Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20k miles for free with Bosley

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2008, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
My appt is this afternoon
Old Aug 14, 2008, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Goths R us (diamond)
My package arrived yesterday. Haven't seen it yet as I am still in Atlanta.

I go on Tuesday
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by uva185
No receipt was given. They took my SkyMiles number when I scheduled the appointment. The local offices are linked up with "headquarters" so they will know you visited and the miles should automatically post. I was a bit nervous when I left the appointment because the local office did not even know about the promotion. I called the 800 number and they assured me everything was fine and i would in fact receive my miles.

So now the greed in me comes out... What if you were to open a new SkyMiles account under a random name, get another free consult and pay to transfer the miles into your account. With the 25% bonus on transfers you can get 25000 miles for $230
Or, you could transfer 5000 miles to the random account and use the 25k to book a rewards flight. Much cheaper

Or, I could use the account that I created during the 5k HHonors promotion that already has 5k in it....
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hyatt, SPG
Smile Appointment

I just made an appointment for August 20th...thanks for the info!!
Old Aug 14, 2008, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
My appointment is (finally) Saturday. I requested an appointment the second day of the promotion but made the mistake of doing so online instead of by phone. I will file a report as someone who is actually losing his hair and would - in the not so distant future - be a candidate for the treatment but would sooner shave it all off . . .

My morning looks like this:
* 3,000 VS miles with $19 Hertz rental from the airport (need the miles for a TATL flight upgrade)
* 20,000 DL miles with Bosley
* 3,000 DL miles with Ameriprise

If anyone has ideas on how to make this a better ground-based RDM MR (or knows of any car manufacturer test drive promotions), PM me to let me know.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by LAtraveler
Ok, my husband now has an appointment in the Beverly Hills office on the 23rd. Of course, in retribution, he is insisting that I join him for the appointment. He is 51 and has a full head of air that most other men would kill for. What on earth do we tell them at the appointment? Is our only possible option to tell them that we are there for the Delta miles?
There are plenty of "stories" in this thread.

I've got a full head of hair but mentioned to them that I was worried that because I colored my hair in the past, that in the future I may possibly suffer some hair loss. and wanted to know my options....at least i think that's what i think said.

go for it ^
Old Aug 14, 2008, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I was about 20 minutes late for my appointment in DC. No big deal from their end. Right into a comfortable waiting room with TV, a few minutes later my consultant talks me through hair loss issues. She notices on 'how I heard about them' I wrote in Delta She acknowledged that it's a great offer, and 'how excited she is that even with people coming in who might not be candidates now, they'll be telling their family and friends about it and maybe they'll come in to learn more'. Way to keep the chin up having to talk to all these bum sales prospects! They really were nice about it.

Doctor comes in to give his pitch as well, about how important it is "to start early" :cough: and how it always frustrates him that most people wait until they've lost so much hair before beginning treatment, "now really is the time" :cough:

It was a soft sell, no pressure, amusing really and a rather fun way to earn 20,000 miles. We'll just have to see whether the miles post
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:06 pm

I went with my dad today for him, and it was a hard one. We were there for a hour and a half. Then, I had to go to work so told her we would have to leave. She still went on for another 10 minutes going over her stuff. Then, she walked us out and I told her about the Delta Promotion, and she initially started by telling me "oh a treatment is required." After that, I went on to tell he that a consultation qualifies for 20k miles. She was like okay and we left, then she called and left a message, that in order for her to be able to award any miles, she requires me to call back and give medical history and other stuff. Therefore, I will call her tomorrow and give her this to make sure he gets credit for it. She also really was intense since my dad is actually bald so she was touching both of our heads and comparing them.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, LY Silver
Well, I made an appointment today. I am quite old and my hair is not the greatest, but then again I am not really "out there" (like George's mother).

I hope that all of you guys with "full heads of hair" understand that at some point in your life, you will probably be, perish the thought, bald.

Then maybe you will remember the pleasant consultation and 20,000 SkyMiles from Bosley and pay them a visit for real.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 7:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by GMill
I hope that all of you guys with "full heads of hair" understand that at some point in your life, you will probably be, perish the thought, bald.

Then maybe you will remember the pleasant consultation and 20,000 SkyMiles from Bosley and pay them a visit for real.
Not, I hope, without first perusing www.bosleymedicalviolations.com so that you can assess the risks versus the benefits.

People have been going bald for many thousands of years ("as Mother Nature intended", to borrow a phrase that, perversely, the Bosley consultant I saw used to describe the results of their process) but Bosley has only been doing this procedure for a few decades, and it is not without significant risks and complications.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 7:51 am

Programs: DL PM, LY Silver
Originally Posted by salut0
Not, I hope, without first perusing www.bosleymedicalviolations.com so that you can assess the risks versus the benefits.

People have been going bald for many thousands of years ("as Mother Nature intended", to borrow a phrase that, perversely, the Bosley consultant I saw used to describe the results of their process) but Bosley has only been doing this procedure for a few decades, and it is not without significant risks and complications.
A very interesting link.

My comment was just about Bosley's long term marketing. Like it or not, most of us men are destined to become potential candidates for hair regrowth (replacement) schemes.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
I did my consult yesterday in the Washington DC office, and was also impressed with the professional staff, nice lobby, consult, and the lady at reception even verified my DL number! She said only 1 consult per family, I had asked if my wife could get the 20k miles as well...
Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
I can't believe I missed this thread. I just saw it. 8/25 is one biz week away. But being the SkyMiles wh0re that I am I booked an appointment in my work city next week 3 of hours before my return flight. The location is less than 10 miles from the airport.

Now the "numbers guy" in me needs to decide if I count the 20K as "misc" SkyMiles earned in 2008 or do I included it in my total earned for next week's biz trip. Hmmmm.... it really isn't travel related... but I would not have been able to earn them if Bosley didn't have an office in my work city next week....

[OMG, I have got to find another hobby ]
Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by HASHAH88
I went with my dad today for him, and it was a hard one. We were there for a hour and a half. Then, I had to go to work so told her we would have to leave. She still went on for another 10 minutes going over her stuff. Then, she walked us out and I told her about the Delta Promotion, and she initially started by telling me "oh a treatment is required." After that, I went on to tell he that a consultation qualifies for 20k miles. She was like okay and we left, then she called and left a message, that in order for her to be able to award any miles, she requires me to call back and give medical history and other stuff. Therefore, I will call her tomorrow and give her this to make sure he gets credit for it. She also really was intense since my dad is actually bald so she was touching both of our heads and comparing them.
Could you share the location with us? So many are saying that the sell was "soft" and they praise the pleasant professional manner. And still others report how Bosley is very aware that the DL promotion is the main motivating factor for many. I would hope that my consult will not be at the office you speak of.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:36 pm

Is parking validated at Beverly Hills? If not, I would rather schedule it at another satellite office and save $20 on parking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.