The 10 WORST pizza places in the USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 10 WORST pizza places in the USA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 7:07 am

Programs: nobody
Little Caesar in Willowbrook IL. I have a bad case of food poisoning after eating their pizza. Never went back to any Little Caesar chain after that.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by tondoleo
Any pizza joint in Miami, Florida.

Tried andiamo's Brick Oven?

Otherwise, I agree.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Steph3n

Tried andiamo's Brick Oven?

Otherwise, I agree.
I have not. I will accept your recommendation and try it out over the next few months. Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:20 am
Suspended

10 worst? OK, pick out 10 random Cici's locations. awful
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: Aspiring AA Platinum
LAUSD: Los Angeles Unified School District pizza.

Cardboard, served in cardboard. Cheese with a skin-like texture. Sauce like ketchup, if ketchup was made with dried rotten tomatoes.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by hussmanne
LAUSD: Los Angeles Unified School District pizza.

Cardboard, served in cardboard. Cheese with a skin-like texture. Sauce like ketchup, if ketchup was made with dried rotten tomatoes.
Remembering NY Board of Ed pizza from the 1980s, and then imagining 25 years of budget cuts on top of that plus the general lack of taste in pizza here in California... well, I'm pretty horrified, and we may have a winner here.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.975 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Since it has been a couple years, let me once again nominate St. Louis style pizza. And yes I have had Dominos and Papa John and AA frozen microwaved pizza. All are vastly above the horror by the Arch. I haven't tried Cicis though and never will after reading this tread.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
The defunct Showbiz Pizza chain, now called Chuck E Cheese was pretty gross.

Perhaps some others can chime in to let me know if things improved when Chuck E Cheese took over the Showbiz Pizza Chain?

As a young kid, my parents hated the pizza at Showbiz so much, that they would allow me only to celebrate my birthday there under one condition: they would be able to bring in pizza from a local pizzeria there, but still purchase Showbiz's party pack [game tokens, soft drinks, party favors, and Showbiz's awful excuse for a birthday cake] Surprisingly, the local Showbiz looked the other way when my parents brought in the pizza, as the 'rents had paid for the other "goodies."

Perhaps the desire of earning tickets redeemable for prizes at Showbiz/Chuck E Cheese translated into my mileage hounding at a later age.

Coming in at a close 2nd in my book for awful pizza: Shakey's Pizza. Shakey's makes Cici's look gourmet. I'm shocked to see that Shakey's is still in business.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Max M
Coming in at a close 2nd in my book for awful pizza: Shakey's Pizza. Shakey's makes Cici's look gourmet. I'm shocked to see that Shakey's is still in business.
I used to think Shakey's was good. But, I didn't know they still exist and haven't seen one in decades.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
Shakey`s is a favorite for locals in Cebu.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by danBfree
I can't believe it took this many posts for somebody to bring up the abomination that is "St. Louis style" pizza. In addition to the provel cheese (in case the horrible taste wasn't enough, the cheese is a garish orange color, melts into runny goo, and sticks to your teeth), it also features crispy-cracker crust cut into little squares, and super-sugary tomato sauce ... ugh. The absolute worst.
Having lived in St Louis before escaping, I can explain why it took 21 posts for someone to nominate Imo's for this dubious honor. Pizza includes: crust, cheese, usually tomato sauce (for the garden variety american pizza).

This... food like substance... is sugary red sauce over a piece of cardboard, topped with something called provel, which is a similar color to cheese but does not really... umm... melt.. the way cheese does. It more, err... decomposes. Thus, Imos is not pizza. There is no such thing as St. Louis style pizza. It is not pizza.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:03 pm

Another vote for Domino's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.