Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Oreto
I suspect that there are at least a few in here that don't have to submit receipts for purchases under $25 to the finance department.

What I do is figure $5/day for caffeine and this number has not been questioned yet but that might be because it is considered an incidental expense. I can reload $10 or $25 at a time onto my card/mobile app and dispense as needed. I have yet to use Starbucks for a meal reimbursement but then I'd probably run into the receipt issue if I did that as their food options tend to be on the higher side for what you get.

Of course, given that I tend to avoid lunch or the client/host covers me, I do have more leeway in selecting a costlier dinner or using more of the per diem rate for little things such as this. I am far from the abusers that will order the most expensive thing on the menu just because they feel cheated if they "leave money on the table" by dining at the Texas Roadhouse instead of Ruth's Chris.
If you turn in receipts, you can always just ask for a receipt.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thelark
I'm sure it's in here, but I'm saying it again anyway...

Have there been complaints in here yet about having to pay with your sbux card? Awful to lose the credit when expensing.
I just make sure to ask for a paper receipt when I order, then take a picture and upload it and mark it as a cash expense. Haven't had any issues my accounting group.

As a side note, SBUX finally sent me an offer I might complete. Order a spinach and egg white bfast wrap, a frap, and any mocha over the next week and get 150 bonus stars. They chose to include my fave bfast sandwich and fave beverage. So maybe....
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I just make sure to ask for a paper receipt when I order, then take a picture and upload it and mark it as a cash expense. Haven't had any issues my accounting group.

As a side note, SBUX finally sent me an offer I might complete. Order a spinach and egg white bfast wrap, a frap, and any mocha over the next week and get 150 bonus stars. They chose to include my fave bfast sandwich and fave beverage. So maybe....
My offer is a chocolate croissant, a bacon and gouda breakfast sandwich, and a Tevana tea. I usually order one of those and occasionally order another one, so I may try it.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Luckily, I fly under the radar so my small purchases aren't given much scrutiny. They haven't even questioned it being made on the MPX app. Of course, I wonder what would happen if I spent $30 and had to submit a receipt since loading onto a Starbucks card would not have the corporate card # on a given receipt transaction if I used the card. Maybe if I turn into one of those people that I hate that monopolize a barista's time by requesting complex transactions while there's a line, I could get it done.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Segments
Not sure I understand your concern. Are you saying that your employer requires use a company credit card for a coffee purchase to be reimbursed?
Per policy all charges are to be on the corporate card. For small purchases like that, receipts are not required, but we have to reconcile the balance with our statement.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 1:56 pm

Per policy all charges are to be on the corporate card. For small purchases like that, receipts are not required, but we have to reconcile the balance with our statement.
So figure out how much you'll spend at Starbucks on a trip, reload your card for exactly that amount, then use it.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Starbucks Cheer - 100 US locations for 10 days from 1 to 2 free drink

OK,

not sure if this is the proper forum (also thought about S.P.A.M.), but since there's a SBUX thread here, I'm posting here.

Starbucks Cheer is offering 100 US locations daily that will serve free tall espresso type beverage from 1 to 2 p.m.

Lucky for me it was in a city where I am currently, and (for me) walkable distance. Also free goodie samples ^

Sorry for late post, but you still have nine days (except Xmas day), next update 1 a.m. EDT.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:14 am

So figure out how much you'll spend at Starbucks on a trip, reload your card for exactly that amount, then use it.
Can't buy gift cards on the corp card. I'm just stuck not sbux earning points when traveling.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Can't buy gift cards on the corp card. I'm just stuck not sbux earning points when traveling.
Or not getting reimbursed. You do have a choice between the two.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Or not getting reimbursed. You do have a choice between the two.
well yeah, one is clearly more valuable than the other
Old Dec 26, 2016, 10:29 pm

I believe Starbucks have Concur integration.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by emmanuel_t
I believe Starbucks have Concur integration.
receipts aren't required for small purchases. The issue I have is that purchases must be on the corporate card.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:04 am

receipts aren't required for small purchases. The issue I have is that purchases must be on the corporate card.
That's both the good and bad of Starbuck's system. For example, this would not happen with Panera or Schlotzky's as their receipts have codes that can be used to load reward activity into one's account. However, Starbucks is more seamless but without as much flexibility (at least on mobile).
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Just received an email reminding me that I have stars which expire February 1st. Nice that they remind you especially since there have been so many dashes which encouraged a decision to buy rather than redeem (or hoarding for good redemption values in my case)
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:13 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Segments
Just received an email reminding me that I have stars which expire February 1st. Nice that they remind you especially since there have been so many dashes which encouraged a decision to buy rather than redeem (or hoarding for good redemption values in my case)
The app was alerting me for the same reason. Except I have none expiring next month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.