Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Unholy - from Coppertail Brewing Co. A very tasty Belgian style trippel. I poured into a glass and was surprised at the pale color. It tastes much darker. 9.2% ABV.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
After an enjoyable late afternoon playing golf with Baby Swede, I had my first Summer Shandy of the season while having dinner at BWW.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I picked up a 24 variety pack of Bronx Brewing beers at Costco earlier this week. Includes their Pilsner, American Pale Ale, the No Resolutions IPA, and a DIPA. They're all pretty good, I was pleasantly surprised by the Pils. Also a relatively good value for NYC, it's $30/24 pk.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

850 pale ale from Props out of Tallahassee. Pretty good until I spilled one all over my lap.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by BamaVol
850 pale ale from Props out of Tallahassee. Pretty good until I spilled one all over my lap.
From proof? They just made a huge leap, moving into a much larger facility. Less taproom friendly though. Will be interesting to see how it works out. (I spend way too much time in Tally) The old place was walking distance from the hotel and food nearby. The new place, not so much.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
From proof? They just made a huge leap, moving into a much larger facility. Less taproom friendly though. Will be interesting to see how it works out. (I spend way too much time in Tally) The old place was walking distance from the hotel and food nearby. The new place, not so much.
Yes, Proof. Too much beer. We don’t get away much these days but I have a friend who went to FSU who wanted me to visit Proof. Maybe I’m too late.

We’re closing on a house in Leesburg in June. Any nearby recommendations?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
No suggestions, except to stop in Gainesville. A couple nice breweries there.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Carling Black Ice. 6.1% beer that's not bad.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kalik - from Nassau.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Carling and Goebel (pronounced Joe Bell ), were frequently consumed via a large funnel and tube during my days at Ohio Universities (purposely plural).
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Eight Five Oh pale ale from Proof. I got a free half pint when the keg needed to be changed. Mrs BV got a free half a spiked milkshake when she asked what was in it (Baileys and Crown Royal).
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
In [some parts of] the USA a really cheap beer called EXTRA GOLD by Coors is pretty decent. It beats many mainstream beers in taste IME, and at U$16 per 30 pack rather affordable.
Certainly nothing special, but very refreshing after a full day's work out in the field.

Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik
In [some parts of] the USA a really cheap beer called EXTRA GOLD by Coors is pretty decent. It beats many mainstream beers in taste IME, and at U$16 per 30 pack rather affordable.
Certainly nothing special, but very refreshing after a full day's work out in the field.

I’m curious. Did you buy a 30 pack and cross your fingers or had you tasted it somewhere first? I remember traveling to Pa. and discovering I had to buy a whole case. I was worried about finishing it before getting back on the plane home. I don’t remember the name but it was a Yuengling product I’d never seen before. I was worried unnecessarily. I couldn’t even finish the first can.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I’m curious. Did you buy a 30 pack and cross your fingers or had you tasted it somewhere first? I remember traveling to Pa. and discovering I had to buy a whole case.

PA, aye.
Strolled down one nice Summer afternoon to the small, local store where they have a max. serving size according to PA law....I forget....maybe 15 can-pack?
Anyway, it was good.
And the same price as the 30 pack at the "proper" beer-store in the nearest village.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

I’m curious. Did you buy a 30 pack and cross your fingers or had you tasted it somewhere first? I remember traveling to Pa. and discovering I had to buy a whole case. I was worried about finishing it before getting back on the plane home. I don’t remember the name but it was a Yuengling product I’d never seen before. I was worried unnecessarily. I couldn’t even finish the first can.

Originally Posted by narvik
PA, aye.
Strolled down one nice Summer afternoon to the small, local store where they have a max. serving size according to PA law....I forget....maybe 15 can-pack?
Anyway, it was good.
And the same price as the 30 pack at the "proper" beer-store in the nearest village.
In PA, if you buy from what we call a six-pack shop, you can buy up to 192 fl. oz at one time. That's up to 16-12 oz. cans.
narvik likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.