Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:30 am

Claypot house

Had lunch at this place called Claypot House, Suntec City Basement, Singapore. Dishes include porridge, seafood claypot, beef hor fun and more.

Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:02 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Manhattan

-Cherry, berry and apple juice combo
-Perilla tea
-Iced tea, Southern US-style
-Bran flakes with milk
-Green olive hummus with a baguette and broccoli slaw (which is really just the stems)
-Avocado and cheddar tostada
-Peanut butter and honey
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:57 am
Suspended

Shared a lunch of homemade mackerel paste and homemade hummus with a bowl of fries and some pitta bread at the Ferry Boat Inn in Dittisham in Devon,UK.
Washed down with a couple of pints of Addlestone's Cloudy cider it made for a very snoozy afternoon.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Manhattan

-Cherry, berry and apple juice combo
-Perilla tea
-Iced tea, Southern US-style
-Bran flakes with milk
-Green olive hummus with a baguette and broccoli slaw (which is really just the stems)
-Avocado and cheddar tostada
-Peanut butter and honey
Lately I've been buying the broccoli slaw at the grocery store, adding salt, pepper, minced onion & bell pepper, mayo and lemon juice. It tastes pretty good and I've never been so regular in my life. Broccoli slaw is my colon's BFF.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today for dinner:

French lentils braised with sausage, cabbage, and other veggies. And a glass of vinho verde.

And a negroni while I was making it.

Would be nice to have some baguette as well.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:57 pm

For lunch:
fresh peaches just picked off a tree at the orchard, caprese salad on whole grain ciabatta roll
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:49 am

I love this dish. I sautéed onions, garlic, peppers and finely chopped mushrooms in olive oil until softened. Then I add cooked salmon, spring onions, peas, sweet corn, baby plum tomatoes and parsley. I season with a mix from Emeril Lagasse but any good seasoning mix will do. Then I add to cooked rice and always serve with garlic bread. Never fails and is great cold for lunch next day.

Old Aug 16, 2015, 9:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Traveling today:

- Breakfast: Everything bagel, cream cheese, smoked salmon, hard boiled eggs, cucumber and capers at the Hilton Sedona Resort
- Lunch: Gavlax Salmon with brioche toast points and salad at the Coppa Cafe in Flagstaff, AZ
- Dinner: Chicken and rice soup, salad, crackers and cheese and cookies at the LAX Board Room
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:34 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Lately I've been buying the broccoli slaw at the grocery store, adding salt, pepper, minced onion & bell pepper, mayo and lemon juice. It tastes pretty good and I've never been so regular in my life. Broccoli slaw is my colon's BFF.
Sounds like a good mix, save for the mayonnaise.

(By the way, Trader Joe's broccoli has a bit of false advertising on it; the graphic on the front shows both the flowerhead and stem, but the ingredients only include the stems.)
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Sounds like a good mix, save for the mayonnaise.

(By the way, Trader Joe's broccoli has a bit of false advertising on it; the graphic on the front shows both the flowerhead and stem, but the ingredients only include the stems.)
Minimal mayo, maybe 1/8 cup for the whole package. I'm not a big mayonaise fan, just looking for a little binder.

Mine is from Publix, store brand, but I don't think I've paid a lot of attention to the package. I'll look at the next one more closely, but I would imagine there's a surplus of broccoli stems out there.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:22 am

A simple Margherita. 9 minutes in the oven on a pizza stone.

Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Italian Beef

Pork Bun
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
Italian Beef

Pork Bun
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Now I'm hungry!!!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:20 am

Baked Hake with a Pancetta crumb.

Old Aug 23, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
I've ate far too much today! I've been lounge hopping for the past 7 hours at HKG - CX Wing F for champagne to start, then CX Pier F for breakfast. I had a lovely dim sum breakfast of har gau, siu mai, youtiao, noodles with beef tenderloin and pork dumplings with youtiao and hot soy milk. Stayed for a few more cocktails before parting with my folks who flew back to PER. I then headed down to the QF lounge to get my Aussie wine fix - a few glasses each of Penfolds Henty Chardonnay and Wolf Blass Grey Label Shiraz. Back to the CX Pier F for a three course lunch - prawn and glass noodle salad with hot and sour dressing for entree, barramundi with XO eggplant, lychee and beansprouts for main before finishing off with an absolutely delicious mango sticky rice with purple rice.

I now have CX645 to DOH to look forwards to before 10.5 hrs in Al Mourjan... Krug is food right? There's grapes in it!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.