Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by tmiw
I got another "visit X times for Y bonus points" offer just now. 9 times/100 points or 13 times/150 points. Also, there's a 25% off a breakfast sandwich promo in the same email with a one time use code you're supposed to show the cashier. Not sure I want to bother this time around but maybe either'll come in handy for someone here.
Better than my offer. 13 times /100 points or 18 times / 150 points. Tells me I'm spending too much there recently.
Old May 9, 2016, 9:44 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I got another "visit X times for Y bonus points" offer just now. 9 times/100 points or 13 times/150 points. Also, there's a 25% off a breakfast sandwich promo in the same email with a one time use code you're supposed to show the cashier. Not sure I want to bother this time around but maybe either'll come in handy for someone here.
I got an email for 30 stars with one $5+ purchase.
Old May 10, 2016, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
7 visits, 150 stars here. Too bad the mini vanilla scones aren't .99 anymore.
Old May 10, 2016, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My email is 7 times/100 points or 9/150. Got the same breakfast one. I'll probably use the breakfast sandwich discount, assuming the Sbux in my office plaza actually has my favorite one in stock. Last week (?) I ordered it via mobile order and they came up to me and were like "we're out of that one, feel free to pick another one".
Old May 11, 2016, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
My email is 7 times/100 points or 9/150. Got the same breakfast one. I'll probably use the breakfast sandwich discount, assuming the Sbux in my office plaza actually has my favorite one in stock. Last week (?) I ordered it via mobile order and they came up to me and were like "we're out of that one, feel free to pick another one".
I haven't received an email with a new offer.
Old May 16, 2016, 12:53 pm

Just received a response that since my requal date was 11/17, and I met the automatic gold promo requirement, my requal date will be 11/18.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:58 pm

Received an offer via email today:

75 BONUS STARS
On 3 packaged coffee products.
Includes whole bean, ground and Starbucks VIA® Instant Beverage.
May 25 – June 5
Can redeem 3 times
Old May 25, 2016, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kipper
Received an offer via email today:
Huh... I get 50 stars for 2 packages (x3). Better for me since I don't like Sbux beans, but you have more earning potential.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Huh... I get 50 stars for 2 packages (x3). Better for me since I don't like Sbux beans, but you have more earning potential.
I have several codes from bags of coffee that I'd been saving to enter after my requal date. That was before the one purchase promo, so I'll start entering these. No purchase necessary for me.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:50 am

I just entered my first 2 codes. Only another 7 to go!
Old May 31, 2016, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Update: Just tried buying a GC at a Target Starbucks with my app (got an offer for 50 bonus stars for $15 spend). Cashier scanned my app, register bleeps in protest, and cashier says, "Oh, sorry, they just changed it so you can't use your app to buy gift cards."

There goes that gift (card) horse and it's mouth...
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:09 am

Update: Just tried buying a GC at a Target Starbucks with my app (got an offer for 50 bonus stars for $15 spend). Cashier scanned my app, register bleeps in protest, and cashier says, "Oh, sorry, they just changed it so you can't use your app to buy gift cards."

There goes that gift (card) horse and it's mouth...
I think the T&Cs now specifically say that.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Wasn't one of their big selling points of this year's changes that things would be easier and faster, since there would be no benefit to splitting up purchases into multiple transactions?

Well, my latest offer:

Offer valid 6/3/16–6/5/16. Make four (4) eligible transactions and collect one hundred (100) Bonus Stars. Make two (2) eligible transactions and collect fifty (50) Bonus Stars.
"Can you ring up the biscotto and coffee separately, please?"
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by swag
Wasn't one of their big selling points of this year's changes that things would be easier and faster, since there would be no benefit to splitting up purchases into multiple transactions?

Well, my latest offer:

"Can you ring up the biscotto and coffee separately, please?"
You might want to check the T&Cs of the offer and be sure that it doesn't say that there must be a minimum of X hours in between transactions.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by swag
I got the same offer.

While I was down under last week I picked up an Australian SBUX card that I plan on registering with the hotel address. FU SBUX. I'll have my US card for large dollar purchases and my kangaroo card for my drip coffee purchases. Since they use the spot rate there is really little to no conversion loss so long as you're not using the SBUX card as an FX trading venture.... though in Australia I did notice that in the USD equivalent many of the espresso drinks like lattes were ~20% cheaper than in the US simply because they haven't adjusted the local prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.