Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 10 WORST pizza places in the USA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by mesadler
You mean feces' pizza buffet?

Errrr . . . did you really have to post this at lunchtime?!!
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ccflyer
I haven't lived in St. Louis for years, but when I did, I was partial to Talayna's Pizza and cheese garlic bread. The original location was near Washington U., and they had others on Manchester and at Westport.

I agree with earlier posters about Imo's. However, Talayna's and the earlier-mentioned Fortels in Affton always had among the best pizzas I have ever had.
Sadly, Talayna's left its WashU location during my Junior year there (1998/1999) after the WashU bought the building. The only one left is in Chesterfield.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Oxb
I can not speak from experience (no kids) but a friend of mine expressed his opinion that the nasty 89 cent frozen pizzas from the grocery store were better than anything from Chuck E. Cheese's.
Umm, well I wouldn't go that far. It's been 10 years or more, but I thought CEC product was no worse than Papa Johns or Little Caesars. It's best to stick with plain cheese, however. I don't think most chain shops do well with anything even slightly exotic.

The $.89 frozen - would that be Gino's? Kind of like tomato sauce on a matzo with a sprinkling of mozzarella? Not nice and shouldn't say Pizza anywhere on the label.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 2:29 pm
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by BamaVol
The $.89 frozen - would that be Gino's? Kind of like tomato sauce on a matzo with a sprinkling of mozzarella? Not nice and shouldn't say Pizza anywhere on the label.
True.

Maybe they should be called "pizza shaped objects" or "pizza imposters"
Old Nov 1, 2006, 5:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM,UA 1P,
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I would like to add the entire category of Take-n-Bake pizza's. The one near me in CA was Papa Murphy's, I think. The equivalent of a thawed frozen pizza. After the novelty of the first, I can't imagine paying take-out prices for such crap and then having to provide my own oven. And they don't even offer delivery.

I respectfully disagree, the Papa Murphys that i went to when I lived in CA was pretty good. With a pizza stone in your oven they cooked up really nice.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by tonerman
I respectfully disagree, the Papa Murphys that i went to when I lived in CA was pretty good. With a pizza stone in your oven they cooked up really nice.
Respect or not, if you don't agree with me, I'm taking my thread and going home.

It's been 8 years, I'm willing to believe they've improved. I still can't imagine it's as good as one someone else cooked.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:49 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ccflyer
I haven't lived in St. Louis for years, but when I did, I was partial to Talayna's Pizza and cheese garlic bread. The original location was near Washington U., and they had others on Manchester and at Westport.

I agree with earlier posters about Imo's. However, Talayna's and the earlier-mentioned Fortels in Affton always had among the best pizzas I have ever had.
Out of the ashes, in its place, has risen a kinda' cool coffee house: Kayak's....the whole place looks like the inside of a ski lodge, tall stone colums timber ceilings, fireplace---snowboards for light fixtures, etc.

Fortel's absolutely ROCKS!!!! Oh wait...that's off topic. This is the WORST pizza thread....sorry. Yep, in that case, IMO's is definitely banker.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 4:41 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Million Miler
Connie's Pizza in the Hyatt Regency in Chicago!!!

Too many of my friends and associates from other cities claim they don't like Chicago pizza. When asked where they have tried it, they ALL say Connie's at the Hyatt.

I recently tried it and it is horrible. They are an embarrassment to our fine city and an assault to pizza connoisseurs the world over!
Old Nov 2, 2006, 7:38 am

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
I forget the resturant, but, whoever cooked for the Radisson Midtown LA. The pizza was oily, had a horrible taste, and was smaller than a personal pan pizza. Don't ask me how I got stuck staying in that property, but, never again. Worst expirence I have ever had.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 9:22 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by aep
In Taipei, Pizza Hut commercials show some kind of deep-dish pizza filled with rice. I was on the treadmill at the gym the first time I saw one of these commercials and started guffawing, much to the consternation of the old ladies around me...
I may be Asian and do eat a lot of rice but that's two things that shouldn't be mixed together - rice and pizza
Old Nov 2, 2006, 9:40 am

My worst Pizza ever wasn't even in the USA. At a small place in Venice, Italy, I ordered a "4-cheese pizza". That was 4 cheeses, NO SAUCE! What I ordered was basically a quesadilla. Now I always remember when outside the US that pizza sauce is often considered an optional topping.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 10:24 am

Any pizza not made in NY sucks

On a bit more serious note, Bullwinkle's here in JNU sucks, so does a place where you take the pie to bake at home (??? Me being from New York... I just don't comprehend why would you want to take a ready pie to bake at home?)
Old Nov 2, 2006, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by m60521
Connie's Pizza in the Hyatt Regency in Chicago!!!

Too many of my friends and associates from other cities claim they don't like Chicago pizza. When asked where they have tried it, they ALL say Connie's at the Hyatt.

I recently tried it and it is horrible. They are an embarrassment to our fine city and an assault to pizza connoisseurs the world over!
Connie's anywhere is horrible. You see it all over Chicago in those sort of "reheat and serve it" places like building food courts. Connie's used to be OK when it was a real pizza place but the brand has been completely ruined by their heat and serve variety. Really, really, really bad.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 2:16 am

Programs: NWA-SE, PC, SPG, Hyatt, Amtrak, VIA, AC
Exclamation most any town in ... japan

poached egg and/or diced potatoes and/or mayonnaise and/or canned tuna and/or canned corn and/or dried fish shavings and/or teriyaki chicken and/or curry. to name a few "choices". and usually with tabasco sauce on the side.

and a 12" medium from dominos with crapola like that on it cost something like $25.

momma mia!
Old Nov 5, 2006, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by milepig
Connie's anywhere is horrible. You see it all over Chicago in those sort of "reheat and serve it" places like building food courts. Connie's used to be OK when it was a real pizza place but the brand has been completely ruined by their heat and serve variety. Really, really, really bad.
I like Connie's Pizza from the original South Side location. I agree that the dried out crap at the Hyatt is bad.

However the 10 worst pizza places in the USA are any 10 Domino's that you happen upon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.