Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eajusa
Applications suspended 11.13.2014 for a "couple weeks".

Harris Bank is now accepting applications for two new consumer Diners Club MasterCards. There is no new account bonus or annual fee waiver. This thread discusses the cards benefits and rewards. Please click HERE to discuss the application process.

Premier $95 annual fee, $35 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fee, Primary CDW, Airport lounge access, $1 = 1 point on all spending.

Elite $300 annual fee, $150 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fees, Primary CDW, Trip Cancellation / Interruption reimbursement, Airport lounge access, $1 = 3 points for grocery stores, supermarkets, drug stores, pharmacies and automobile fuel service stations when you pay at the pump, $1 = 1 point otherwise.

Diners Club Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners are discussed in THIS thread.

Many of the card travel benefits are listed in the Promotions section of the website.

A form to request cards for Authorized Users is HERE.
A form to setup Automatic Payments is HERE.

Differences between the legacy Professional cards and the new Consumer cards:
  • Card type. Professional = charge card; Consumer = credit card
  • Foreign transaction fees. Professional 3%; Consumer 0.
  • CDW vehicle value cap. Professional = $75,000 (Diners) or $100,000 (Carte Blanche); Consumer = $50,000
  • Other insurance. On cursory examination there appears to be differences in the carriers and terms of the other coverages. The Consumer coverages may be a standard package arranged by MasterCard, while the Professional coverages may be inherited from Citi. Someone would need to read carefully side-by-side to find the differences.

Mint.com and PersonalCapital.com does NOT currently work with this card however I have confirmed that they will add it once they receive at least 5 requests to do so. So, for those that have the card and use these sites please send a support ticket asking them to add "Diners Club International" at the URL: https://www.bmoharriscreditcards.com...sumer/Login.do . ^

Between the Consumer (personal), Professional (legacy), and Corporate Cards there are a variety of contacts for various needs:

Cardmember Customer Service
1-800-2-DINERS (1-800-234-6377)
Outside the US: 1-514-877-1577

Internet Help Desk
1-877-263-5018 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours a day)

Club Rewards
Customer Contact Center: 1-800-234-4034 (Mon-Sun, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET)

TTY Service for Hearing Impaired Customers

Professional and Consumer Cardmembers: 1-866-889-0889
Corporate Cardmembers (US and Canada): 1-866-859-2089
Corporate Cardmembers (Outside North America): 1-800-976-6037

Corporate Client Services: 1-800-964-9444 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)

Corporate Sales Group: 1-800-999-9093 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET)

Travel Management Companies
For inquiries and lead referrals please email [email protected]
or call 1-800-999-9093.

Payment Address

Diners Club Professional
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Diners Club Commercial / Corporate
P.O. Box 5732
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5732

Diners Club Consumer
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Overnight Payment Address
BancTec Inc.
2100 A Corporate Drive
Addison, IL 60101

Wire transfer payment information

Bank Name: BMO Harris Bank N.A.
Account #: 1982143000
Account Name: Diners Wire Payments
Address: 111 W. Monroe
Chicago, IL 60603
ABA: 071000288
Swift code: HATRUS44
Payable to: Harris/Diners Club (include name/account#)
Cutoff time is 2pm CT

Insurance - Inquiries and Claims
•MasterRental Coverage (Primary Collision Damage Waiver Coverage)
•Purchase Assurance and Extended Warranty
•Common Carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
•Hotel/motel Burglary Coverage
•Travel Assistance Services
•Travel Accident Insurance
•Flight Delay Coverage
•Baggage Delay Coverage
•Lost or Damaged Luggage Coverage
•Master Assist
(US): 1-800-MC-ASSIST (1-800-622-7747)
(Outside the US): 636-722-7111 (collect); or en Español: 1-800-633-4466

RoadAssist Roadside Services
1-877-764-3576
(Outside the US): 904-636-3647 (collect)

Collections
Professional: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Corporate: 1-888-551-4667 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)
Consumer: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Print Wikipost

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:00 pm

These are the same CSRs who confidently said they would reopen applications in a couple of weeks and then later that they would open applications again in early 2015. You might as well read tea leaves as call them and ask.

My take is there are really likely only two options:

1). Existing cardholders are converted to a new less lucrative rewards scheme once the year anniversary has past for all the new applicants who applied last year. And the applications are reopened.

2). Existing program is left in place and some new program is opened for new cardholders.

I really, really doubt the existing program will be reopened to new applicants.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
These are the same CSRs who confidently said they would reopen applications in a couple of weeks and then later that they would open applications again in early 2015. You might as well read tea leaves as call them and ask.

My take is there are really likely only two options:

1). Existing cardholders are converted to a new less lucrative rewards scheme once the year anniversary has past for all the new applicants who applied last year. And the applications are reopened.

2). Existing program is left in place and some new program is opened for new cardholders.

I really, really doubt the existing program will be reopened to new applicants.
BMO has a very good opportunity right now since Barclaycard is severely devaluing the Arrival+. A decent signup bonus and travel/dining bonus spend categories could attract people who are jumping ship. A signup bonus seems unlikely though.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 1:59 pm

...and if it happens that way, I win! You can send me my nickel via pay pal.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

only lasted a month, wow

was first time theyve taken applications since citi sold in mid 2008?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
This hobby is not for the wait-and-see kind.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
This hobby is not for the wait-and-see kind.
Indeed. I kind of feel like I have cool "MS Cred" for being able to get the new DC card and getting one of those ridiculous CL's (20k more than any other credit line I have).

I only have the premier, but I've been able to get way more than 100 dollars of benefit from the lounge access. Using it tonight as well
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Indeed. I kind of feel like I have cool "MS Cred" for being able to get the new DC card and getting one of those ridiculous CL's (20k more than any other credit line I have).

I only have the premier, but I've been able to get way more than 100 dollars of benefit from the lounge access. Using it tonight as well
I also have a very high CL. I kinda wish my DC card reported but kinda don't as well since I don't know how that would affect getting future cards. My utilization is nowhere near max on any card but still.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tmiw
I also have a very high CL. I kinda wish my DC card reported but kinda don't as well since I don't know how that would affect getting future cards. My utilization is nowhere near max on any card but still.
yeah, i was declined by citi at only 0.83x HHI excluding amex plat
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:26 pm

Speaking of the fails of BMO Harris with regards to Diners Club and them 'temporarily' taking down applications, their online applications for checking accounts are also 'temporarily' down. It has been like this for at least a week. lol BMO get your act together and open up apps for Diners again and your checking accounts.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uklevi
Speaking of the fails of BMO Harris with regards to Diners Club and them 'temporarily' taking down applications, their online applications for checking accounts are also 'temporarily' down. It has been like this for at least a week. lol BMO get your act together and open up apps for Diners again and your checking accounts.
BMO's retail banking customer base is mostly in the Midwest though so they might not actually need to rush to get the online account opening fixed (especially since it looks like you can still open in-branch or over the phone).
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
at least they are sticking by my theory of business... if you cannot stand by or handle the marketing offers you offer, then dont be available to do business or open any new apps for the offers.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
at least they are sticking by my theory of business... if you cannot stand by or handle the marketing offers you offer, then dont be available to do business or open any new apps for the offers.
They seemingly didn't learn that lesson until they already had way more cardholders putting through way more charges than they were comfortable with. At least they've learned now I suppose.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Agreed

Td cards learned it the zact same way and roughly same time
Old Oct 3, 2015, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apparently it's already been a year since I got the card since the AF posted today. Time sure flies.

Whose cards are still alive?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by tmiw
Apparently it's already been a year since I got the card since the AF posted today. Time sure flies.

Whose cards are still alive?
Mine! I just have the Premier, but it's a bargain for the lounge access alone. Have used it at least 10x this year. And it's my card for non bonused Visa spend (use CSP for dining/travel, SPG amex for every day, and DC Premier for non bonused visa only places, such as my dry cleaners)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.