Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eajusa
Applications suspended 11.13.2014 for a "couple weeks".

Harris Bank is now accepting applications for two new consumer Diners Club MasterCards. There is no new account bonus or annual fee waiver. This thread discusses the cards benefits and rewards. Please click HERE to discuss the application process.

Premier $95 annual fee, $35 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fee, Primary CDW, Airport lounge access, $1 = 1 point on all spending.

Elite $300 annual fee, $150 additional cards, EMV, No foreign transaction fees, Primary CDW, Trip Cancellation / Interruption reimbursement, Airport lounge access, $1 = 3 points for grocery stores, supermarkets, drug stores, pharmacies and automobile fuel service stations when you pay at the pump, $1 = 1 point otherwise.

Diners Club Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners are discussed in THIS thread.

Many of the card travel benefits are listed in the Promotions section of the website.

A form to request cards for Authorized Users is HERE.
A form to setup Automatic Payments is HERE.

Differences between the legacy Professional cards and the new Consumer cards:
  • Card type. Professional = charge card; Consumer = credit card
  • Foreign transaction fees. Professional 3%; Consumer 0.
  • CDW vehicle value cap. Professional = $75,000 (Diners) or $100,000 (Carte Blanche); Consumer = $50,000
  • Other insurance. On cursory examination there appears to be differences in the carriers and terms of the other coverages. The Consumer coverages may be a standard package arranged by MasterCard, while the Professional coverages may be inherited from Citi. Someone would need to read carefully side-by-side to find the differences.

Mint.com and PersonalCapital.com does NOT currently work with this card however I have confirmed that they will add it once they receive at least 5 requests to do so. So, for those that have the card and use these sites please send a support ticket asking them to add "Diners Club International" at the URL: https://www.bmoharriscreditcards.com...sumer/Login.do . ^

Between the Consumer (personal), Professional (legacy), and Corporate Cards there are a variety of contacts for various needs:

Cardmember Customer Service
1-800-2-DINERS (1-800-234-6377)
Outside the US: 1-514-877-1577

Internet Help Desk
1-877-263-5018 (Mon-Sun, 24 hours a day)

Club Rewards
Customer Contact Center: 1-800-234-4034 (Mon-Sun, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET)

TTY Service for Hearing Impaired Customers

Professional and Consumer Cardmembers: 1-866-889-0889
Corporate Cardmembers (US and Canada): 1-866-859-2089
Corporate Cardmembers (Outside North America): 1-800-976-6037

Corporate Client Services: 1-800-964-9444 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)

Corporate Sales Group: 1-800-999-9093 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET)

Travel Management Companies
For inquiries and lead referrals please email [email protected]
or call 1-800-999-9093.

Payment Address

Diners Club Professional
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Diners Club Commercial / Corporate
P.O. Box 5732
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5732

Diners Club Consumer
P.O. Box 6012
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6012

Overnight Payment Address
BancTec Inc.
2100 A Corporate Drive
Addison, IL 60101

Wire transfer payment information

Bank Name: BMO Harris Bank N.A.
Account #: 1982143000
Account Name: Diners Wire Payments
Address: 111 W. Monroe
Chicago, IL 60603
ABA: 071000288
Swift code: HATRUS44
Payable to: Harris/Diners Club (include name/account#)
Cutoff time is 2pm CT

Insurance - Inquiries and Claims
•MasterRental Coverage (Primary Collision Damage Waiver Coverage)
•Purchase Assurance and Extended Warranty
•Common Carrier Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
•Hotel/motel Burglary Coverage
•Travel Assistance Services
•Travel Accident Insurance
•Flight Delay Coverage
•Baggage Delay Coverage
•Lost or Damaged Luggage Coverage
•Master Assist
(US): 1-800-MC-ASSIST (1-800-622-7747)
(Outside the US): 636-722-7111 (collect); or en Español: 1-800-633-4466

RoadAssist Roadside Services
1-877-764-3576
(Outside the US): 904-636-3647 (collect)

Collections
Professional: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Corporate: 1-888-551-4667 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)
Consumer: 1-888-551-4881 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET)
Print Wikipost

Two new Diners Club USA MasterCards. Applications suspended mid November 2014.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by mia
Absolutely, yes. If they outsourced the application process, and were not satisfied, it could easily take several months to select a new contractor or move the process in-house.
I think we have passed that point, after all the longer they wait to more potential income they lose I think there is something else going on
Old Feb 14, 2015, 5:30 pm

Folks the one thing you need to learn is BMO/Harris seems to working on glacial time frames, there is no other way to describe it. I was locked for five weeks and now closed for two weeks (seven weeks total), still zero communications from Diner's. No emails, no phone calls, no snail mail in seven weeks. The only reason I know I am closed is that I did a test transaction when I saw the AF refund on my account and saw account closed on transaction history. If you are in a hurry than Diner's ain't for you. My guess is, since they haven't bothered yet to communicate the Elite closures to most folks who are closed you got some time to wait before they reopen applications. Basically it is like working with a small credit union sans the charm.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Folks the one thing you need to learn is BMO/Harris seems to working on glacial time frames, there is no other way to describe it. I was locked for five weeks and now closed for two weeks (seven weeks total), still zero communications from Diner's. No emails, no phone calls, no snail mail in seven weeks. The only reason I know I am closed is that I did a test transaction when I saw the AF refund on my account and saw account closed on transaction history. If you are in a hurry than Diner's ain't for you. My guess is, since they haven't bothered yet to communicate the Elite closures to most folks who are closed you got some time to wait before they reopen applications. Basically it is like working with a small credit union sans the charm.
I would say that describes the common experience of Elite card holders. You don't hear about the Premiers being shut down so applications for Premier cards may open up again before the next ice age.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
I would say that describes the common experience of Elite card holders. You don't hear about the Premiers being shut down so applications for Premier cards may open up again before the next ice age.
It is true Premier's have mostly had no trouble (other than those who violated the undocumented one card product rule). But that doesn't really give you any data on the speed of of BMO since the Premier's haven't had to deal with BMO mostly. Given how long it took BMO to open up apps in the first place after buying Diner's to what has transpired mostly with the Elites recently, I see nothing to indicate that BMO moves with any alacrity, that said I truly hope I am wrong :-).
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Folks the one thing you need to learn is BMO/Harris seems to working on glacial time frames, there is no other way to describe
I disagree, they are not that fast.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
I'll give everyone a friendly warning here. If you opened an account during that window last fall (like I did), every account is being "reviewed" for usage and closure, not just for MS. I just got the "account review" when I tried to use my card last night (and it was denied) and was told that my account was under review and could not be used until that process was done.

Despite zero MS activity and payments in full after each month's activity, after taking it all the way up the latter to "senior" account management, I finally got "Amy" to admit that it was due to how their application process was and now they are literally going back to each application/account and back stipping for income, financials, etc. to support the account limits, etc. When I asked her for a time frame when mine might be done, she had no idea as another department was doing that. Good time to move out all my Diners points to Alaska or wherever now..... because this sounds like it's going to be worse than an Amex financial review.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SJLandsverk
...every account is being "reviewed"
This makes some sense because the assigned credit limits reported here were out of line with other issuers. This card was just cycled out of Ms mia's wallet, is there a way to know that the card is under review aside from trying to use it? Is the online account locked or visibly flagged? She won't have any problem documenting her income etc, but we would like to have the matter resolved before our next international trip.

Last edited by mia; Feb 18, 2015 at 8:52 am
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
So wait, there's no possibility of just decreasing the credit limit down to the next highest CL or a bit under? Because I'm fine with that.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:03 am

My card is still open

I have used my Elite at Safeway this morning. I also have a 200 Peapod order pending for tomorrow. I have been using it since October for everything
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:08 am
mia

Originally Posted by tmiw
So wait, there's no possibility of just decreasing the credit limit ....
The C.A.R.D. Act may not permit the issuer to change the terms of the card during the first 12 months, and the credit limit would be part of the terms. I suppose the cardholder could call and ask to have the limit reduced, but (assuming they would agree) you would have to guess what limit their review would approve, and further assume that the reduced limit would make a difference to the outcome.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by mia
The C.A.R.D. Act may not permit the issuer to change the terms of the card during the first 12 months, and the credit limit would be part of the terms. I suppose the cardholder could call and ask to have the limit reduced, but (assuming they would agree) you would have to guess what limit their review would approve, and further assume that the reduced limit would make a difference to the outcome.
A friend had his limit reduced after the first lockdown and review. Subsequently was locked again and acct closed due to "suspected fraud" but obviously it was just a thinly veiled excuse to avoid MS payouts. So...looks like they can do whatever they want, or maybe like AMEX their lawyers told them they were breaking the rules and so now they do things differently.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:21 am
mia

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
... limit reduced after the first lockdown and review...
I suppose the issuer can reduce the limit for cause, but perhaps not because they simply made a mistake and aren't comfortable. I will discuss it with Ms mia, it's her account, but I expect she will just want to wait and see because we have sufficient other accounts with similar features.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
It probably wouldn't be too bad if they closed my DC card but I would still be a bit bummed. Since Chase has Apple Pay support, the only two missing features from my CSP would be lounge access and chip and PIN, the latter being the most important for me. I'd probably just go back to using that card for everything instead.

SJLandsverk, did the CSR tell you whether it was Elite or Premier (or both) that they were locking and reviewing?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tmiw
It probably wouldn't be too bad if they closed my DC card but I would still be a bit bummed. Since Chase has Apple Pay support, the only two missing features from my CSP would be lounge access and chip and PIN, the latter being the most important for me. I'd probably just go back to using that card for everything instead.

SJLandsverk, did the CSR tell you whether it was Elite or Premier (or both) that they were locking and reviewing?
I have an Elite card and spent close to the limit. Always paid it off in full every month and never MS. As mentioned before, they're reviewing all the big limits, but they didn't say Elite or not to me. Just the big limits. Something about the application process being flawed (duh!) I did finally got to a senior guy in lending today and it was like I got to the man behind the curtain. It was just like an Amex financial review. Have to fax in W-2's, investment income etc and he re-ran my credit and we went over that. Thank GOD I have nothing on any card right now (well, other than theirs !) Supposed to get an answer in 48 hours if I get to keep it and/or anywhere near the limit I have/had (50k).
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I check my account online once a day...so far not a blip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.