Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2016, 12:42 pm

Loire valley:
Domaine des haut de loire : amazing place. 2 stars but better than some 3 stars in france.
Salmon is out of this world.

Chateau de pray : just ok for one michelin star.
The setting / room is original.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by CGRA
Even more true at nougatine for lunch
There are many "steal-destinations" in NYC at Lunch
Old Feb 22, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: points traveller
Originally Posted by offerendum
There are many "steal-destinations" in NYC at Lunch
i'm all ears...
Old Feb 22, 2016, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by diningdecadence
i'm all ears...
For example Ai Fiori (29 $ - 2 courses) or Bouley (55 $ - 5 courses)

Over all Lunch got more expensive over the last years
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by offerendum
For example Ai Fiori (29 $ - 2 courses) or Bouley (55 $ - 5 courses)

Over all Lunch got more expensive over the last years
I haven't been to Ai Fiori in some time - is their food overall still okay? The last couple of times my wife ate there, she was less than impressed.

Juni (1-star Michelin at 31st between 5th and 6th) has a great lunch, according to one of my coworkers. Been there for dinner and it is outstanding as well.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:05 pm

On a separate note: does anyone have opinions on the below Michelin-starred places in Tokyo? Going there next month and trying to get a good mixture of Japanese cuisine to try out, and I came up with these (I am doing Kyubey for sushi, which doesn't appears to be starred but have heard / read many good things about):

-Usuki fugu Yamadaya (3-star Michelin specializing in blowfish)
-Nodaiwa (1-star Michelin specializing in unagi)
-Fukamachi (1-star Michelin specializing in tempura)
Old Feb 23, 2016, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I haven't been to Ai Fiori in some time
My last visit was in 2012, so not really fresh
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:26 pm

Ate at Sushi Azabu (1 star) for dinner tonight. The fish quality is still excellent, but now that I am paying more attention to it, the rice was not as well-prepared as it could have been.

Also had their tamago - definitely gives Nakazawa's a run for its money; it may even be better.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, AC SE
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
On a separate note: does anyone have opinions on the below Michelin-starred places in Tokyo? Going there next month and trying to get a good mixture of Japanese cuisine to try out, and I came up with these (I am doing Kyubey for sushi, which doesn't appears to be starred but have heard / read many good things about):

-Usuki fugu Yamadaya (3-star Michelin specializing in blowfish)
-Nodaiwa (1-star Michelin specializing in unagi)
-Fukamachi (1-star Michelin specializing in tempura)
Nodaiwa is good. If you like eel, also put Anago Tamai on your list. Not M*, but still tasty nevertheless.

To echo others in this thread - Harwood Arms is fantastic. we went for the sunday roast and it was nicely done.

On this trip, also ate at Le Cinq - really really enjoyed it. The kouign amann they give at the end are out of this world. Also got to take some home

In Frankfurt, ate at Lafleur - some service missteps, but otherwise enjoyed the food and the meal.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: CX SL
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Good luck on El Celler - I'm on the waitlist for a week in May. If there is a secret way to get a table I'd love to know. I tried to pull some local strings - epic fail.
I managed to get a table at El Celler last month, thanks to Citi Prestige concierge (then ten group) by requesting a table a month before. They clearly mentionned that it was fully booked all year but they had a special relationship with the restaurant. Amazing dinner.

As for Tickets, got some last minute table. They release them online, just check frequently.

Both were fantastic experiences in their own different ways.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by maxlmn

I managed to get a table at El Celler last month, thanks to Citi Prestige concierge (then ten group) by requesting a table a month before. They clearly mentionned that it was fully booked all year but they had a special relationship with the restaurant. Amazing dinner.

As for Tickets, got some last minute table. They release them online, just check frequently.

In Barcelona now. I finally secured a lunch reservation for El Celler off the waitlist, but AMEX concierge wasn't very helpful. I didn't use Citi because there were no Spanish restaurants mentioned on the Prestige concierge website. How did you even know to use Citi? You just called and asked?

Still hoping for Tickets. From their website, sounds like I have to call from 4-6pm to see last min reservation has opened up. I didn't think website would update as well.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
In Barcelona now. I finally secured a lunch reservation for El Celler off the waitlist, but AMEX concierge wasn't very helpful. I didn't use Citi because there were no Spanish restaurants mentioned on the Prestige concierge website. How did you even know to use Citi? You just called and asked?
yes just sent an email and asked.

Still hoping for Tickets. From their website, sounds like I have to call from 4-6pm to see last min reservation has opened up. I didn't think website would update as well.
they also open some last minute availabilities on their website. might give it a go as well.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:14 am

Were you in Barcelona? Trying to figure out how I'm going to get to Girona if they decide to give me a table on very short notice. I think I can get there on the train, but getting back late at night might be a challenge. All predicated of course on getting a table, which may or may not happen.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Were you in Barcelona? Trying to figure out how I'm going to get to Girona if they decide to give me a table on very short notice. I think I can get there on the train, but getting back late at night might be a challenge. All predicated of course on getting a table, which may or may not happen.
Spent a night in Girona after the dinner, highly recommend the AS Palau dels Alemanys in the old city.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 2:32 am

Spent a night in Girona after the dinner, highly recommend the AS Palau dels Alemanys in the old city.
Thanks - this is handy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.