Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by MostlyUA
Lunch is always a better value for these heavy hitter big names.

Dinner w/wine will set you back significantly.
I have several restaurants planned for London - Gordon Ramsay (lunch), Dinner by Heston (lunch, maybe dinner), The Ledbury (dinner), Square (lunch).
Old May 31, 2016, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by sig05
I have several restaurants planned for London - Gordon Ramsay (lunch), Dinner by Heston (lunch, maybe dinner), The Ledbury (dinner), Square (lunch).
Will be very interested to hear your feedback on RGR and The Square
Old May 31, 2016, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Will be very interested to hear your feedback on RGR and The Square
Will be in Oct, but will have some detailed notes. I've heard great things about Square from friends that have visited.

We added Guy Savoy in Paris and La Pergola in Rome.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:46 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I see that Michelin is beginning DC restaurant inspections, potentially bringing starred-restaurants to join those of San Francisco, Chicago, and NYC.

I can think of at least 3 places I've eaten in DC which could get 1 star.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by sig05
Will be in Oct, but will have some detailed notes. I've heard great things about Square from friends that have visited.

We added Guy Savoy in Paris and La Pergola in Rome.
My issue with The Square had to do with utterly apathetic service. I tend to remember bad service long after I've forgotten what I ate.

La Pergola is great.

Originally Posted by exerda
I see that Michelin is beginning DC restaurant inspections, potentially bringing starred-restaurants to join those of San Francisco, Chicago, and NYC.

Komi? I go to DC periodically and have given up trying to get a reservation there.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:04 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Komi? I go to DC periodically and have given up trying to get a reservation there.
They're definitely atop the list of candidates in my book. It's been years since we ate there, but it was fantastic then and seems to have only improved. I didn't realize they were that hard to get into these days.

Silverman's restaurants, too, stand a decent shot in my book. The food and service both are impeccable, and for Rose's Luxury, the price is tough to beat. Hate having to show up 2+ hours before opening just to hope to get a seat at the latter, though... I'd almost rather they take reservations with a hefty deposit.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by exerda
Is Minibar by Jose Andres still up there, cuisine-wise?

Also, should mention that Pierre Gagnaire will be cooking at his Las Vegas restaurant Twist from June 21-25.
Old May 31, 2016, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev

Also, should mention that Pierre Gagnaire will be cooking at his Las Vegas restaurant Twist from June 21-25.
Great. We'll have caesar salad and a steak without french water without amuse bouche without pre desert. very poor place but relatively cheap. You get what you pay for.
Definitely not the same league than savoy and robuchon in vegas

Is Minibar by Jose Andres still up there, cuisine-wise?
In miami his restaurant at sls is a big joke.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 1, 2016 at 8:37 pm Reason: merge
Old May 31, 2016, 9:07 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CGRA
Great. We'll have caesar salad and a steak without french water without amuse bouche without pre desert. very poor place but relatively cheap. You get what you pay for.
Definitely not the same league than savoy and robuchon in vegas
The service at Joël Robuchon in Vegas wasn't good last time I was there. But if Guy Savoy is as good as Paris, it's probably the best in Vegas, imo.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Its a shame its impossible to plan in advance for a meal at Schwa. I'd really like to go, it seems right up my alley.
How far in advance are you looking to plan? Usually you can book a few weeks out without issue.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
S

Originally Posted by United747
The service at Joël Robuchon in Vegas wasn't good last time I was there. But if Guy Savoy is as good as Paris, it's probably the best in Vegas, imo.
I would rate GS as top strictly on a cuisine basis, I felt uncomfortable at JR and won't return. Twist suits my wants for the package of food, service and ambience the closest.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Birch & Barley in D.C. deserves a star IMO.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:33 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I would rate GS as top strictly on a cuisine basis, I felt uncomfortable at JR and won't return. Twist suits my wants for the package of food, service and ambience the closest.
I'll probably head to Vegas in late July/early August. I want to try L'Atelier. Might hit up Guy Savoy too. Anyone been to either recently?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by United747
I'll probably head to Vegas in late July/early August. I want to try L'Atelier. Might hit up Guy Savoy too. Anyone been to either recently?
You really can' go wrong with either, although GS is a must have more elevated experience.

One of my favorite food bloggers has illustrated reviews of both:

http://www.kevineats.com/2009/06/lat...s-vegas-nv.htm

http://www.kevineats.com/2009/06/res...s-vegas-nv.htm
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:56 am

Finally got a reservation at Restaurant Marianne in London. With only 14 covers that was a tough nut to crack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.