Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Just received an email that my stars from the packaged coffee bonus posted.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
They just sent me an email for another star dash June 17-19, 75/50 stars for 5/3 visits. This is concurrent with my other active dash that runs until June 20, 200/150 stars for 7/5 visits.

What's going on over in the House of Stars?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Is the new policy of birthday rewards only being valid for 3 days a new policy? I don't recall the old one. My reward expired 3 days after it was loaded. I enjoyed my delicious beverage. Thanks Starbucks!
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
They just sent me an email for another star dash June 17-19, 75/50 stars for 5/3 visits. This is concurrent with my other active dash that runs until June 20, 200/150 stars for 7/5 visits.

I received that same e-mail and it left me . I don't see myself going in multiple times in a day or splitting transactions since that activity annoyed me before this change so I'll pass on this. However, now that SBUX is on the X-app, I'll take those extra 2 M+ miles/$, I might indulge more than once or twice per week.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan

I received that as well. I doubt I'll participate, as I rarely go to Starbucks on the weekends, unless we are driving a long distance.
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Is the new policy of birthday rewards only being valid for 3 days a new policy? I don't recall the old one. My reward expired 3 days after it was loaded. I enjoyed my delicious beverage. Thanks Starbucks!
I noticed that too. When I remembered to use mine, I was disappointed to find that my only food choices were muffins and such.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kipper
I noticed that too. When I remembered to use mine, I was disappointed to find that my only food choices were muffins and such.
I actually wouldn't have noticed, but my Mom told me they are only valid for 3 days and her bday is the day before mine, so it made me check the app. It was kind of funny, I was ordering my drink and the cashier said "well want to make it a quad shot venti instead of a triple since it's free?" I said sure. Bring on the caffeine
Old Jun 18, 2016, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I actually wouldn't have noticed, but my Mom told me they are only valid for 3 days and her bday is the day before mine, so it made me check the app. It was kind of funny, I was ordering my drink and the cashier said "well want to make it a quad shot venti instead of a triple since it's free?" I said sure. Bring on the caffeine
I kept forgetting mine while I was out, so I made a special trip the evening that it expired. Of course, a new employee was working at the cash register, and didn't process it as a birthday reward at first.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Just got an email saying I'd get double stars all week.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Welp, including the Star Dash that I completed last night (5 visits after 2pm in 3 days = 125 stars), I'll have 600+ stars waiting to be redeemed. Not bad on just iced teas and toffeedoodle cookies.

Now that I'm feeling not too bad about this new system, it'll be due time for them to announced "saver rewards" that are inventory controlled and "anytime rewards" good for anytime for 2x the stars.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:58 pm

Just got a message in the app that July 4th is a double star day.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by scottpenderson
Just got a message in the app that July 4th is a double star day.
Me too.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What are they doing?!
  • July 4 - Double stars
  • July 4-10 - Star Dash, 5 visits after 2pm = 150 stars
  • July 4-10 - Buy 3 (for me - any frap, any breakwich, any iced tea lemonade) = 75 stars.

I mean... Ok, if you want me to take those stars for things I would do anyway...
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:58 am

I'm guessing Starbucks has received a lot of complaints about the program, as they are throwing bonus stars at people. At least once a week, I receive an email about bonus stars. Today, I received one to earn 60 bonus stars if I purchase a breakfast sandwich, or any FrappuccinoŽ Blended Beverage, or any TEAVANAŽ Tea.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by kipper
I'm guessing Starbucks has received a lot of complaints about the program, as they are throwing bonus stars at people. At least once a week, I receive an email about bonus stars. Today, I received one to earn 60 bonus stars if I purchase a breakfast sandwich, or any FrappuccinoŽ Blended Beverage, or any TEAVANAŽ Tea.
I got if I purchase any 2 lattes, 2 grilled cheese sandwhiches or any 2 frappucinos between JUL 12th and JUL 18th I get 60 stars. You had to choose which "challenge" in that email which you wanted to complete.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I got if I purchase any 2 lattes, 2 grilled cheese sandwhiches or any 2 frappucinos between JUL 12th and JUL 18th I get 60 stars. You had to choose which "challenge" in that email which you wanted to complete.
I still need to decide which I'll purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.