Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20k miles for free with Bosley

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2008, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Robmorrow
Is parking validated at Beverly Hills? If not, I would rather schedule it at another satellite office and save $20 on parking.
It's Wilshire on a weekday, not Sunset on a Saturday. Calm down & park for free on a residential street.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 2:43 pm

Colin,

With all due respect, that still doesn't answer my question. Anyone who has been to the Beverly Hills location, please chime in.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 3:08 pm

I just returned from my consultation at the Salt Lake City office.
The wait was about 1/2 hour, but it went very well.
The consultant was very nice & informative. He was very aware of the Delta promotion. In fact, he said I was about the 30th person he'd had come in for the promotion. He said only 4 so far had any real hair loss issues.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 7:49 pm

I think I am the only one who has had a tough time...

The consultation took 1.5 hrs, that too after we told her we had to go!

She said she wont award the 20,000 miles til she has a picture of the front and top of my dad's face. She also wants all his health history before she will award it... Any way to get around this? Is it suppose to be this tough?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:59 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus (Premier Exec)
Originally Posted by HASHAH88
I think I am the only one who has had a tough time...

The consultation took 1.5 hrs, that too after we told her we had to go!

She said she wont award the 20,000 miles til she has a picture of the front and top of my dad's face. She also wants all his health history before she will award it... Any way to get around this? Is it suppose to be this tough?

Can you post the office you went to?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 9:49 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Heh - I went for the DL miles, but as my hair is thinning I figured it wouldn't be questioned, and it wasn't. Consultation probably took longer than some (45 mins) because we actually discussed procedures and I saw the doctor. I was curious and figured I might as well find out what the options were, but I'm not $13,000 unhappy with my thinning hair.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Robmorrow
Is parking validated at Beverly Hills? If not, I would rather schedule it at another satellite office and save $20 on parking.
Relax..I went to that office for a 10:00 AM appt. , and besides I do not think there is another office in the LA area to go to. I parked on a side street and put $1.00 in a meter which turned out to be too much since I was in and out of Bosley so quickly. Just go a bit early and park on a side street and earn your 20k miles.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 10:48 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
I showed up for my Bosley appointment on the 13th a bit early, in Tampa, and the Bosley rep greeted me in a friendly manner and once the pleasantries were exchanged I mentioned the 20K promotion. Mr. Bosley Rep did not know anything about it. He told me no one else had come in and consulted with him with a mention of the promo. He was extremely nice, assured me he'd do what he could to credit the promo to my account. He went through the hair loss drill, took photos of my head, informed me that no procedures are done in TPA but in Boca, etc., etc. Pretty much that was that. He gave me his biz card, and told me he'd phone me in about a week after he works on reporting my visit to his office for the promo. No wait. Breezed right through. Got in and out faster than greased lightning. Now, I'll just have to wait it out and see what happens with getting the miles posted. My drive to the Bosley locale took longer than the consultation. My fingers are crossed I don't have to haggle with Delta Skymiles desk over getting the 20K.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by uva185
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I went to a consultation office...I really lucked out as the office was in downtown Columbia and I live in downtown Columbia. You may want to call ask about having a consultation in a surgical office, they are very helpful over the phone.
When I called they told me you could only do the visit in a surgical office not a consultation office. I wanted to go to Charlotte, but they told me my only option was Raleigh. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? It seems like consultation offices are perfect for, ummm...consultations?!
Old Aug 16, 2008, 11:44 am

hi all--

i just wanted to say that i had my consultation this morning in the san jose consultation office (located just steps away from SJC, even :P). a very pleasant experience--except for the bad news

i went in all smug, thinking, ha! free 20k miles! i knew i was losing some hair, but i totally came out dejected because the pictures don't lie! (see my blog entry for the sad news.)

in any case, perhaps the easiest 20,000 miles i've ever earned (if/when the post, *fingers crossed*)--and i learned something in the process. the consultant was very professional and funny.

i guess a hair transplant is in my future, but it's definitely not in my current budget now!

jon

--- edit ---

no wait, took about 25 minutes or so for all the chit-chat, etc.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 2:59 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus (Premier Exec)
Thumbs up

I went to the Boston office for a consultation. I felt a little awkward as I'm only in my late 20's and have a full head of hair aside from the widows peak I've developed in the last couple years.

Took about 45 minutes and the guy was very friendly and professional. They took pictures of the top of my head (no identifiable facial features captured on film) and a very brief background health questionaire. The sell was so "soft" the consultant finally told me he didn't think I even needed their services but could arrange for a prescription if I ever wanted to come back for hair loss medicine.

It toook me about two hours from the time I left my house till the time I returned, burned two gallons of gas at a cost of $8 and paid $8 for parking. That works out to $0.0008 cents per mile !!!

They were very aware of the promotion and pleasantly joked with me that I was only there for the miles.

Last edited by Dole; Aug 16, 2008 at 3:06 pm
Old Aug 16, 2008, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Ah, but will all these miles actually post. When does THAT discussion begin? (Actually, I KNOW when that discussion should begin, 8 weeks after the first consultation reported in this thread.)
Old Aug 16, 2008, 7:48 pm

Went to Beverly Hills today, and indeed there is a charge for the parking garage, but I was able to find free street parking north of Wilshire in the residential streets. Went with my uncle who is indeed balding, so discussed everything in a joint consultation for about 1 hour 15 minutes. We had to wait about 1 hour in the waiting room though. Appointment was at 3 and didn't get called in until 4.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I just called again and they said the office has to have a physician, which consultation offices do not. Are we sure we are going to get the miles?
Old Aug 16, 2008, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Had a great experience in BNA today - walked in, had a discussion, the consultant described me in the $8,500 - 12,000 range (ouch) . . . Was out before my official appointment time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.