Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20k miles for free with Bosley

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DeltaMM
I went in today - just filled in the online form yesterday, said I needed a Friday noon appointment, and got one! Very professionally handled from start to finish. I created my own line for how I was referred "Delta Promo -
#2*********". The rep was much more professional than I imagined I'd find for this kind of enterprise and the office was lovely.

Because my mother does have significant hair thinning and I'm starting to notice a bit also, it was actually quite informative and not at all hard-sell. The price, of course, is pretty high, but not any more than other cosmetic procedures and I found the "last-minute" option, which saves you about 40% off of the regular fee to be an interesting choice. If I were to fill in an empty appointment in the next two weeks, the cost would go from approx. $9000 to about $5500. That's obviously the way to go if you can do things more last minute.

In and out in 30 minutes. Can't wait to start hearing about when the miles hit for everyone...
Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Also, did they ask your medical history??? I told her that I'd gladly share it if and when I ever did the procedure, but didn't see the point of sharing it now.
Nope - no medical history was requested for me.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:39 pm

Programs: Route Inn Super Mega Ultra Platmond, AA credit card stooge, Fee-Paying Customer of JL, NH, LH,
Smile Bosley Seattle = Good People

Went to the Bosley office in Seattle today (after a brisk walk from the ferry terminal) and spoke with one of their salesmen. Didn't get the guy's name, but he was very professional and polite (he was temporarily working in SEA; normally he works in SFO).

He DID mention the DL promo right away and asked me if that was the primary reason I had stopped by - I told him that I had heard about it on a website (this one) and other people (you folks) told me good things about Bosley. I was able to keep the subject far away from the promo for most of the consultation - it helps that I am losing my hair on the top of my head. I did ask a lot of questions and expressed genuine interest in the procedure. I was asked a few brief questions about my medical history, but nothing detailed.

Heck, I'd do it if I could afford to throw 9K at Bosley, and the extra miles would be a great bonus. I kept the guy happy by mentioning I would be receiving a substantial bonus in the near future that I could spend on the procedure, but I didn't know exactly when I would get it (this is true). I'm more likely to invest it, though

I mentioned the promo again on the way out and the salesman checked my account to verify my Skymiles number was present, and it was.

Everyone at Bosley in SEA was very friendly and I was treated as a valued customer.^ (Again, it helps that I am actually balding). If I had the money to spend on the procedure, I'd certainly consider it. In the meantime, if I do get 20K Skymiles out of this, it's a great deal for a few bucks in gas, $3 for parking, and a $6.70 ferry ticket on a beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:45 pm

Programs: Route Inn Super Mega Ultra Platmond, AA credit card stooge, Fee-Paying Customer of JL, NH, LH,
Originally Posted by salut0
So spending $100 on 20k Delta miles (assuming Delta sold them the miles at 0.5c each, which might or might not be right...) to reel in each person would be chump change. If they can afford such fancy offices, given how expensive their procedures are, they must be raking in profits.
Not that I doubt Bosley makes truckloads of money, but their office is quite a distance from the city center in Seattle. It's close to the Space Needle! You might as well be in Canada
Old Aug 23, 2008, 9:55 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by krobbins
In and out in 30 minutes. Can't wait to start hearing about when the miles hit for everyone...
My consultation was on 7/30 so if it is 6-8 weeks after the consultation my miles should post sometime between 9/10 - 9/24.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Just got back from mine in DC. In-and-out within 10 minutes. When we started, the guy asked what my concerns/questions are, and I said, "well to be honest with you, I'm here for the Delta promotion..have you heard about it?" He shook his head as if everyone coming in for a consultation was there just for the miles, ha. I kinda felt bad for the guys (I'm 23, no hair loss). He asked me that I would just refer any prospective customers his way, which of course is the least I could do for 20k free miles. I asked him how the miles thing works, and he said that since I've already provided my number when I signed up for the consultation, he'll just go into the system and mark that I showed up for the consultation. So we'll see if they post.

If these miles don't post, I will be so mad I would pull my hair out!!! (pun intended)
Old Aug 23, 2008, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
i just got back from the one in richmond, it seams to be just like a regular dentist office, nothing special, in and out in 15 minutes, but i didnt mention the promotion, but did fill out a form when checked in and purposely received additonal information so i can say i had the consultation.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AAdvantage, WorldPerks, HHonors, Dividend Miles
I just received a survey from bosley on how my procedure went and if I would recommend anyone else. Have you received this?
Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dago
I just received a survey from bosley on how my procedure went and if I would recommend anyone else. Have you received this?
I received and completed this last night (after removing it from my spam folder) - I took screen captures as well as more documentation of my consultation.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Gold; SPG: Gold:
Same here. Filled out the survey and related how abrupt the dr. was. But as long as I get the miles, who cares.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:13 pm

My husband and I (who have different last names) booked back-to-back appointments. We were allowed to combine our appointment, so in & out in 20 min, and 40k miles richer! The sales rep never asked if we were married, coworkers, etc. Useful info for future reference.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:37 pm

Programs: HH Dia, *wood Gold, Hyatt Plat, DL Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis PS
Had my appt a few weeks ago in AUS. Nice view from building. Ditto to most everyone's comments on pleasant and low-pressure presentation. A bit concerned as sales guy wasn't familiar with the promotion. He wrote my SM# down on a sticky note. Waiting game now.

Received and completed the email survey a few days ago.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by goathoof
Had my appt a few weeks ago in AUS. Nice view from building. Ditto to most everyone's comments on pleasant and low-pressure presentation. A bit concerned as sales guy wasn't familiar with the promotion. He wrote my SM# down on a sticky note. Waiting game now.

Received and completed the email survey a few days ago.
goathoof - Don't worry, the consultant was VERY aware of the promo when we went yesterday. He had gotten a lot of traffic in the last few weeks and wasn't terribly excited with all the "MRs" people were doing...but I'm confident we'll see the points.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by subdawg
goathoof - Don't worry, the consultant was VERY aware of the promo when we went yesterday.
I thought the offer had expired on Monday?
Old Aug 27, 2008, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swag
I thought the offer had expired on Monday?
According to the Terms and Conditions, the consultation was required to be by 25 August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.