Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK MBNA credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Only at UK airports though.
thats very rubbish!!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by marconess
Cash. Terms state "purchase".
Having had a quick look at the T&C...

"The card member must purchase an Emirates Skywards Flex Fare in Economy or Business Class at the same time when availing this offer"

As you say it does state "purchase" but it also says "Skywards"
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:39 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by biggee77
I applied yesterday and got the card.. I did not go for Elite though as already Silver and could not justify the 150 spend.
I'll apply for the elite card as it gives 4 miles per £1 spent on Emirates.
I'm aware of the annual fee of £150. But they give you a voucher for £150 anyway for EK flights in J valid for 90 days.

So far Ive been using the amex spg and then converting to skywards. This is a much better deal as I usually pay for 8-10 J returns ex UK every year.^
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:42 am

I applied yesterday and got the card.. I did not go for Elite though as already Silver and could not justify the 150 spend.
Did you get an email from MBNA???. My card was approved immediately online and It showed my credit limit. However I forgot to save the details( application number etc) and cannot see any approval email in my inbox
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, KQ Gold
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Did you get an email from MBNA???. My card was approved immediately online and It showed my credit limit. However I forgot to save the details( application number etc) and cannot see any approval email in my inbox
I got the approval too online but no email. Now I want the card to come through like 'TOMORROW' I have a J flight that needs booking.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by sal77
I got the approval too online but no email. Now I want the card to come through like 'TOMORROW' I have a J flight that needs booking.
Same here. I have a J flight that I want to book for October. I've chosen the elite card. Hope I get it in the next week so that EK will send me the £150 voucher code in August. Then I can book my flights for Oct-Dec.

Its nice get quite a few miles before even flying!!!!.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Same here. I have a J flight that I want to book for October. I've chosen the elite card. Hope I get it in the next week so that EK will send me the £150 voucher code in August. Then I can book my flights for Oct-Dec.

Its nice get quite a few miles before even flying!!!!.
I should get a skywards card here in dubai but I haven't got round to it yet. It would actually be a pain to pay the bill (think with enbd I would have to physically take a cheque to a machine!). My current hsbc card has airmiles (useless) but easy to transfer online
Old Jun 27, 2013, 1:16 am

Programs: EK Silver
Approval email arrived this morning, but it refers to Card's as in more than 1. I'm not sure what that means
Old Jun 27, 2013, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Approval email arrived this morning, but it refers to Card's as in more than 1. I'm not sure what that means
there's a Visa and AMEx card they give you i think.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:25 am

Did you apply on the 24th or 25th

I applied on 25th Afternoon UK time and still no email
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, KQ Gold
Did you apply on the 24th or 25th

I applied on 25th Afternoon UK time and still no email
My email came through this morning too. I applied on the 24th.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
My email came through this morning but I've never specified which card I want (Visa or Amex). Do they really send both? Bit crazy.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by marconess
My email came through this morning but I've never specified which card I want (Visa or Amex). Do they really send both? Bit crazy.
I got my email a few hours ago. Though its a pain, 2 cards (visa and amex ) is sensible.
Till now the only option for me was an amex spg. There are several retailers that don't accept amex (but its getting better) .With these new cards you can use the visa card in these shops and therefore don't lose those miles.

Try to use the amex card as much as possible as it gives more miles.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:58 pm

As a user of the Lloyds TSB Amex/Mastercard Avios cards, this is fantastic. I can earn miles for an airline I fly yearly. I'm making the switch for all my spending, the only thing I will miss about the Avios cards is the BA companion ticket offer for spends of 15k+ per annum.

I applied for the Elite cards on the 24th Afternoon, received an acceptance email on Thursday AM with a credit limit and the pin numbers were received by snail mail Saturday AM. Looking forward to receiving the cards!

As ukdoctor says, many retailers accept AMEX, and if not, the alternate card is always on me so its no pain at all.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by fudleone
As a user of the Lloyds TSB Amex/Mastercard Avios cards, this is fantastic. I can earn miles for an airline I fly yearly. I'm making the switch for all my spending, the only thing I will miss about the Avios cards is the BA companion ticket offer for spends of 15k+ per annum.

I applied for the Elite cards on the 24th Afternoon, received an acceptance email on Thursday AM with a credit limit and the pin numbers were received by snail mail Saturday AM. Looking forward to receiving the cards!

As ukdoctor says, many retailers accept AMEX, and if not, the alternate card is always on me so its no pain at all.
But doesn't this EK card also give a free ticket if you spend over £15,000 a year???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.