Search

20k miles for free with Bosley

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:34 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by 2stepsbehind
Does the local office have to do anything to ensure you get miles? I gave my skymiles number to the main office in making the appointment, but I didn't give the number to the local guy.
I would like to know too. I provided my DL number when I submitted the information online, but nobody mentioned it when setting up the appointment.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by PG
I would like to know too. I provided my DL number when I submitted the information online, but nobody mentioned it when setting up the appointment.
I would call the office & ask them.
At my consultation the consultant had me write down my SM# again to make sure it was correctly entered in the system.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:33 am

Programs: DL, F9, UA
Smile

Originally Posted by jedvik
I just returned from my consultation at the Salt Lake City office.
The wait was about 1/2 hour, but it went very well.
The consultant was very nice & informative. He was very aware of the Delta promotion. In fact, he said I was about the 30th person he'd had come in for the promotion. He said only 4 so far had any real hair loss issues.
Wonderful! I don't know that I can get in in time for this promotion, but I'm going to try (it ends tomorrow or Saturday, I believe?). I'm in Salt Lake City, too. I'm female, but would feel fine going for a consult as I've always joked with my mom how she gave me this teeny little bald patch. I've got a long full head of hair, but it is thin to my notice (most people think it's crazy full)...so it's a legit concern.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 1:17 pm

I just got back from my appointment. Had a little difficulty finding the office building as there were several towers next to each other, but the actual appointment went well.

I noted the Delta promotion on the sign-in sheet but not at all during the consult. The Bosley rep answered a lot of questions I had; my hair is okay now, but the women in my family tend to thin around the crown as they age so I was interested to see what they could do for me in the future.

I'm not going to worry if I don't get the miles, it was only an hour investment of my time and I learned a lot about what I can do now to prevent future hair loss so it was useful information.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 1:24 pm

Just went to my appointment in SEA yesterday. These guys are on top of their game. After I filled out the info online, I got the confirmation email immediately. Then a day later, the local office called me to confirm my appt and I also got an email. Then the day before the appt, they called me once again to re-confirm. I got a packet in the email with directions to their office as well.

When I went to their office in downtown Seattle, the view from their top story floor was AMAZING. Couldn't believe these guys were $$$ to have that kind of view.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:49 pm

Programs: Delta; Marriott Silver
Just my review of my trip to Bosley

I arrived for the appointment about 20 minutes early. I was a bit nervous as I have a full head of hair. Everyone in the reception area was super nice. I was shown to a private waiting area and spent about 5 minutes waiting for the consultant. After introducing himself and shaking my hand he just said you are here for the skymiles, right? I stated that there is hair loss in my famiy and I do have some questions about the future but yes, I'm here because of the skymiles. He politely answered my questions and I mentioned I might be able to refer him some business. He gave me about 20 business cards and that was it. He did state that the skymiles promotion was ending soon and hinted it would probably not be back. I think the response was overwhelming but there were people coming in who had hair loss but no intention of having the procedure. Just wanting the miles. Of course, I'm sure there were several like me who had no need of the service but wanted the miles. I really liked it when he said "Sir, there is absolutely nothing we can do for you". ^ Glad I did the consult but I do feel a small tinge of guilt.

LS
Old Aug 21, 2008, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Cbass98
When I went to their office in downtown Seattle, the view from their top story floor was AMAZING. Couldn't believe these guys were $$$ to have that kind of view.
So spending $100 on 20k Delta miles (assuming Delta sold them the miles at 0.5c each, which might or might not be right...) to reel in each person would be chump change. If they can afford such fancy offices, given how expensive their procedures are, they must be raking in profits.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, LY Silver
Originally Posted by salut0
Not, I hope, without first perusing www.bosleymedicalviolations.com so that you can assess the risks versus the benefits.

People have been going bald for many thousands of years ("as Mother Nature intended", to borrow a phrase that, perversely, the Bosley consultant I saw used to describe the results of their process) but Bosley has only been doing this procedure for a few decades, and it is not without significant risks and complications.
I am a physician and came up in an era when advertising by doctors was officially labelled by the AMA as "unethical". This was at a time when joining a state medical society was contingent on joining the AMA. And I retain much sympathy for this view.

Advertising is supposed to propagate information and the more information a consumer has the better. But it seems to me that the majority of advertisements that I see, do not increase the knowledge of the viewer, but diminish it. This is certainly true of medical advertising, most of which is done by so-called "ethical drug companies" and true in spades, doubled, for lawyers.

I think medicine would be better served by disallowing advertising for everyone.

That said, I think Bosley does a terrific job of marketing. I have never, in my whole life, had a more pleasant encounter with someone who is trying to sell me something expensive, than my visit to Bosley. I hope they are a success, because everyone could learn a lot about ethical marketing from these people.

The surroundings are pleasant. The salesman is knowledgable and low key.
I left knowing more about hair transplants than when I came in. I think they do a great job.

After my visit, I looked carefully at www.bosleymedicalviolations.com. It seems to me that the majority of the complaints on this site are complaints that would immediately be discounted by medical professionals. Most are from people who had the procedure and the transplants didn't take.

That is the nature of medicine. Any physician or surgeon who makes guarantees is a liar, or worse. Of course, the grafts may not take. Anyone who doesn't realize and accept this, shouldn't get a hair (or any other kind) of transplant.

The other complaint, which seemed to me more valid, was from patients who had some kind of scalp stretching procedure in conjunction with the hair transplant. This seems a bad idea and best avoided.

The only thing I didn't like about the sales pitch was when I asked what kind of surgeons did the procedure. The salesman said, "Oh, we have plastic surgeons, cardiac surgeons, brain surgeons, ..." I said that I thought that any neurosurgeon or cardiavascular surgeon who was doing hair transplants was nuts.

At the end of the day, if I were going to have a hair transplant, I am not sure if I would go with Bosely or not. I would rather know the surgeon who is going to do the procedure and have an opinion about his competence and compassion. Surgeons are not interchangeable parts. If I was happy with the Bosley surgeon, I wouldn't hesitate to go with them.

So what am I going to do.

I have been married for 42 years and my wife assures me that she would not love me anymore if I had great hair.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by GMill
I have been married for 42 years and my wife assures me that she would not love me anymore if I had great hair.

So is she going to stop loving you now that you went to talk to Bosley???

Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:40 pm

Promotion site seems to have changed...

http://www.bosley.com/delta/

The terms and conditions have disappeared from the Bosley website, now all it says is "Limited Time Promotion 7/25/08-8/25/08"
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:00 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by LastSurvivor
I arrived for the appointment about 20 minutes early. I was a bit nervous as I have a full head of hair. Everyone in the reception area was super nice. I was shown to a private waiting area and spent about 5 minutes waiting for the consultant. After introducing himself and shaking my hand he just said you are here for the skymiles, right? I stated that there is hair loss in my famiy and I do have some questions about the future but yes, I'm here because of the skymiles. He politely answered my questions and I mentioned I might be able to refer him some business. He gave me about 20 business cards and that was it. He did state that the skymiles promotion was ending soon and hinted it would probably not be back. I think the response was overwhelming but there were people coming in who had hair loss but no intention of having the procedure. Just wanting the miles. Of course, I'm sure there were several like me who had no need of the service but wanted the miles. I really liked it when he said "Sir, there is absolutely nothing we can do for you". ^ Glad I did the consult but I do feel a small tinge of guilt.

LS
I pretty much had the exact experience, minus the referral and 20 business card thing.

I also have full head of hair but the consultant was really professional and helpful in the explanation of prevention and options should I get to that point. I was even asked (after mentioning the DL promo) what I plan on doing w/ the miles... she was no stranger to guys coming in for the miles.

Now to wait and see...
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I am young (26) with a full head of hair and got the runaround at the RIC office yesterday. When I mentioned the SkyMiles promo to the receptionist, she said "oh, we got a memo on Monday that we are no longer giving miles. Our office has been swamped with people who don't really need any of our services and we can't keep up." I told her that the Bosley web site still said the promo was valid until the 25th, so I insisted on staying and going through the consultation.

About half an hour later, the receptionist called me up by name and said "you were right, it is the 25th, I misread the memo." Shortly after that, I visited with the salesperson, whose first words were "I understand you're here for the frequent flyer miles." He explained the Bosley procedure and other methods to prevent hair loss, and told me that as a "level 1" (no hair loss) there was no Bosley treatment that could help me at this time.

I was not impressed with the way I was treated, but it still took less than an hour from sign-in to finish. Definitely worth the hassle for 20,000 miles.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This makes no sense; did they not think that would happen! They made the terms so easy with the "no-commitment" appointment. They should have awarded the miles only after a procedure or made the initial bonus smaller. My appt is tomorrow, but dont want to drive almost two hours if Im going to be told, sorry we're not giving miles anymore.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Just got back from my appt about an hour ago. I was about 5 minutes late (went into building 1827 instead 1821 and ended up at Barbizon Modeling and Talent Agency - doh!), waited another 5 minutes for the "consultant" and was on my way. My consultant was a real talker. Not the hard-sell kind, just really loquacious. Apparently, I look good now, but she can "detect" a little thinning on the front and top. She even took pictures to show me what she was talking about - I didn't see it. My wife also thinks she's full of, you know, *it*.

Very painless, although it ran a little longer than I was hoping (35 minutes!!!). To her credit, she did write down my SM # to "ensure it gets into the system."

Questions - did they make you fill out the "Occupation" on the form? I skipped it, but the lady asked anyway to emphasize the whole "looking good for the meet and greet" thing. Also, did they ask your medical history??? I told her that I'd gladly share it if and when I ever did the procedure, but didn't see the point of sharing it now.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by The Lurker

So is she going to stop loving you now that you went to talk to Bosley???

I think he meant was that him getting the procedure wouldn't make her love him any more. That space between words can be important sometimes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.