Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Sloop Brewing Company Juice Bomb IPA
Old May 1, 2019, 6:00 pm

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
Odd how my taste in beer continually changes. I had thought that by this time in my life I'd have settled on a standard brew.

Last year I was mildly hooked on Molson Canadian. I really liked it. My beer-snob friends thought I was nuts, but it was my choice, not theirs. This year, it's not agreeing with my taste buds. So I switched to Stella Artois. Currently, that's in my beer fridge, and currently in my glass.

Some old standards are still good for me. Blue Moon (with two orange slices), Grolsch (if I'm in the mood for a heavier beer), and Sapporo are still favorites that have not faded yet. But the rest go in and out of my favor.

One beer I have serious trouble acquiring that I really do love is the Scottish Tennents beer. I wish I could easily find six packs of this beer. For my palate, it's the top rung.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by Duke787
Sloop Brewing Company Juice Bomb IPA
Same! Sloop Juice Bomb is the best! Apparently it's even better on tap so I need to try that soon, I live not far from the source but it's hard to pass up the fact it's cheaper at Trader Joe's.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by RobbieRunner

Last year I was mildly hooked on Molson Canadian.
It was my beer of choice back in 1977-1979 or so. I tried it again a couple years ago and was disappointed. I felt like someone had tampered with the formula. I used to get a taste of Welch's grape juice and that was totally absent now.
RobbieRunner likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
It was my beer of choice back in 1977-1979 or so. I tried it again a couple years ago and was disappointed. I felt like someone had tampered with the formula. I used to get a taste of Welch's grape juice and that was totally absent now.
You know what, sir? You nailed it! My feelings EXACTLY. I used to love Molson Canadian (mostly in the 80s to be honest) and lately I have realized that it's lacking something, and indeed, it's a Welch's grape juice kind of flavor. It's now a bit "harsh" on the palate. Used to be very smooth. I thought I still liked it last year, but that quickly faded. It's just NOT the same beer that it used to be - IMO of course.

I am currently drinking (this very minute) a glass of Stella. I like it but it's not "quite" there for my taste. How I WISH I could find a store that sold the Scottish "Tennents" beer. That's my favorite by far. I will probably migrate back to Grolsch and/or Sapporo. Sapporo is my favorite for pairing with Sushi because it's just clean and has a crisp finish that goes well with Sushi.

In 1977 - 79 my beer of choice was Labatt's Blue. And lately I find that a bit flat as well. I guess they don't have the same formula brewing that they did in the late 70s.

Last edited by RobbieRunner; May 2, 2019 at 4:49 pm
Old May 2, 2019, 5:32 pm

Currently just poured a glass of Peroni. Nice. Now I wish I had a plate of home made pasta.
Old May 3, 2019, 7:42 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Aslin is doing 3 bottle releases this weekend; we got Luling, a barrel aged stout, yesterday when they did a surprise unannounced early release. It drinks like brownie batter: thick, viscous, and choclately, with a coconut finish. Looking forward to the other 2 barrel aged stouts tomorrow, although I'm not looking forward to the line...
Old May 3, 2019, 8:57 pm

"Drinks like brownie batter" ... well that's definitely something that makes it onto the Want list!!
Old May 5, 2019, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Had me some Blue Buck Lager
Old May 6, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I can say with full confidence that I was the only person to notice this in the theater--dare I say all of Colorado since it was released. The first part of the sentence is especially true since it was a 10am Sunday matinee.

BamaVol likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Made the trek to Treehouse and thankfully they had the draft line open and it was short.

My two pours:

Super Typhoon NEIPA (pretty good)
King Julius (killer -- will be my beer of the year no question)

Only regret is not getting two King Julius.

Also snagged a bunch of cans that will hopefully survive the trip home including: Haze, Green, BBBright with Citra, Treat, and a couple other one-offs
exerda likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 8:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Kirin.
Old May 12, 2019, 3:23 pm

Aloha!

Been enjoying Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy lately. Over Ice. Mixing in some Sapporo and Stella Artois.

Today I made my typical Sunday Pasta spread. Sat down with a Sapporo. Not really a good mix to my taste. Love Sapporo with Sushi, but It's a bit harsh on my palate with pasta.
Switched back to Summer Shandy and surprisingly, I liked that taste combination with Pasta.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

A Hui Hou;
-Robbie
Old May 12, 2019, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Water spiked with beer

aka

PBR
Old May 12, 2019, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Picked up a mixed 12 of Brickstone IPAs, from Bourbonnais, IL.

Some good stuff.

Here in Illinois they tax the living hell out of us, but we have access to some REALLY good beer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.