Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
For mine, if they're a menu challenge, it's usually 1 or 2 things I have bought often, and then the balance are things SBUX is pushing. Last week I had a pretty generous star dash, get 100 stars for making 2 purchases in the week, so I took advantage. The generosity of the star dashes seem to have an inverse correlation to how often I spend $$ there.
I see a lot for sandwiches or bakery items, most of which I don't buy.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by RustyC
Since they made the changes I'm running at maybe 2 free drinks a year. I guess I'm not a very reward-able customer in having a good number of visits but typically spending $2.50-3.00 per visit, basically as "rent" for staying there (venti size coffee for 9 months or shaken iced tea this time of year, no take-outs).

It's the same deal as with the legacy airlines and what they've done with RDMs, i.e. they've gutted it past the point where the program is an incentive that'll lead to any added business, or for loyalty. If someone like Caribou gets their act together and expands back into this area I'd try them, with or without a rewards program. If I determined the product or experience were better, I'd switch over.

In the meantime I'll take the 2 free drinks a year from Starbucks but it's not enough to change any behaviors.
I just received an email about Caribou Perks Points. I'm not sure if it is new, or if I ignored previous messages about it.

Join Caribou Perks Points
Perks Points is all NEW! Get 2 points for every dollar you spend and at 120 points, you can use them for a FREE any size beverage! Or use your points along the way to get other Perks via our App! Plus, after your first visit as a Perks Member, you'll earn your first Perk: a FREE drink of your choice, any size.
ENROLL NOW
Earn 2 points for every $1 spent
It's easy to join & earn.
Check in every time you visit with your phone number or the app and you'll earn 2 points per $1 spent. Download the Caribou Coffee app, join the program, and scan your app at the register. Points can be earned on all beverage, food, merchandise and bean purchases! Exclusions are gift card and online purchases. Sign up for emails & push messages so you can get our best offers & see your point balance.
Redeem points for the Perks you want
Choose how you use your points.
At 120 points, you can use the points toward a FREE any size drink! Or, redeem your points sooner for brewed coffee, upgrades, food, and more using the Caribou Coffee app.
Get a free birthday drink, any drink, any size!
Make your Birthday Sweet!
On your birthday, you'll get a FREE drink. Whatever you want, small, medium or large! Be sure to add some extra toppings for good measure.

Join NOW!
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
New summer game is up:

https://www.starbuckssummergame.com/

Scroll down and they've got a link for three AMOE plays per day- do the form two times- one for 'before 2:00pm' and one for 'after 2:00pm' to get all plays
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
New summer game is up:

Scroll down and they've got a link for three AMOE plays per day- do the form two times- one for 'before 2:00pm' and one for 'after 2:00pm' to get all plays
Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:50 am

New summer game is up:

Six plays and I've won 20 stars. The souvenirs are a little confusing as I don't think they serve a purpose.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
How do you access the mini game? I only see the boardwalk game but the rules say there is a separate mini game too...
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by javabytes
How do you access the mini game? I only see the boardwalk game but the rules say there is a separate mini game too...
The mini game is if you aren't a member, I believe.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:41 am

Winning stars is totally random and decided when you spin, not the card you select. I knew this was the case, but it was demonstrated today. I clicked on the spin for the the game board, then switched to my email, in a different tab. I deleted an email and saw that I'd received an email saying my bonus stars were on the way. I switched back to the board and had yet to pick a card.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by kipper
Winning stars is totally random and decided when you spin, not the card you select. I knew this was the case, but it was demonstrated today. I clicked on the spin for the the game board, then switched to my email, in a different tab. I deleted an email and saw that I'd received an email saying my bonus stars were on the way. I switched back to the board and had yet to pick a card.
Basically the same as the IHG promotion a year or two back from which my hand is still sore from writing 94 index cards. Makes sense as it’s the same company running it.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes

Basically the same as the IHG promotion a year or two back from which my hand is still sore from writing 94 index cards. Makes sense as it’s the same company running it.
I did find it humorous.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:05 am

I've now won 65 stars through the game. Odds that I can win enough for a reward before it ends?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I've now won 65 stars through the game. Odds that I can win enough for a reward before it ends?
I hit 125 stars from the AMOE over the weekend, so definitely 'yes'.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:25 pm

I hit 125 stars from the AMOE over the weekend, so definitely 'yes'.
Nice! I'm "stuck" at 65 stars.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Twinkle twinkle 130 stars, where's my free drink, there you are.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm confused, how do I get the free stars? I should have won 20. It says to check my email, but I have nothing from Starbucks. I have also checked the spam folder. Do they just appear automatically? Does Sbux send the email after the game is over?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.