Wiki Posts
Search

EK MBNA credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by manutd123
T&Cs:
You can claim the discount until your next year’s annual fee is due. If you choose to renew your fee, you will qualify for the discount again.
The flight can only be booked in the name of the primary credit card holder (“Primary Cardholder”) or a party that has the same family name of the Primary Cardholder

So, I can buy a ticket and my wife can enjoy the companion reward.

Then I can use the £150 discount towards my daughter's ticket, as it applies to family members also, as long as we have the same family surname.

Just looking at my BHX-DXB trip in August, the outbound is eligible/there is availability for upgrade with miles.

Problem is I need the 10k bonus miles in my account already so I can purchase the rest and upgrade, if only they could fast track it so I don't miss out.
Thats a clever move to beat the system as they would not have allowed you to combine the £150 discount with the companion reward otherwise.

Should you not be looking for saver award/ upgrade availability in both directions?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor

Should you not be looking for saver award/ upgrade availability in both directions?
You mean for my flight BHX-DXB return in August?

Yeah sure, but the only availability showing up is outbound, does it work out cheaper doing both directions or is it simply double?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Yeah sure, but the only availability showing up is outbound, does it work out cheaper doing both directions or is it simply double?
No, its just double of the 1 way miles.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:16 am

You mean for my flight BHX-DXB return in August?

My bad.I thought you were planning to buy a companion ticket on BHX DXB
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:05 am

Just a quick bump to this thread, so i've just completed my first month on my new credit cards. I'm already pretty close to the magic £15k for a companion ticket even on my normal spend, so that should come through for next month I imagine.

When do my miles earned in this last month on my cc show up?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:24 pm

Just a quick bump to this thread, so i've just completed my first month on my new credit cards. I'm already pretty close to the magic £15k for a companion ticket even on my normal spend, so that should come through for next month I imagine.

When do my miles earned in this last month on my cc show up?
I tend to get them around 12th of month - but occasionally a few days later
Old May 1, 2014, 3:57 am

No promo code on £150 off voucher email

Have you fulfilled the requirements for the voucher?. Ive been sent both the £150 voucher and the companion reward voucher without any issues .
Hi ukdoctor, I opened my account in October last year and have received the £150 voucher in March. A bit of a delay considering I started using the card immediately. But that wasn't a problem as I haven't bought any ticket between Oct-March anyway.

But now I am buying a return ticket and just realised an error in the email (!!!) Basically, all it says is:

"You have now qualified for £150 off your next flight as part of your Emirates Skywards Elite Credit Card Account benefits.

To book your First Class or Business Class flight, visit emirates.com/mbna-offer and pay using your card. Your quoted fare will automatically take into account the £150 saving.

We hope you take advantage of this exclusive offer and look forward to welcoming you on board soon. "

There isn't a promotional code attached to the email. I followed what the email says, following the links, registering with my email address, and paying using my Elite cc, but basically the quoted fare is just the normal fare, without the £150 discount.

I've spent hours on the phone 2x with the Skywards team and they said that normally on the email, there is a promotional code that I need to put when making my booking online. So they are "investigating" this with MBNA etc. and will contact me once they have the code. This is so annoying as I'm flying in 3 weeks' time.

Did you receive a promo code with the email? Has anyone else on this forum tried using the £150 off promo? Was it successful? Did you run into problems too?

Thanks guys...
Old May 1, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Not a direct response to your specific questions (hopefully others will help out on that) but as a more general point re the £150 discount ....have you established whether the discount can be applied to the 'featured fares' periodically offered by Emirates - the current batch of which expires today, May 1st, I believe

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the MBNA offer could not be used in conjunction with any other promotion, but I'm not sure whether featured fares are considered as a 'promotion' or not - if they are, it might be worth forgetting about the £150 discount and instead taking advantage of the lowest available 'featured fare' in J or F.
Old May 1, 2014, 5:29 am

I can confirm that I got the £ 150 discount.There was no code . All I did not was to click through the link and the £150 discount was applied automatically prior to the payment section.

The discount seems to be specific for the cardholder and registered skywards number. . Did you by any chance book a ticket for someone else in the same booking. I was booking 2 tickets ( for myself and Mrs Ukdoctor ) and the discount was not shown ( as it was specific to me!)

I had to book separate tickets for myself and mrsukdoctor. My ticket through the link provided and mrsukdoctors ticket was via the normal ek website..
Old May 1, 2014, 8:50 am

I can confirm that I got the £ 150 discount.There was no code . All I did not was to click through the link and the £150 discount was applied automatically prior to the payment section.
The card is under my name and I'm buying tickets for myself (only me, no additional passenger). The email was sent to my gmail account and my Skywards account also uses the same email address, and when I made my booking I was signed in to my Skywards account! But still no discount, I've continued with the booking process until the very final step where if I clicked then the purchase was confirmed.

And no, I'm not booking one of the "featured" fare that ends today.

Just out of curiosity, Emirates states that the £150 discount is for business and first class tickets, does it matter if it's a Flex/Saver ticket? I'm just thinking of reasons why the link/discount didn't work for me.
Old May 1, 2014, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by LavanyaLea
The card is under my name and I'm buying tickets for myself (only me, no additional passenger). The email was sent to my gmail account and my Skywards account also uses the same email address, and when I made my booking I was signed in to my Skywards account! But still no discount, I've continued with the booking process until the very final step where if I clicked then the purchase was confirmed.

And no, I'm not booking one of the "featured" fare that ends today.

Just out of curiosity, Emirates states that the £150 discount is for business and first class tickets, does it matter if it's a Flex/Saver ticket? I'm just thinking of reasons why the link/discount didn't work for me.
Did you reach the payment page? You mentioned that you reached the final page where if you clicked the purchase will be complete.

my last ticket that I just flew on ( on which I got the discount) was J flex out and J saver in. i.e a FLEX/SAVER combo.

Just to check , I clicked on the link that they had sent me it was along the lines of emirates ... mbna offer.

Were you definitely booking a ticket for a flight from the UK???
Old May 1, 2014, 9:22 am

Did you reach the payment page? You mentioned that you reached the final page where if you clicked the purchase will be complete.

my last ticket that I just flew on ( on which I got the discount) was J flex out and J saver in. i.e a FLEX/SAVER combo.

Just to check , I clicked on the link that they had sent me it was along the lines of emirates ... mbna offer.

Were you definitely booking a ticket for a flight from the UK???
Yes the flight is from Manchester-Dubai-Jakarta. My tickets are also a Saver (outbound)/Flex (return) combo.

I reached the payment page, so I've put all my personal details, then the next page is where I put my card details and I used the Amex MBNA Elite cc to pay, then I got up to the last page where you review everything and the price is still the same, not discounted.

The link is emirates.com/mbna-offer and when I click it, it went through a couple of secured pages before finally opening the standard Emirates booking page. So it looks as if it was processing the offer...

I don't know what's wrong then. Maybe try a PC/Internet Explorer???
Old May 1, 2014, 10:23 am

Yes the flight is from Manchester-Dubai-Jakarta. My tickets are also a Saver (outbound)/Flex (return) combo.

I reached the payment page, so I've put all my personal details, then the next page is where I put my card details and I used the Amex MBNA Elite cc to pay, then I got up to the last page where you review everything and the price is still the same, not discounted.

The link is emirates.com/mbna-offer and when I click it, it went through a couple of secured pages before finally opening the standard Emirates booking page. So it looks as if it was processing the offer...

I don't know what's wrong then. Maybe try a PC/Internet Explorer???
Try Google chrome on a PC.
Old May 1, 2014, 2:11 pm

It worked!!

Try Google chrome on a PC.
Installed google chrome (on Mac). When I clicked the link, it opened in a new tab and went through several different secured addresses... each address seemed to stay a wee bit longer than when I used Safari/Firefox, so I could see that one of the addresses says "promo code=..." and I quickly wrote it down.

On the booking page, at the bottom of page 1, there's a space to enter the special promo code, and when you click submit then it asked for your email address. I put those info in and voila! Got the special reduced rate
Old May 1, 2014, 3:36 pm

Installed google chrome (on Mac). When I clicked the link, it opened in a new tab and went through several different secured addresses... each address seemed to stay a wee bit longer than when I used Safari/Firefox, so I could see that one of the addresses says "promo code=..." and I quickly wrote it down.

On the booking page, at the bottom of page 1, there's a space to enter the special promo code, and when you click submit then it asked for your email address. I put those info in and voila! Got the special reduced rate
I tried to check if the link they sent me was still working . Obviously I knew that I wouldn't get another £150 discount but it wasn't even loading the first page .

Couldn't even open the T &C link from the email they sent me.

Its been a few months but I'm fairly certain that I didn't have to enter any code. There was something in the email which said it was automatic..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.