FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   DiningBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz-371/)
-   -   What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diningbuzz/1020043-what-beer-ale-similar-you-drinking.html)

GoBob Nov 23, 2009 2:51 pm

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

I love the fall, if only because it makes me want to crack a nice stout when I sit down at the TV or computer after a long day at work and putting the kids to bed. This is also the time of year when a lot of the more experimental seasonal brews are released by the craft brewers. So, in a gut check to organize my nightly selection and in anticipation of some nice drinks over the next few months, here's what I have in my beer fridge right now:

Left over from summer:

Simpler Times Lager (best canned six-pack $2.99 can buy; thanks, Trader Joe) (WI) - 12 oz can
Butternuts Heinnieweisse Weissebier (NY) - 12 oz can
Great Divide Samurai Ale (CO) - 12 oz bottle
Great Divide Belgica IPA (best new beer I've tasted all year) (CO) - 12 oz bottle
Coors Light (nothing wrong with a macro apres-lawn mowing) (CO) - 12 oz widemouth can

Fall:

Mayflower Porter (MA) - 12 oz bottle
Berkshire Drayman's Porter (MA) - 22 oz bottle
Berkshire Coffehouse Porter (MA) - 22 oz bottle
Berkshire Imperial Stout (MA) - 22 oz bottle
Steelhead Scotch Porter (Mad River - CA) - 12 oz bottle
Victory Festbier (PA) - 12 oz bottle

All American, craft brewed.

What's in yours?

Starwood Lurker Nov 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by GoBob (Post 12868648)
What's in yours?

I feel so inadequate. :( I only have two 12 oz. St. Arnold's Christmas Ales in mine. But, I anticipate it will get better later in the week. ;)

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

SaigonCyclo Nov 23, 2009 3:10 pm

Pliny the Elder right now.

yukira Nov 23, 2009 3:26 pm

Sadly no beer in my fridge right now. But I'll be heading to the store tonight for some Deschutes Black Butte Porter, Ninkasi Double IPA and either Brrr or Ebeneezer Ale for Thanksgiving.

tonerman Nov 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Terrapin Rye Pale Ale
Terrapin Big Hoppy Monster
Coors Light
Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball

meester69 Nov 23, 2009 4:20 pm

Some Chimay Bleues and some Lindemans Framboise.

fs2k2isfun Nov 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA
Avery the Maharaja Imperial IPA
Warsteiner
Yuengling
Stone Ruination Imperial IPA
Anchor Steam

I'm a big IPA fan, if you couldn't tell.

Edit to add: Forgot I picked up a 6-pack of Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I could hardly contain my excitement at finding some this late in the year.

anaggie Nov 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Bud Light

JayhawkCO Nov 23, 2009 5:12 pm

Boulevard Nutcracker Ale.

Delicious.

Also one in hand.

Chris

brendog Nov 23, 2009 6:02 pm

rwsatl Nov 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Miller High Life.

One in hand,

and hopefully enough in the fridge.

wsucougarchick05 Nov 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Woefully little...

Some Pyramid Snow Cap
2 bottles of New Belgium 1554
One bottle of Henry's Hefeweizen
One mega-bottle (the big ones you can get at your local convenience store) of Widmer Hefeweizen.

PDXOutbound Nov 23, 2009 8:01 pm

Ummmmm.....Pabst. Is that weird?

kevincrumbs Nov 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by PDXOutbound (Post 12870301)
Ummmmm.....Pabst. Is that weird?

Well, you do reside in Portland, the city that almost single handedly revived the brand in the 90s. ;)

As for myself, I've been laying off the beer in recent weeks in favour of Fernet Branca and Cola but I have in the fridge currently:

Anchor Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2008
Unibroue 16

greggwiggins Nov 24, 2009 7:45 am

Not sure

There's about 40 -- 50 different beer types in my beer fridge right now (it's good to be a professional beer drinker).

I'd say the highlights are probably a couple of different breweries' four-year-old barleywines that should be just about at their peak, a five-year flight (two bottles each) of Alaskan Smoked Porter starting in 2001, and my last 750ml bottle of Raison D'Extra, the no-longer-made high-octane version of Dogfish Head's Raison D'etre.

Some of the barleywines will probably be served with the dessert course (or as the dessert course for some of us) at Thanksgiving dinner.