Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eajusa
Applications suspended 11.13.2014 for a "couple weeks".

Harris Bank is now accepting applications for two new consumer Diners Club MasterCards. There is no new account bonus or annual fee waiver. This thread discusses the cards benefits and rewards. Please click HERE to discuss the application process.

Premier $95 annual fee, $35 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fee, Primary CDW, Airport lounge access, $1 = 1 point on all spending.

Elite $300 annual fee, $150 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fees, Primary CDW, Trip Cancellation / Interruption reimbursement, Airport lounge access, $1 = 3 points for grocery stores, supermarkets, drug stores, pharmacies and automobile fuel service stations when you pay at the pump, $1 = 1 point otherwise.

Diners Club Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners are discussed in THIS thread.

Many of the card travel benefits are listed in the Promotions section of the website.

A form to request cards for Authorized Users is HERE.
A form to setup Automatic Payments is HERE.

Differences between the legacy Professional cards and the new Consumer cards:
  • Card type. Professional = charge card; Consumer = credit card
  • Foreign transaction fees. Professional 3%; Consumer 0.
  • CDW vehicle value cap. Professional = $75,000 (Diners) or $100,000 (Carte Blanche); Consumer = $50,000
  • Other insurance. On cursory examination there appears to be differences in the carriers and terms of the other coverages. The Consumer coverages may be a standard package arranged by MasterCard, while the Professional coverages may be inherited from Citi. Someone would need to read carefully side-by-side to find the differences.

Mint.com and PersonalCapital.com does NOT currently work with this card however I have confirmed that they will add it once they receive at least 5 requests to do so. So, for those that have the card and use these sites please send a support ticket asking them to add "Diners Club International" at the URL: https://www.bmoharriscreditcards.com...sumer/Login.do . ^

Between the Consumer (personal), Professional (legacy), and Corporate Cards there are a variety of contacts for various needs:

Cardmember Customer Service
1-800-2-DINERS (1-800-234-6377)
Outside the US: 1-514-877-1577

Internet Help Desk
1-877-263-5018 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours a day)

Club Rewards
Customer Contact Center: 1-800-234-4034 (Mon-Sun, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET)

TTY Service for Hearing Impaired Customers

Professional and Consumer Cardmembers: 1-866-889-0889
Corporate Cardmembers (US and Canada): 1-866-859-2089
Corporate Cardmembers (Outside North America): 1-800-976-6037

Corporate Client Services: 1-800-964-9444 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)

Corporate Sales Group: 1-800-999-9093 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET)

Travel Management Companies
For inquiries and lead referrals please email [email protected]
or call 1-800-999-9093.

Payment Address

Diners Club Professional
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Diners Club Commercial / Corporate
P.O. Box 5732
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5732

Diners Club Consumer
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Overnight Payment Address
BancTec Inc.
2100 A Corporate Drive
Addison, IL 60101

Wire transfer payment information

Bank Name: BMO Harris Bank N.A.
Account #: 1982143000
Account Name: Diners Wire Payments
Address: 111 W. Monroe
Chicago, IL 60603
ABA: 071000288
Swift code: HATRUS44
Payable to: Harris/Diners Club (include name/account#)
Cutoff time is 2pm CT

Insurance - Inquiries and Claims
•MasterRental Coverage (Primary Collision Damage Waiver Coverage)
•Purchase Assurance and Extended Warranty
•Common Carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
•Hotel/motel Burglary Coverage
•Travel Assistance Services
•Travel Accident Insurance
•Flight Delay Coverage
•Baggage Delay Coverage
•Lost or Damaged Luggage Coverage
•Master Assist
(US): 1-800-MC-ASSIST (1-800-622-7747)
(Outside the US): 636-722-7111 (collect); or en Español: 1-800-633-4466

RoadAssist Roadside Services
1-877-764-3576
(Outside the US): 904-636-3647 (collect)

Collections
Professional: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Corporate: 1-888-551-4667 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)
Consumer: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Print Wikipost

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You can see the status of your account online.

• Login: dinersclubus.com
  • Click: Your name in upper right
  • Click: Manage accounts

If your account has been closed I believe this will be noted in the area where the available credit is otherwise shown.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Thanks

Yep , I followed your instructions and account is closed.

I just transferred available points to miles. Thankful for that.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by beachmiles
Yep , I followed your instructions and account is closed.

I just transferred available points to miles. Thankful for that.

Now you have to call and demand that they give a $300 credit against your statement.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:36 pm

Same story as the rest. My card got rejected for a purchase. I logged into my account online and my account is closed with a -$300 annual fee adjustment. I transferred the points out.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
Same story as the rest. My card got rejected for a purchase. I logged into my account online and my account is closed with a -$300 annual fee adjustment. I transferred the points out.
Do you mean you can transfer points out even the account was closed?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by spgbus
The letter one may or may not eventually get from DC (I got mine 30-days after closure) gives you 60-days post closure to transfer your points, to their credit, DC/BMO is fair on that point. So one should not have an issue transferring points after closure within that window. That said anybody with an Elite at least should be transferring out on a very regular basis in my opinion. I don't think the Elite is long for this world (no matter how conservative one is).
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by spgbus
Yes. I did. I can still log into the account and everything works as before. The only visible change is when I go to "Manage Accounts" I see:

Account Name Available Credit Credit Limit Account Number
DinersClubElite ******** Account Closed *****
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
I don't think the Elite is long for this world (no matter how conservative one is).
I agree with this statement. I was very conservative. My guess is they wish the Elite card never happened and will eventually find a reason to close all the cards. I think the only difference between the Elite and the Premier is the 3x bonus on grocery, drugstore, and gas at pump spend. So they designed a $300 card that is only really worth getting over the $95 card if you do a bit of MSing. The customers the card appealed to are not customers that the bank desires.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ddallas
I agree with this statement. I was very conservative. My guess is they wish the Elite card never happened and will eventually find a reason to close all the cards. I think the only difference between the Elite and the Premier is the 3x bonus on grocery, drugstore, and gas at pump spend. So they designed a $300 card that is only really worth getting over the $95 card if you do a bit of MSing. The customers the card appealed to are not customers that the bank desires.
Still, BMO could have handled things a lot better than they have and continue to do. Just canceling people's accounts without any communication from them caused a lot of ill-will towards BMO. If I was running things and realized we screwed up:
  1. Manually review everyone's cards and CLD everyone to more reasonable levels. (May be restricted by law, but the card agreement seems to allow it.) This will reduce the risk while doing the rest of the steps.
  2. Create new card product. 3x travel, 3x dining, 1x everything else + all of the existing Premier benefits. Or even just modify the Premier card. (Re)open applications for that product only.
  3. PC all (Premier and) Elite cardholders to the new product. May also be restricted by law; if so, give Elite cardholders an opportunity to reapply for the new card without blacklisting, even if there's obvious evidence of MS.
The key is prompt communication and transparency through this whole process.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by tmiw
Still, BMO could have handled things a lot better than they have and continue to do. Just canceling people's accounts without any communication from them caused a lot of ill-will towards BMO. If I was running things and realized we screwed up:
  1. Manually review everyone's cards and CLD everyone to more reasonable levels. (May be restricted by law, but the card agreement seems to allow it.) This will reduce the risk while doing the rest of the steps.
  2. Create new card product. 3x travel, 3x dining, 1x everything else + all of the existing Premier benefits. Or even just modify the Premier card. (Re)open applications for that product only.
  3. PC all (Premier and) Elite cardholders to the new product. May also be restricted by law; if so, give Elite cardholders an opportunity to reapply for the new card without blacklisting, even if there's obvious evidence of MS.
The key is prompt communication and transparency through this whole process.

I don't think any of us are blacklisted, but the handling of this is extremely unprofessional. If I were clueless about this thread, I wouldn't even know to call and ask for my annual fee back.

What was that consumer credit complaint website? Maybe we should all file complaints. A thousand of those will put some heat on the clowns at BMO who are running this.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
The letter one may or may not eventually get from DC (I got mine 30-days after closure) gives you 60-days post closure to transfer your points, to their credit, DC/BMO is fair on that point. So one should not have an issue transferring points after closure within that window. That said anybody with an Elite at least should be transferring out on a very regular basis in my opinion. I don't think the Elite is long for this world (no matter how conservative one is).
Sounds good. Just wanted to make sure I can still transfer the points out in case of closure. The only charges nowadays would be coming from the 3x Wally World and hopefully it can last for a while.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
Card cancelled

Another data point.

Card got declined over the weekend of 14th. I knew a closure was coming most likely. waited for the statement to post. paid off the card (around 14k balance). called today asking if any hold on account. Was informed my card was closed on 18th. The website doesn't reflect any of that though (balance showing 0 but credit line full amount). Was informed I would receive a letter in the mail.

I had transferred out all my points anyways. Luckily I had only had the card since January and no annual fee was charged. Transferred out 51K points to Alaskan Airlines in 2 billing cycles . Not a heavy hitter like most you guys obviously but still happy.

Funny thing is I would gladly pay double the annual fee if they would keep the 3x running

Oh well !!

I am wondering if they will let me allow to apply for the $95 card now or am i banned for life !!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:28 am

I looked at my April Diners Club statement, and (perhaps) they may have finally straightened everything out and getting ready for a relaunch. Starting 1 June my cash advance limit will now be reduced to 20% of my credit limit, and I assume this applies to everyone as well, as I have heard others say this as well. They also rewrote a section of the cardmember agreement.

Here are the changes:
Effective June 1, 2015, we are changing cash limits on your Diners Club card account. The cash limit on your Account, which is the maximum amount of credit we will extend to you for cash advances, will be reduced to 20% of your credit limit. We will not authorize any transaction that would cause your cash advance balance to exceed your cash limit. The maximum amount of cash that may be withdrawn per day will be $1,500, subject to your available cash limit. If your cash advance balance exceeds your cash limit on June 1, 2015, we will not charge you a fee for being over your cash limit or ask you to immediately repay the amount exceeding your cash limit, but you will be unable to make additional cash advances until your cash advance balance is less than your cash limit.
Your Cardmember Agreement will also change. The Section “Using Your Account and Your Credit Line” will be replaced in its entirety with the following:
Using Your Account and Your Credit Line
The card must be signed to be used. Whether you sign the card or not, you are fully responsible for complying with all the terms of this Agreement, including the obligation to pay us for all balances due on your account as specified in this Agreement. Your card must only be used for lawful transactions.
Your card can be used to buy or lease goods or services wherever the card is honored. Your account has a credit limit. The full amount of the credit limit is available to use where the card is honored. Subject to applicable law, we may reduce your credit limit at any time.
Your account may also include a cash limit, which will be a percentage of and subject to your credit limit. With the Club Cash® feature, your card can be used for cash advances through any bank or automated teller machine that accepts the card subject to your cash limit. We may reduce your cash limit at any time, and we may limit the frequency and amount of cash withdrawals you may make in any time period.
We will notify you of any new credit or cash limit either by sending you a notice or through your billing statement. A change to your cash or credit limits may take effect before you receive notification from us. You should always keep your total balance below the credit limit. However, if the total due goes over your credit limit you must still pay us.

Last edited by mia; Apr 22, 2015 at 11:42 am Reason: Formatting
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
BTW, who still has a working Elite card?

Originally Posted by uklevi
I looked at my April Diners Club statement, and (perhaps) they may have finally straightened everything out and getting ready for a relaunch. Starting 1 June my cash advance limit will now be reduced to 20% of my credit limit, and I assume this applies to everyone as well, as I have heard others say this as well. They also rewrote a section of the cardmember agreement.

Here are the changes:
That doesn't indicate that apps are soon going to reopen. I'd look to things like changing bonus earn rates/categories on the Elite card for that.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:06 pm

I still have a working Elite. My application had manual review though when I applied, I still got the 50k limit.

I have only just started doing MS using Redbird, and I always make it like $634.87 or weird amounts like that. so far so good but I have taken it very very slowly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.