a terrible interface I stopped using it)
You should know better... you know very well that they are all just one big credit card selling machine...
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: EK Plat
New F should be launched on an Asian route before the end of this month...
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:23 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lkaroo
New F should be launched on an Asian route before the end of this month...
Let’s hope they don’t take it off one of the existing routes to do so, I’m booked for new F FRA-DXB in December!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:33 pm

Business Class Seating 777-300ER

Have these seats been upgraded on the entire fleet as the website leads one to believe ? Reason I am asking is deciding on Biz out of SEA versus 380 out of SFO

Thank you
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Have these seats been upgraded on the entire fleet as the website leads one to believe ? Reason I am asking is deciding on Biz out of SEA versus 380 out of SFO

Thank you
I believe only 4 of the 10 frames have been reconfigured. Looking at the last month, it seems that if a 77L operates the SEA flight it is a reconfigured frame with the exception of one day.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:25 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond

Thank you

Do you mean the 200LR?

Last edited by Zol; Oct 9, 2018 at 10:00 pm
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Zol
Do you mean the 200LR?
300ER at least thats what the schedule is showing.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:09 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
300ER at least thats what the schedule is showing.
Some of the 77W airframes have the newer J seats but still in a 2-3-2 configuration. Some of the 77L airframes have been operating the SEA route of late of which at least 4 have been retrofitted with the new J seats in a 2-2-2 cabin layout and removing the F cabin as mentioned up-thread.

S
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:04 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Strange that on a B77L First Class thread we've gone to talking about Business Class on a 77W
NWplatinum and gillyd22 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Strange that on a B77L First Class thread we've gone to talking about Business Class on a 77W
It's a 77W F thread, there's no new F on 77Ls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.