Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
More Asahi. ^ Gotta get back to Japan soon...
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Grabbed a Maine Brewing Lunch IPA at the local Fairway today. Simple but excellent ^
AleTrail likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:27 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Commonwealth (VA Beach) gose of some sort tonight, with hibiscus and passionfruit. It was closer to the traditional sour end of the spectrum (too many goses and sours these days are turning into flavored malt liquor, IMHO). A better finish and it would have been awesome; it was still pretty darn good.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:45 am

"Without You" IPA from Crooked Run in Loudoun County, VA, picked up just before heading home. Cloudy, hoppy without being overly bitter, and delicious.

I still kinda hate IAD, but the proliferation of breweries in that area in the past few years sure makes me hate it less. If transit were better (or existed) out there, some of them would make a great long-layover stop, but for now I think I'll stick to ORD for my breweries-on-layovers needs.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Riptide amber ale from Pensacola Brewing. I thought it was a porter when I ordered it and was disappointed. But not so disappointed that I didn’t order a second. Bought a six pack of Sweetwater 420 pale ale to drink back in the room.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Yesterday downed some Evil Twin Brewing IPA Kolata.

A nice new experience, a medium high bodied IPA with slight undertones of pineapple, maybe citrus. ABV 8.0%
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:12 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Annabel Lee White
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Well, yesterday I had a good 'ol Heineken.
Last week I had a good 'ol Pilsner Urquell.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried my first Japanese craft beer this weekend. Baird the Carpenter's Mikan ale. Doesn't sound very Japanese does it? Mikan is a citrus fruit - satsuma perhaps. It was labeled as a fruit beer and I paid $10 for a 10 ounce draft. Worth it? Only to say I tried it. Not something I would order again. Virtually no citrus or other fruit flavor. Not a bad beer, just hard to put my finger on what I was tasting.

Also had a Metatropics from Wicked Weed. Listed as an American Wild ale. Very tropical; mango and grapefruit.

Yesterday picked up 2 beers from Destihl, one of my favorite breweries, out of Normal, Illinois. One was a raspberry sour. the other was a double hazy IPA. Loved them both.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:18 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Baird's are okay, but yeah, typically very expensive for what you get. There are some non-export Japanese craft beers I have absolutely been floored by, FWIW; it's just impossible to find great stuff that is bottled & exported.

Wicked Weed is interesting; several of their beers I've had recently (on draft, no less) were not of the quality they were before the sell-out. Maybe it's just my imagination driven by the displeasure of that sell-out. They had some awesome sours at their Funkatorium (some of which they bottled and sold outside of Asheville); what I've had since just hasn't measured up.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exerda
Baird's are okay, but yeah, typically very expensive for what you get. There are some non-export Japanese craft beers I have absolutely been floored by, FWIW; it's just impossible to find great stuff that is bottled & exported.

Wicked Weed is interesting; several of their beers I've had recently (on draft, no less) were not of the quality they were before the sell-out. Maybe it's just my imagination driven by the displeasure of that sell-out. They had some awesome sours at their Funkatorium (some of which they bottled and sold outside of Asheville); what I've had since just hasn't measured up.
I was in AVL for BamaVol Jr #3’s wedding in November (at Highland Brewing). BamaVol Jr #1 and wife spent an afternoon at the Funkatorium and were pleased with everything they tried. Unfortunately, I was unable to stop in for longer than it takes to buy a t-shirt - which garners many positive comments and a few negative from people who think it refers to marijuana. I’ll be an hour away this weekend for my mother’s funeral and I’m sorely tempted.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:09 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by BamaVol

I was in AVL for BamaVol Jr #3’s wedding in November (at Highland Brewing). BamaVol Jr #1 and wife spent an afternoon at the Funkatorium and were pleased with everything they tried. Unfortunately, I was unable to stop in for longer than it takes to buy a t-shirt - which garners many positive comments and a few negative from people who think it refers to marijuana. I’ll be an hour away this weekend for my mother’s funeral and I’m sorely tempted.
I think if you can steal some time, you should go.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
I think if you can steal some time, you should go.
It looks like the calendar is pretty much booked. I wish I had flown in and out of AVL instead of CLT.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Destihl’s Touch of Haze IPA. Tasty.

Just a reminder. Tomorrow is National Beer Day!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
I’ll be an hour away this weekend for my mother’s funeral
Condolences, BamaVol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.