Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eajusa
Applications suspended 11.13.2014 for a "couple weeks".

Harris Bank is now accepting applications for two new consumer Diners Club MasterCards. There is no new account bonus or annual fee waiver. This thread discusses the cards benefits and rewards. Please click HERE to discuss the application process.

Premier $95 annual fee, $35 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fee, Primary CDW, Airport lounge access, $1 = 1 point on all spending.

Elite $300 annual fee, $150 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fees, Primary CDW, Trip Cancellation / Interruption reimbursement, Airport lounge access, $1 = 3 points for grocery stores, supermarkets, drug stores, pharmacies and automobile fuel service stations when you pay at the pump, $1 = 1 point otherwise.

Diners Club Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners are discussed in THIS thread.

Many of the card travel benefits are listed in the Promotions section of the website.

A form to request cards for Authorized Users is HERE.
A form to setup Automatic Payments is HERE.

Differences between the legacy Professional cards and the new Consumer cards:
  • Card type. Professional = charge card; Consumer = credit card
  • Foreign transaction fees. Professional 3%; Consumer 0.
  • CDW vehicle value cap. Professional = $75,000 (Diners) or $100,000 (Carte Blanche); Consumer = $50,000
  • Other insurance. On cursory examination there appears to be differences in the carriers and terms of the other coverages. The Consumer coverages may be a standard package arranged by MasterCard, while the Professional coverages may be inherited from Citi. Someone would need to read carefully side-by-side to find the differences.

Mint.com and PersonalCapital.com does NOT currently work with this card however I have confirmed that they will add it once they receive at least 5 requests to do so. So, for those that have the card and use these sites please send a support ticket asking them to add "Diners Club International" at the URL: https://www.bmoharriscreditcards.com...sumer/Login.do . ^

Between the Consumer (personal), Professional (legacy), and Corporate Cards there are a variety of contacts for various needs:

Cardmember Customer Service
1-800-2-DINERS (1-800-234-6377)
Outside the US: 1-514-877-1577

Internet Help Desk
1-877-263-5018 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours a day)

Club Rewards
Customer Contact Center: 1-800-234-4034 (Mon-Sun, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET)

TTY Service for Hearing Impaired Customers

Professional and Consumer Cardmembers: 1-866-889-0889
Corporate Cardmembers (US and Canada): 1-866-859-2089
Corporate Cardmembers (Outside North America): 1-800-976-6037

Corporate Client Services: 1-800-964-9444 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)

Corporate Sales Group: 1-800-999-9093 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET)

Travel Management Companies
For inquiries and lead referrals please email [email protected]
or call 1-800-999-9093.

Payment Address

Diners Club Professional
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Diners Club Commercial / Corporate
P.O. Box 5732
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5732

Diners Club Consumer
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Overnight Payment Address
BancTec Inc.
2100 A Corporate Drive
Addison, IL 60101

Wire transfer payment information

Bank Name: BMO Harris Bank N.A.
Account #: 1982143000
Account Name: Diners Wire Payments
Address: 111 W. Monroe
Chicago, IL 60603
ABA: 071000288
Swift code: HATRUS44
Payable to: Harris/Diners Club (include name/account#)
Cutoff time is 2pm CT

Insurance - Inquiries and Claims
•MasterRental Coverage (Primary Collision Damage Waiver Coverage)
•Purchase Assurance and Extended Warranty
•Common Carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
•Hotel/motel Burglary Coverage
•Travel Assistance Services
•Travel Accident Insurance
•Flight Delay Coverage
•Baggage Delay Coverage
•Lost or Damaged Luggage Coverage
•Master Assist
(US): 1-800-MC-ASSIST (1-800-622-7747)
(Outside the US): 636-722-7111 (collect); or en Español: 1-800-633-4466

RoadAssist Roadside Services
1-877-764-3576
(Outside the US): 904-636-3647 (collect)

Collections
Professional: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Corporate: 1-888-551-4667 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)
Consumer: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Print Wikipost

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:24 pm

Still open

Originally Posted by tmiw
BTW, who still has a working Elite card?

That doesn't indicate that apps are soon going to reopen. I'd look to things like changing bonus earn rates/categories on the Elite card for that.
My card is still open. I use it all the time- no MS
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:18 am

So far so good. 90% MS + 10% daily spending.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:28 am

My guess is if they open back up they will change the program at the end of this year. They will wait until everybody who signed up is past their year anniversary (I know the Card Act may or may not apply to rewards but I suspect they will play it safe). They will change the rewards structure to be not terribly MS friendly. Transition the survivors over and reopen applications. Alternatively, given the speed BMO moves at, they will just the leave the program intact, leave the applications shut and those who survived the great culling will be the last one's laughing.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
My guess is if they open back up they will change the program at the end of this year. They will wait until everybody who signed up is past their year anniversary (I know the Card Act may or may not apply to rewards but I suspect they will play it safe). They will change the rewards structure to be not terribly MS friendly. Transition the survivors over and reopen applications. Alternatively, given the speed BMO moves at, they will just the leave the program intact, leave the applications shut and those who survived the great culling will be the last one's laughing.
Still, something like 3x travel + 3x dining at $95/yr would make the DC card a no-brainer over the CSP, especially with chip and PIN.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tmiw
Still, something like 3x travel + 3x dining at $95/yr would make the DC card a no-brainer over the CSP, especially with chip and PIN.
Yes, that would be great, and I agree, it should be offered for the Premier card with the $95 fee. The MS BMO apparently frets over came with the grocery and drug store categories they gave the Elite card. There is no reason why they can't rework that card to include 3X travel, entertainment, dining and gas. These are the perks a person would want when you consider DC history and considering the $300 AF.
The main reason I applied was to take advantage of some of DC transfer partners that Amex and Citi do not have. I don't have a Chase card with UR, so I wanted a transfer ability to Amtrak. I also like the transfer to Best Western. I use their chain when I want to go to some of our national parks. You can' find a Hilton, Marriott, or similar chain just down the road from places such as the Grand Canyon or Yellowstone.

Last edited by eajusa; Apr 26, 2015 at 12:33 pm
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:17 pm

This is probably a dumb question on an old thread for a card that can't be applied for, but...

Can you transfer FROM an airline program INTO DC? Is there ANY card that will let you do that?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brainchasm

Can you transfer FROM an airline program INTO DC? Is there ANY card that will let you do that?
No.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:16 pm

any word on when the elite card will come back for new applications or does it seem like they are redoing the entire program and may release a different card?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by jattsingh
any word on when the elite card will come back for new applications or does it seem like they are redoing the entire program and may release a different card?
Around the time the Washington Redskins win the Super Bowl. Or when there's a peace deal between the Israelis & Palestinians. I think it'll be a good long while, based on their track record.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brainchasm
Can you transfer FROM an airline program INTO DC?
Not any more. Many years ago (years before the card left Citi for BMO), there used to be a way to transfer from a few miles programs (including at least AA and UA) to DC. I know that was the case a dozen years ago or so. But that ended long ago. I just mention that in case you find any place that claims you can do it, because that means the write-up with that claim is based on long-outdated information.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jattsingh
You neglected to mention another possibility:

That they will eventually bring the Premier ($95/year) card back for new applications, but will never bring the Elite ($295/year) card back for new applications, or any other "different" card.

There's been a $95/year card for ages, so it wasn't that unusual for them to introduce a different $95/year card last year. But there was no precedent for anything like the Elite card, and they may have re-thought that and might not want to bring it back after discovering it's mostly used by MSers. (They probably never ran into MSers much before introducing the Elite card.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 28, 2015 at 6:54 pm Reason: fixed name of $95 AF card
Old Apr 28, 2015, 2:56 pm

I would be fine if they just stick with the Premium. Hopefully, they use the card sexy design of the Elite... Yes, I can be shallow like that. hehe.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I'm still hoping for bonus categories on the Premier (I think that's what you all meant, right?)
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:05 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
... But there was no precedent for anything like the Elite card,
The precedent is Carte Blanche, which had the same annual fee structure ($300/$150), but did not offer category bonuses.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
The precedent is Carte Blanche, which had the same annual fee structure ($300/$150), but did not offer category bonuses.
Yes, but it's the category bonuses which got BMO in trouble (because they didn't seem to know about MSing when they designed those), so from that standpoint there was no precedent at BMO or Diners for a card (such as Elite) with category bonuses matching popular MSing outlets.

IIRC, Diners Club Professional used to have occasional temporary merchant-specific bonuses long ago (in the pre-MC Citi days), but that was before anyone had heard of MSing, and in any case the merchants at which those bonuses were offered were not typically the ones which ended up years later being popular MSing outlets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.