Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flame3601
Information on Load requests

The number of seats for sale for a flight are available via ExpertFlyer.com, a subscription-based service with a 5-day free trial. A subscription is $9.99/month and can be enabled and disabled any time. It is encouraged to subscribe rather than post repeatedly in this thread.

NB: Op-up changes or overselling of a flight cannot be determined with certainty from this information, only inferred to be more or less probable.

For a once-off load request please follow these guidelines:

Flight loads >7 days out are not very useful, as the airline could still sell many seats, unless availability of a specific fare bucket (e.g. Business Saver upgrade) is requested. If you wish to know the general flight load please don't post >7 days before departure.

When requesting a load please provide the following information:

- Date of flight (departure date)
- Flight Number
- Origin
- Destination

These four fields are mandatory in searching on ExpertFlyer (see screenshot below) and it isn't fair to except those who pay for their subscriptions to also have to go look up which cities a specific flight number is from and to (also some flight numbers are onward flights (5th freedom routes, e.g. CMB-MLE) and loads will differ significantly depending on which sector of the flight is checked.

Print Wikipost

Flight Load Check request

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:13 pm

Thanks Will08 for your kindness!

Can anyone advise if we should pay for seat selection based by the above booked load? Thanks
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:49 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Claresto

Can anyone advise if we should pay for seat selection based by the above booked load? Thanks
Hi ​​​​​​​Claresto and welcome to the EK Forum. You will find lots of useful advice on here so please stick around, have a read and join in with the threads and discussions.

Looking at those numbers, the flights in Y seem fairly busy although EK are still willing to sell some seats. I’m assuming it is two of you travelling (if not more) and possibly with no status so given those numbers and the importance of sitting together I would definitely consider paying for seats together. What does the seat map look like at the moment. This should be a good indicator although a lot of pax still wait till check in opens online before selecting seats but to have some sort of guarantee it would entirely be up to you.

Once again, welcome on board and hopefully you’ll stick around.

Safe & Happy Travels

​​​​​​​S
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:56 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

p.s. to my previous reply. Looking at seat map for EK27, a lot of pax have selected aisle/aisle seats with a lot of centre only seats available although there are pairs or more at the rear so I wouldn’t hesitate in ponying up on that flight as it currently stands.

S
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:58 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Current seat map for EK27 22/12/17
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:24 pm

Thanks Saltire74 for your warmth welcome and help!! . Yes indeed we are a party of 2 and didn't find the payment worth it.

But looks like there's no way to go about if we want to guarantee a seat together
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:57 pm

Another two class substitution on DXB-GLA. They're packing them in and it's not down to cheap fares from what I can see.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:04 am
Moderator, Emirates

Originally Posted by ft101
Another two class substitution on DXB-GLA. They're packing them in and it's not down to cheap fares from what I can see.
Noticed the two class myself. The EK Source doesn’t seem to want to play today to check and see how often it has been happening.

​​​​​​​S
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:10 am
Moderator, Emirates

Thanks Saltire74 for your warmth welcome and help!! . Yes indeed we are a party of 2 and didn't find the payment worth it.

But looks like there's no way to go about if we want to guarantee a seat together
Also take in to consideration that this is what the seat map looks like presently and there will be connecting flights coming from a whole host of other cities connecting to that flight with pax not selecting/paying for seats at the moment and some of them will have the benefit of being able to check in before you such as those coming from Australia.

S
Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:42 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
With a Y Seat map looking as full as that one, that flight will most likely be packed (in my experience). At OLCI. you may get a centre pair, but If you want anything better I would bite the bullet and pay for early seat selection.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Also take in to consideration that this is what the seat map looks like presently and there will be connecting flights coming from a whole host of other cities connecting to that flight with pax not selecting/paying for seats at the moment and some of them will have the benefit of being able to check in before you such as those coming from Australia.

S
You are so right on this! Since the flight is coming from Melbourne we would be left with not many seats. Now am hoping they will not be bussing a load of 500 plus paxs ugh

Thanks for the help!!
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
With a Y Seat map looking as full as that one, that flight will most likely be packed (in my experience). At OLCI. you may get a centre pair, but If you want anything better I would bite the bullet and pay for early seat selection.
Thanks thijsseh. We had paid for the peace and am looking forward to the flights than before. Price for peace...
Saltire74 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:43 am
Moderator, Emirates

You are so right on this! Since the flight is coming from Melbourne we would be left with not many seats. Now am hoping they will not be bussing a load of 500 plus paxs ugh

Thanks for the help!!
That seat map was for the flight from DXB-GLA which will possibly suffer more from connecting pax hence the advice to pay for seats. When I looked at the seat map for your flight from SIN there were still quite a lot of open seats but didn’t realise that the flight came from MEL first.

Have you paid for seats on both legs? Due to some technical issues with FT at present, I’ll post a screenshot of the current seatmap for your SIN-DXB flight in a separate post. Note that I haven’t managed to get the first few rows in the front Y cabin in the screenshot but these are either already selected or blocked by EK.

S
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:45 am
Moderator, Emirates

EK405 22/12/17 SIN-DXB

S
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Hello folks, if somebody has the time I would be very grateful if they could have a look at the below flight.
we are currently booked in economy flex. If oversold in economy iam hoping emirates maybe will send out an upgrade email.
25th December
EK372 DXB-BKK
0930-1840
many thanks
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:36 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
Hello folks, if somebody has the time I would be very grateful if they could have a look at the below flight.
we are currently booked in economy flex. If oversold in economy iam hoping emirates maybe will send out an upgrade email.
25th December
EK372 DXB-BKK
0930-1840
many thanks
EK 3720DXB
25/12/17 9:30BKK
25/12/17 18:40388
Daily
77% / 15mJ3 C3 I0 O0 P0 Y0 E0 R0 W0 M0 B0 U0K0 H0 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0

Looks pretty full to me, but in J as well, so they won’t look for ‘cheap’ upgrades
Anecdotally, upgrade emails are only sent if P>0 and that is certainly not the case!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.