Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Old May 1, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
More parsley in the tabbouleh or the MEs will exile you from their kitchens !
Old May 2, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Eastman, GA (Dorm)

Dinner (and Dessert)

Dijon-Herb Roasted Chicken with Veg (Heirloom Carrots, Brussels, Marble Potatoes and Onion) and Spring Pea Salad with Mint, Carrot, and Beet Greens and Simple Vin

Lemon Bar with Jack Niklaus Coffee+Donuts Ice Cream and Lemon Honey Drizzle
Old May 2, 2015, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by uk1
Today has been some Ras el Hanut chicken with presrved lemon and apricot with some tabbouleh and we've found some nice Picpoul de Pinet which we have made a forward investment .......

That chicken looks freaking amazing. Please reveal your methods!
Old May 3, 2015, 3:01 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by sky303
That chicken looks freaking amazing. Please reveal your methods!
Simple .... after you have marinaded the chicken I use an airfryer or to be more accurate two airfryers. So it could be tandoori if you wish or any other marinade ... piri piri or lemon ... or Ras el Hanout etc.

This is them being used for Crispy Peking Duck. An airfryer is one of the most useful items in my kitchens and would be very good for a small kitchen where apce is at a premium..

.... and how I veg them ....

Thanks to you both. I'm hoping to grab some salmon after finals so I can try out your recipe, uk1.
...... I meant to addd ..... if you do buy some asparagus as well .. if you want I'm happy to suggest a better simple way of dealing with asparagus that will make them sublime. Let me know.

Your cooking is looking really good ....you should be immensely proud of yourself ...I'd love to roll the clock forward and see what you'd be like in a decent kitchen ..

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 3, 2015 at 8:28 pm Reason: merge
Old May 3, 2015, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Eastman, GA (Dorm)

Dinner (and Dessert)

Dijon-Herb Roasted Chicken with Veg (Heirloom Carrots, Brussels, Marble Potatoes and Onion) and Spring Pea Salad with Mint, Carrot, and Beet Greens and Simple Vin

Lemon Bar with Jack Niklaus Coffee+Donuts Ice Cream and Lemon Honey Drizzle

This looks divine.
Old May 3, 2015, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by uk1
Simple .... after you have marinaded the chicken I use an airfryer or to be more accurate two airfryers. So it could be tandoori if you wish or any other marinade ... piri piri or lemon ... or Ras el Hanout etc.

This is them being used for Crispy Peking Duck. An airfryer is one of the most useful items in my kitchens and would be very good for a small kitchen where apce is at a premium..
Oh wow, very cool. Do you have a brand you recommend? Also do they produce a lot of smoke when cooking things like chicken and steak? Our smoke detectors are super sensitive.

Originally Posted by uk1
...... I meant to addd ..... if you do buy some asparagus as well .. if you want I'm happy to suggest a better simple way of dealing with asparagus that will make them sublime. Let me know.

Your cooking is looking really good ....you should be immensely proud of yourself ...I'd love to roll the clock forward and see what you'd be like in a decent kitchen ..
I'm all ears!

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
This looks divine.
Thanks very much!

Last edited by sky303; May 3, 2015 at 9:35 am
Old May 3, 2015, 1:47 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Lunch - Texas -
Old May 3, 2015, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
Lunch - Texas -
That brisket looks great! Hard to get good brisket in GA outside of ATL.
Old May 4, 2015, 3:36 am
uk1
Suspended

Oh wow, very cool. Do you have a brand you recommend? Also do they produce a lot of smoke when cooking things like chicken and steak? Our smoke detectors are super sensitive.

I'm all ears!

Thanks very much!
Philips Airfers ....

Some ideas on cooking asparagus and indeed a small number of other greenery that tends to have subtle flavours you wish to draw out and enhance. I use this method for cooking both asparagus and others and in particular bak choy. It transforms both.

The key concept here is caramelising the chlorophyll ie the green surface pigment and converting into sugars. This is the way.

Boil a cup or two of vegetable bouillon (or chicken ... it really doesn't matter) made from powder or cubes and reserve keeping it hot in a small saucepan.

Heat to a high temperature a frying pan preferably with a glass lid so you can see what is going on.

When the pan is very got put a slug of olive oil in and throw the asparagus in and constantly move the apsaragus around so you are essential frying it. With bak choy just leave it cut side down to caramelise the cut surface .... see picture.

Once caramalised throw some Noily if you have some or some white wine ... let it boil off and keep moving it all and then throw in some boullon and slam the lid shut to capture all the steam and not let it escape.

The veg will cook very quickly.

Have a couple of esspresso cups ready. Take tha apsaragus out and put it onto a warmed plate. To the pan add a nob of butter and a table spoon of cream neither is essential and mix and pour it into the cup for a delightful and very upmarket amuse bouche or indeed sauce for the asparagus.

This gives an idea.

Good luck. Ask any questions.

Old May 4, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Hi
Slightly different version.
Heat up balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, sweet chilly sauce and throw in the asparagus making sure each one is in contact with the pan. Flip them best you can with a spatula, tongs etc.

No more than three / four minutes ( or soften to taste). Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy.
You can do this in the microwave too. Add butter if your doctor and / or wife allows.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by HMPS
Hi
Slightly different version.
Heat up balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, sweet chilly sauce and throw in the asparagus making sure each one is in contact with the pan. Flip them best you can with a spatula, tongs etc.
I do exactly this with slices of leftover roast beef and sliced onion. Great way to refresh the leftovers.
Old May 4, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Platter of fried lobster tail & jumbo shrimps, choice of fries or rice, add a side of garden salad & soda. ^
road trip over the weekend @ Plymouth, MA - traffic toward Cape Cod was okay.
Old May 4, 2015, 10:46 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Chicken grapow for lunch from a place near my office. Lots of spice, lots of basil. Nom nom nom!
Old May 4, 2015, 11:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Who knew pictures of food could get one into so much trouble.
Old May 5, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K

Meal: dinner (late night)

Contents: meat loaf and mashed potatoes - comfort food for a night shift

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.