Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:53 am
uk1
Suspended

Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:30 am
uk1
Suspended

Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Had my GE appointment in Charlotte today so I stopped at this nice little sports bar called Draught for lunch.

Chicken caesar sandwich and sweet potato fries
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no way I could order a soft drink if I were confronted with that incredible tap.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MaxBuck
There is no way I could order a soft drink if I were confronted with that incredible tap.
It was difficult, but I'd gotten up at 6:45 to drive 150 miles and I still had to drive 150 miles back home
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by CMK10
It was difficult, but I'd gotten up at 6:45 to drive 150 miles and I still had to drive 150 miles back home
Should have spent the night.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Should have spent the night.
The usual mistresses stood in the way of that...work and school.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:12 am
uk1
Suspended

Wifey likes beans ...

Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Back on dry land - gone briefly, on a nice cruise - good food & all ...
On our way back from EWR and stopped by Edgewater, NJ at Mitsuwa Market Place's Japanese Food Court for dinner - tons of traffic on River Road - free view of the Manhattan skyline across the Hudson while enjoying another Bento style meal. It's out of the way coming from/to the airport but if you are in a car ...

Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:14 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Letitride3c
Back on dry land - gone briefly, on a nice cruise - good food & all ...
On our way back from EWR and stopped by Edgewater, NJ at Mitsuwa Market Place's Japanese Food Court for dinner - tons of traffic on River Road - free view of the Manhattan skyline across the Hudson while enjoying another Bento style meal. It's out of the way coming from/to the airport but if you are in a car ...

The building behind Mitsuwa is now a club, no?

I briefly lamented not having eaten there (when it was a restaurant), pre-Sandy, but then...there's good stuff already inside Mitsuwa.

The Trader Joe's just to the north makes it an even more productive - or spendy - visit.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
The building behind Mitsuwa is now a club, no? I briefly lamented not having eaten there (when it was a restaurant), pre-Sandy, but then...there's good stuff already inside Mitsuwa.
The Trader Joe's just to the north makes it an even more productive - or spendy - visit.
Is it ? I wouldn't know it - we're ready around 7 PM so maybe still early for the night owls, nothing going on in front of the building. Yeah, remember the high end waterfront dining - some 25 or 30 years ago, stuff inside at the food court were/are still pretty good - a popular hangout for everyone these days. A few years ago, there was a cafe & dessert place with sit-down service and a small restaurant, "slightly" upscaled but both are gone - reverting to no-frills cafeteria style. Prices, adjusted for inflation for decades, are actually cheap. DW loved the bakery but it seemed to be offering less these days. We each had a simple bowl of udon soup, it was excellent & the broth was tasty without excessive MSG. Wouldn't it be nice to get these at FL 330 on demand flying across as a hot snack.

Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:21 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Letitride3c
Is it ? I wouldn't know it - we're ready around 7 PM so maybe still early for the night owls, nothing going on in front of the building. Yeah, remember the high end waterfront dining - some 25 or 30 years ago, stuff inside at the food court were/are still pretty good - a popular hangout for everyone these days. A few years ago, there was a cafe & dessert place with sit-down service and a small restaurant, "slightly" upscaled but both are gone - reverting to no-frills cafeteria style. Prices, adjusted for inflation for decades, are actually cheap. DW loved the bakery but it seemed to be offering less these days. We each had a simple bowl of udon soup, it was excellent & the broth was tasty without excessive MSG. Wouldn't it be nice to get these at FL 330 on demand flying across as a hot snack.
I recall the Yaohan of yesteryear too...IMO it was much better ten years ago, or was it even before than? However, the boloniya bread at that bakery is good stuff!

Oh, and in keeping with the topic:

Manhattan

-Grapefruit juice
-Pork taco and kimchi bulgogi taco
-Carrots
-Honey-roasted peanut butter and grape jelly
-Roasted salted soybeans
-Avocado, feta and roasted garlic sandwich
-Oatmeal Squares cereal with milk
-Trail mix cookies

as for tomorrow (today, now), let's see how underwhelming the hot sauce expo will be (anyone interested in joining?)...
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:03 am
uk1
Suspended

Asparagus has started in England ... it is wonderful this year ...... and so it had to be salmon and Jersey potatos with some hollandaise. With some new eason English strawberries to follow. All with sauvignon.

Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
Originally Posted by uk1
Asparagus has started in England ... it is wonderful this year ...... and so it had to be salmon and Jersey potatos with some hollandaise. With some new eason English strawberries to follow.
How have you done your salmon? It looks lovely.

I agree re the asparagus. We had some last night and it was delicious. Shame it's such a short season.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:31 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cassie55
How have you done your salmon? It looks lovely.

I agree re the asparagus. We had some last night and it was delicious. Shame it's such a short season.
Hi C,

Very simple I'm afraid. You will think me a cheat. But honesty is my middle name. Ish!

They are put into a dish with a splash of Noily and a squeeze of lemon .. and covered in cling ... and into the microwave on medium until nudged forward a minute at a time until just under done. Rested for ten minutes until done and just warm to cool. I call it "summer fish temperature" for want of a better description.

Skin removed, and salmon broken into big pieces and into a bowl with chopped spring onion and some lemon mayonaise some sea salt and a hint of smoked paprika and even less cajun / piri piri type spice mix ... it is almost not there .. just the very slightest lifting hint ie you shouldn't be aware of it. Formed on the plate with a burger press.

I'm a bleedin' peasant ain't I?

I splashed out and bought two packs of asparagus. Carpe diem ... that's what I say.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.