Wiki Posts
Search

20k miles for free with Bosley

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2008, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
They never called me to schedule the appointment after I completed the online form. Should I call or just wait to hear from them?
I called and followed up - they hadn't called me but had set up an appointment. For some reason, their MO for online appointment requests is to call the customer a few days before the appointment they set.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 9:48 am

I completed my consultation in Raleigh,NC yesterday. Very pleasant. Now, hopefully the miles actually post.I gave my skymiles No. to the doctor. Do I need to call delta to confirm the consulation?Thanks
Old Aug 10, 2008, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I guess that this bald guy will go get 20K mikes
Old Aug 10, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by mikey1003
I guess that this bald guy will go get 20K mikes
This bald guy's appointment is at 10:00 AM tomorrow. What a thread this is.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 10:33 pm

Well, sounds like it is worth a try. I've even had some hair loss worries in the past so that must make a consultation virtually legit. Even for those with a fair bit of hair on top it doesn't sound like too painful a process for 20k. Think it might even be preferable process to the grilling I got from the avis agent while renting 3 cars simultaneously for 30k skymiles. Just hope the miles get posted...
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:19 pm

"Trip Report"..Bosley, Beverly Hills Office today. Went my 10:00 AM appointment. The people were nice. My consultant had been there 14 years. I was politely upfront with him about the promotion. I was in and out in under 15 minutes. Totally painless. As far as the posting of the miles, I have read way too many threads here and in the Avis/Budget promos about hassles in getting points, so I did several things during my visit. Any one of these things might not get the miles if there is a problem, but taken together, I am sure I'll get them. I took several pictures with my cellphone camera. They were of the Bosley listing in the building lobby, and then of me in the Bosley lobby upstairs on the Penthouse Floor itself with the Bosley sign behind me. Also when the receptionist asked me to fill out the registration form, I not only filled out one for her but took a second one from the clipboard and filled it out exactly as I had filled out the first one (showing Delta as my referral and putting my SM number on it) and kept it for myself. I also took a business card with Mr. Bosley's name on it. Call it overkill if you wish but 20k miles for this is worth it. I had also previously screensaved my registration for this promo. By the way, I was told that my case was "hopeless" anyway since I shaved my head and didn't have enough "donor" hair to make a difference. The consultant did say this in a humorous manner.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 1:26 pm

Last edited by tmcneill; Aug 18, 2012 at 12:32 pm
Old Aug 11, 2008, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AAdvantage, WorldPerks, HHonors, Dividend Miles
I have my appointment tomorrow at the Miami office...
Old Aug 12, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by tmcneill
Just returned from my appointment in NYC. Very pleasant/no pressure experience - in & out in about 30 minutes (15 minutes in waiting room / 15 minutes in the office).

The counselor explained the Bosley process and showed me pictures of actual patients before and after. He also mentioned Rogaine and Propecia as possibilities for me since I have been slowly thinning up top and have a family history of hair loss. He asked how I found out about Bosley and I mentioned the Delta promo.

The Counselor did not ask for my SkyMiles number. He said as long as I entered it online when I made my appointment, everything will be taken care of. I saved all the email confirmations as backup in case the miles don't post. Also, the Bosley business card and dated building security pass showing that I visited their office.
i just returned from my appt in the NYC office and had essentially the exact same experience. one additional note, when i asked about the bonus miles posting the receptionist said that once you complete the consultation Bosley will "automatically" send Delta a message confirming that the miles should be credited.
b
Old Aug 12, 2008, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AAdvantage, WorldPerks, HHonors, Dividend Miles
I just had my consultation at the Miami office. Gosh what a view from that 28th floor. Biscayne Bay and Downtown Miami in all of its splendor!!! What a beautiful city !! I love Miami!
Anyways, very quick and easy, I am counting the days to get on that nice Air France 747 to Charles de Gaulle from MIA soon!!!!!
Old Aug 12, 2008, 3:25 pm

Scheduled appointment August 12, 2008 1000a 86th and Keystone IND.

He said I was first person to do the Delta miles special. He wanted to know if I wanted to go through the details or just leave (no need for Bosley yet). So went through the procedure and chatted for a bit. Took three photos of me for my file.

Total appointment time: 955a - 1018a
Old Aug 12, 2008, 4:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Did mine in the DC office. They were very nice and professional - the whole thing took under 30 minutes. Just waited in the waiting room, sat down and talked about my hair (no hair loss, but I do have this "birthmark"), and then the counselor took my miles # and said that it would post in 6-8 weeks. They were very friendly and made me feel comfortable.

Now, I'm echoing everyone - kinda wish I could have gotten a reciept or something, and hope I'll get 20k miles for real.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Andy1369
Did mine in the DC office. They were very nice and professional - the whole thing took under 30 minutes. Just waited in the waiting room, sat down and talked about my hair (no hair loss, but I do have this "birthmark"), and then the counselor took my miles # and said that it would post in 6-8 weeks. They were very friendly and made me feel comfortable.

Now, I'm echoing everyone - kinda wish I could have gotten a reciept or something, and hope I'll get 20k miles for real.
We'll get our miles; it's just going to be the hassle or lack of hassle involved with it. As a last resort, if your miles don't post properly, the Bosley office you went to will have a record of your visit and can provide proof of the visit for the awarding of the miles.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
Quick and easy at Dublin, OH. Young man talked with me for 20 minutes, no pressure at all.

Did anyone else notice the signed photo of Kenny Rogers, signing the photo "Thanks Bosley for your work!" or something like that?
Old Aug 12, 2008, 7:16 pm

Sounds like some of us will be pulling our hair out waiting for those miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.