Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Originally Posted by uk1
Thanks.

I knew what wifey would want after being noodled out after an extended trip in Singapore ... we got back this morning ... so although it looks pretty basic she woofed it all up. Cumberland sausages in a buttery onion potato mash with some beans in Yorkshire baskets and some HP sauce.

Ha, ha. Love it! I'd probably up the meatage with a couple more bangers.... (Black Farmer btw?).

Adey
Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:30 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by mradey
Ha, ha. Love it! I'd probably up the meatage with a couple more bangers.... (Black Farmer btw?).

Adey
Waitrose.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Off from my day job this week so I figured I'd cook enough today to make dinner for the rest of the week to take to my night job. I had a pack of leftover Italian sausages from a cookout I'd held so I mixed them with some marinara, a little jalapeno ketchup, pepper and garlic salt. Came out well:

Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:36 am
uk1
Suspended

Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:36 am
Suspended

Miso soup and rye toast smeared with caramelised red onion chutney.
Tickety-boo.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Found out there's a really good chicken and waffles joint near my work, had lunch and dinner out of this:

Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Found out there's a really good chicken and waffles joint near my work, had lunch and dinner out of this:
I had chicken and biscuits today for the first time. So good!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:53 pm
Suspended

What a lunch.
Big fat German sausages grilled outside on a barbecue with a ton of garlic potato salad,salad and garlic bread.
Washed down with Belgium beer and replete with cigars and a cheeky bottle of champagne to finish.
You have to love capitalism.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:16 pm

Met a classmate for lunch at Bleu Olive in Durham. We split a bottle of Pinot Grigio, an order of fried calamari and chocolate crepes and in between I also had a lamb burger with a seafood bisque as a side. Great lunch.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by CMK10
Met a classmate for lunch at Bleu Olive in Durham. We split a bottle of Pinot Grigio, an order of fried calamari and chocolate crepes and in between I also had a lamb burger with a seafood bisque as a side. Great lunch.
Either you are getting your money's worth out of your gym membership or you belong to the ever-expanding-waistline club. Son, you can flat out eat!
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:01 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Suprisingly good for a hotel buffet! Gravy clearly not canned but "home"made. Meal marred only by the fact that the milk was not ice cold. Never understand why restaurants can't get that right so often.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Either you are getting your money's worth out of your gym membership or you belong to the ever-expanding-waistline club. Son, you can flat out eat!
Thankfully I'm still young, I tend to fluctuate within a 15 pound range. Every so often I say "too much" and then eat far less and get back down to the low end of the spectrum. It does help that between my two jobs I walk a minimum of five miles a day.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
had a few friends for lunch. made vegetable and tofu Thai Red Curry, steamed basmati rice ans finely chopped cabbage salad, all home made !
uk1 come on down.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Made an omelette for breakfast with mushrooms and red onion and cheddar, and a slice of wheat toast with butter. And coffee.

Had a slice of pizza for lunch - mozzarella, salumi, and bell peppers.

Split s bunch of stuff with Mr. Gfunk for dinner - horiatiki salad, patatas bravas, flatbread with whipped goat cheese and red peppers, and skirt steak. Also a "gin and tonic de espaa" and a glass of Rioja.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:26 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by HMPS
uk1 come on down.
Back a few days after our extended Singapore stay .....

......... fo some non-noodled food ..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.