Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK MBNA credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Loyalty Club
Thanks both, I'll now put in a missing MBNA miles claim via the Emirates site as neither mine or my wife's miles have come through yet after our statements cutting off on the 15th March and 18th March respectively. For the past year they've always credited within a week of the cut off date each month.
There's been a couple of times where there's has been a delay. But they've always appeared in the end in my experience.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, IC Platinum RA, Emirates Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There's been a couple of times where there's has been a delay. But they've always appeared in the end in my experience.
You're right DYKWIA, as good news the miles successfully credited today in both our memberships! Thanks, LC
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:52 am

I'm just trying to use the £150 discount for a flight for me and the missus. However, it will only let me choose 1 passenger from the drop down.

Can this voucher only be used for single bookings (ie, for one person), or is it another bit of EK IT hell?

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Am pretty sure it's just ONE return ticket, once a year, for however long you hold the card (and subject to all sorts of T&C's of course ....as you won't be surprised .....)
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
I'm just trying to use the £150 discount for a flight for me and the missus. However, it will only let me choose 1 passenger from the drop down.

Can this voucher only be used for single bookings (ie, for one person), or is it another bit of EK IT hell?

Thanks
how did you get your voucher?
ive been trying to get mine for the last 10 months and no one at EK or MBNA will give me a straight answer
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
ive been trying to get mine for the last 10 months and no one at EK or MBNA will give me a straight answer
In theory, the code is sent, unsolicited, by email once you have qualified for the discount.

BUT .... if that doesn't happen (or you somehow delete or 'lose' the email) then it can become really hard work. You just have to plug away.

When I wanted to get mine last year, I had MBNA telling me to contact EK, and vice-versa. Some serious buck-passing

With my patience wearing thin, I insisted on speaking to an EK supervisor at DXB who accepted my er ....'invitation' to take ownership of the issue. He got back to me, as promised, within around three days (still too long, I thought, for such a simple query) and supplied the necessary code.

IIRC, the 'unique' code was something incredibly basic (maybe UK150 ..?) ; but after all the hassle, I couldn't make use of it anyway at the time because the flights I was booking originated outside the UK, and the code is valid only for UK departure points, and not just any F or J bookings.

Be aware also that there might be other fare promos around at the time which may well prove preferable to using the code which only works with certain fare buckets.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
Am pretty sure it's just ONE return ticket, once a year, for however long you hold the card (and subject to all sorts of T&C's of course ....as you won't be surprised .....)
Yes - it's one return ticket. I just want to apply it to a booking that has 2 passengers. So £150 off the total price of 2 tickets.

I could make 2 bookings... but no doubt the price would go up after I'd done the first
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:33 am

PM'd you
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:17 am

How good are MBNA in crediting the 4 points per £ on the elite card for Emirates bookings?

I made a fairly hefty purchase earlier this month, and it's showing on my statement as :-

HTTP://W 762195911610- LONDON

I'm not filled with confidence that it will be picked up

Is this how EK purchases normally show?

Cheers
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:05 am

Hi there DYKWIA, don't know (without tracking back) whether that sort of code appeared in my statement ..... but I can say that any bookings made directly with EK (ie through their own UK site) when using my Elite card have yielded the correct x4 miles. You should be okay.

(don't see any wriggle room for them in T&C's, so even if you find yourself having to chase, you will definitely get them).
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:06 am

How good are MBNA in crediting the 4 points per £ on the elite card for Emirates bookings?

I made a fairly hefty purchase earlier this month, and it's showing on my statement as :-

Cheers
MBNA's systems are better than EKs - on your EK statement it will appear as:
"Credit Card (America [sic] Express Fee bonus Miles - Emirates spend)"
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:27 am

Cheers
when you say fairly hefty??
the biggest transaction ive put through for EK flights was £12k and it credited correctly as X4 miles / £ without any problems
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:30 am

when you say fairly hefty??
the biggest transaction ive put through for EK flights was £12k and it credited correctly as X4 miles / £ without any problems
£3.5K - that's hefty for me
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:44 am

£3.5K - that's hefty for me
would be for me too if this was coming out of my pocket, luckily it was a group booking that everyone was paying me back for but i offered to make the booking so that i could get the extra miles myself :-)
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:51 am

48K miles (and before you've actually boarded the aircraft ..!) - that's a nice juicy credit to your Skywards a/c .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.