Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What and where were you eating when you contracted food poisoning?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What and where were you eating when you contracted food poisoning?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:01 pm

Buffet at Mandalay in Las Vegas. I didn't want to go to Las Vegas & I didn't want to eat at any buffet but went along. E-coli. Not fun.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:19 pm

I can't say for sure whether it was a prepackaged tuna sandwich (mayonnaise) at the train station or oysters on the half shell at dinner that were not served cold, but I woke up the next day sick and got progressively sicker. Too nauseous to make it from the bathroom room back to bed without lying down on the floor. Having to throw up into towels while lying on the floor. It continued for hours and made me postpone my flight home. My system has never been as good since. It happened in Glasgow. My B & B got me wonderful rehydration salts, like Pedialyte for adults but better. The product later turned out to cure hangovers as well! I wish I could buy some more. Now I travel with a mini-medical kit that includes a few each of dry Pedialyte packets, Cipro, Amoxicillin, Lomotil, etc.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Salsa, from Chili's.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 12:15 pm

Bangkok, Soi 8 at a little stall--unforgettable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.