Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What and where were you eating when you contracted food poisoning?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What and where were you eating when you contracted food poisoning?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
SOrry - dupe of one of dizzy's posts earlier which I missed ...re: they had determined it was norovirus in Indy at the Olive Garden.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Duhey2
That's it! This was back in '91. I can't believe the place still exists.
Well, it's been more than 5 years since I've been there, but the memories are too distinct.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Paella in Don Curro in Sao Paulo in April 2005. It tasted great! But I paid the price...
Old Dec 22, 2006, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA, USAir, UA
Made the mistake of eating at a Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) in Novato, CA one friday afternoon. Within 6 hours, I had the worst case of cramps with explosive vomiting and diarrhea. My usual Imodium (loperamide) wouldn't even touch this. Worse, I was camping out at a weekend historical fair that I had a sales booth at, so I spent most of the next 30 hours in a small trailer's closet size bathroom, while a female employee ran the business... When I finally appeared on Sunday, my gal took one look at me and told me to sleep it off in the back of the book because I "looked like death on a stick" and was "going to scare the customers away."
Old Dec 23, 2006, 2:46 am

Programs: Lots of different coloured cards
Pizza Hut in Bangkok, was in the toilet for 2 days after...

Restaurant Mecca in Helsinki, started feeling sick right after I had black risotto, was sick a few times and felt better... comped the whole meal, nice.

Old Town Restaurant in Baku, Azerbaidjan. Had dinner there, woke up at 3 am, violently ill, flight the next morning, was sick in check-in, immigration and the whole flight back to London. Sick again at Heathrow, and still sick when I got home that night! Suprised I ever made it! couldnt eat solid food for 3 days after!
Old Dec 23, 2006, 6:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Count Your Blessings
Back in my New Haven days got a bad case from Claire's.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 1:36 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Thank God, never have.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 1:05 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Hyatt Globalist
Last week I got really sick from eggs that I cooked myself. Was in the hospital for 2 nights for dehydration.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 1:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
God... I'll never forget the two times. First time was a "Pita Hawaii" eaten on a street full of people selling the same in Brusells, Belgium. The second time was in my own home after eating some Mango Salsa that my gradmother had given me. She bought it at Cosco and I no longer accept gifts from her.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 1:44 am

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
Desperately hungry , I picked up a filet- of fish sandwich at the mc Donalds in London around Totenham Court Rd and Oxford Circus - they were just closing for the night and the theater had just let out. I felt not quite right in the cab to the airport the next morning. the entire 12 hour flight from london to los Angeles in first class , not only did i not get to enjoy the award ticket, but I spent the entire flight in the first class bathroom with diarrhea and vomiting !!!!
i have not been to a mc donalds since ... and that was 19 years ago.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by anonplz
Thankfully, I've never had food poisoning - at least nothing as bad as some of the descriptions here. I'm careful about taste-testing food about which I'm uncertain. Also I note the color and aroma. Anything off, esp. meat, dairy or eggs, and no thanks.

Actually, no, I take it back - I did get sick in Marrakech drinking mint tea which was just lukewarm. I guess that happens to a lot of people, though. Wasn't THAT bad - mild fever, runs, but I was better in a day or two.
I have had food poisoning probably at least 6 or 7 times alcohol was never involved and the food tasted just fine.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 10:35 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Not me, but my husband: he ate clam chowder at the Waterfront Cafe in SF on Christmas Day (2 days ago now) and he still sick. We even had to cancel the trip we had planned for this week.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 11:40 am

Programs: US,HH
ugghh...In younger days I had a bad habit of swigging the milk right out of the jug. Went back to visit my mother and started guzzling the milk. It of course was spoiled and I was sick for 10-12 hours. It seemed to take days to get the taste out of my mouth.

Yes, my bad habit was broken
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Thousand Island Dressing at Little King in Omaha, NE circa 1993.

Oyster Soup at a foot massage parlor in Xiamen, China last year. What the &$#@ was I thinking? Flew to Hong Kong and went to the hospital there. I don't think I'll ever eat oysters again.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Club Med, Ixtapa (Mexico)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.