Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What and where were you eating when you contracted food poisoning?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What and where were you eating when you contracted food poisoning?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL, B6
Some microbrewery on West End Ave. in Nashville; a cheeseburger. Or maybe it was the beers. A nice weekend wedding in the Kentucky countryside it did not make.
Old May 15, 2008, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Gold; OnePass; SkyMiles
Chicken salad at Hampton Court Palace in England. Projectile barfing so bad that I felt I had to tip the maid at the Carlton Tower Hotel 20GBP!
Old May 18, 2008, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
It was either one of the breakfast bagel sandwiches from Einstein Bros. Bagels or the Teriyaki Chicken at the Online Cafe @ DTW that did me in during a mileage Run back in January 2007. I did not look like a pleasant traveler at the arrivals hall of Terminal 2 @ LAX when I finished that run.
Old May 23, 2008, 1:40 pm

Programs: Skyteam
I was 12 years old, eating spaghetti and meatballs at Big Boy's in Sandusky, OH... I did not eat spaghetti again until I was in college.

Last edited by skchin; May 23, 2008 at 1:55 pm
Old May 23, 2008, 6:56 pm

best friend ate some form of veggie sandwich in the cairo airport and came down with dysentery a couple days later when he was home. i consider that a form of food poisoning. he thinks it was suspect lettuce in the sandwich because he was super vigilant about food the entire trip and let his guard down once in the supposedly biologically friendly confines of the airport terminal. lost like 30 lbs in 2 weeks.
Old May 23, 2008, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, going for Gold this year
I've gotten stomach sick many times, but 2 times was sick for 4 days. Serious food poisoning.

Once I ate Baskin Robbins ice cream at a county fair. Was so bad I was in the hospital for 4 days! Doctors told me that the bacteria I had comes from when ice cream or dairy gets warm for too long. When they truck ice cream to a fair, if the refrigerated truck isn't working perfectly, ice cream can get warm, then freeze again when they put it in the freezer at the fair. So the ice cream is frozen when you eat it. Beware of ice cream that travels! Hospital bill was a few thousand $$!

Another time ate undercooked chicken on top of a salad, and couldn't leave my bathroom for 5 days. Immodium didn't make a dent. Almost lost my job cuz they didn't believe you could be sick for so long.
Old May 24, 2008, 1:23 am

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Prince Hotel in Bhuj Ghujarat, ice, warm beer and seafood a clear recipe for a disaster and it was!
Old May 25, 2008, 7:27 am
SWG

Namibian oysters = Norwalk virus.
Old May 27, 2008, 8:41 pm

Programs: Volaris, UA Nothing
Ate some cheese and spinach ravioles at Bottega on 4th or 5th ave in San Diego (in front of Horton plaza). Had a whole family dinner celebrating my birthday on a Friday. I had $236 tickets on AV from LAX to LIM and then to CUZ for the next day.

Spent the night returning the ravioles and then spent another 8 hours in the ER. Only 3 hours were for medical service; I spent 5 hours between being admitted, seeing a nurse, moving into the ER, moving from the ER, etc.
Old May 28, 2008, 6:59 pm

Programs: Welfare
From bacon wrapped hot dogs on the streets of Tijuana.
Old May 28, 2008, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Got salmonella on a street "quiosque" in Camboriu, Santa Catarina, Southern Brasil. VERY bad experience
Old May 29, 2008, 7:58 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Going way back, an Italian coldcuts sub at Palisades Amusement Park.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Hard Rock Cafe Manchester England

Had a pig sandwich at the hard rock. Couldnt leave the bathroom for the rest of the day.

Never again.

Last edited by dobba; Jun 5, 2008 at 7:01 am Reason: Correct a typo
Old Jun 9, 2008, 5:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Bad clams in Venice got me.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 2:27 am

Numerous chain restaurants & 1 roach coach in Tampa, FL. This doesn't bode well since I'm based in Tampa for the next few years

Last incident was Bennigans before it closed. Probably just as well that it closed, 'though it was nice to have an option of a place to have a sit-down meal after 10pm in this town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.