Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by kipper
I can't find the grilled cheese listed as available in the app. Perhaps it is limited to certain locations?
I've only seen it in certain Florida locations.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I've only seen it in certain Florida locations.
Is that recently? I haven't seen them in Oregon for several months now.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Is that recently? I haven't seen them in Oregon for several months now.
Yes.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Had a chile mocha frap this afternoon to try it and redeem the 30 bonus points after 2pm offer I had this weekend. Really good! Not too sweet but had flavor.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I will go back to Starbucks for the first time in months, since the devaluation. They sent me a free birthday coffee and I have until Wednesday to claim it. Probably a venti iced coffee at lunch.

I've been doing just fine at Dunkin.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
It looks like Starbucks has gotten a lot faster when it comes to giving bonuses. I just finished a Star Dash and got an email saying that I got the extra stars within a few minutes after the last transaction. I remember it taking at least a day or two last time I bothered with doing one.

(BTW the Star Dash I just did was 50/110/150 stars for visits 5/6/7 days in a row, respectively.)
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Just an observation, but one thing I do really like about the new program is that stars do not expire for about six months. With the old program you had about four to six weeks to use your reward, and I lost one or two that way.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:20 am

At first I disliked the new program, but then with all the huge bonuses I re-qualified for Gold in just a few weeks.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
At first I disliked the new program, but then with all the huge bonuses I re-qualified for Gold in just a few weeks.
I'm re-qualified through 11/18.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Just an observation, but one thing I do really like about the new program is that stars do not expire for about six months. With the old program you had about four to six weeks to use your reward, and I lost one or two that way.
Must be a recent version but you can also follow along your star dash. I recently completed a buy any breakfast sandwich 3 times within 8 days (I think) for 80 starts. Each time I purchased one it counted it down in the app which would be even more helpful for bigger challenges.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 5:37 pm

I was also really unsure on my feelings regarding the new program structure, but the mobile app has had a huge improvement. Being able to see offer progress in addition to finally being able to redeem awards for mobile orders has been great!
Old Dec 11, 2016, 10:50 pm

I'm sure it's in here, but I'm saying it again anyway...

Have there been complaints in here yet about having to pay with your sbux card? Awful to lose the credit when expensing.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by thelark

Have there been complaints in here yet about having to pay with your sbux card? Awful to lose the credit when expensing.
Not sure I understand your concern. Are you saying that your employer requires use a company credit card for a coffee purchase to be reimbursed?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum

As someone who's required to use the corporate credit card to get reimbursed, I'm not concerned. In fact, I'm fairly sure Starbucks for only myself would be hard to justify reimbursement for in the first place (but I haven't looked through their policies recently).
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:03 am

I suspect that there are at least a few in here that don't have to submit receipts for purchases under $25 to the finance department.

What I do is figure $5/day for caffeine and this number has not been questioned yet but that might be because it is considered an incidental expense. I can reload $10 or $25 at a time onto my card/mobile app and dispense as needed. I have yet to use Starbucks for a meal reimbursement but then I'd probably run into the receipt issue if I did that as their food options tend to be on the higher side for what you get.

Of course, given that I tend to avoid lunch or the client/host covers me, I do have more leeway in selecting a costlier dinner or using more of the per diem rate for little things such as this. I am far from the abusers that will order the most expensive thing on the menu just because they feel cheated if they "leave money on the table" by dining at the Texas Roadhouse instead of Ruth's Chris.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.