Wiki Posts
Search

20k miles for free with Bosley

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by thebigfish
I could use the procedure...but before you do it, you might want to do a little bit of research on Bosley...
There's a big difference between scheduling a quasi-legitimate (e.g. I am losing my hair) consultation for 20K miles and having a probability > 0 of actually using their service. As long as I cut my hair twice a month, no one's the wiser, plus I declared years ago that I would just cut it all off when (if) I lost all the hair up top.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
hahah, this is awesome. i have a full head, but if it works for you other full-haired guys...
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:05 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Information about the cost per graft can be found here:

http://www.battleagainstbald.com/bat...f_the_bos.html

It doesn't give the price per graft for the minimum 800 grafts for the promotion, but it does say that it is $9.50 per graft for 600 and $8.00 per for 1200, so with some extrapolation, you would be paying well over $7,000 to do the minimum 800 to get the 150k miles.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by Richard1148
It doesn't give the price per graft for the minimum 800 grafts for the promotion, but it does say that it is $9.50 per graft for 600 and $8.00 per for 1200, so with some extrapolation, you would be paying well over $7,000 to do the minimum 800 to get the 150k miles.
Or $0 - my time has some opportunity cost, but I can always schedule errands / projects - for 20,000 miles.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I just had my consultation. I am 23 and I have a completely full head of hair but they talked with me anyways. I said I had a family history of hair loss and was worried about losing my hair. He looked at my hairline, said he didn't think I had lost any hair yet and told me about some medicines to take to prevent hair loss. They were very professional and in fact they asked how I heard about them. I told him about the Delta promotion and he said it sounded like a good deal. The whole process took less than 10 minutes!!

Last edited by uva185; Jul 30, 2008 at 2:53 pm
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:02 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Nice.... I have mine in three weeks. My mom told me tonight, "now DiscoPapa, don't start listening to them....you know they are going to try and talk you into buying something." , haha!
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by uva185
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I just had my consultation. I am 23 and I have a completely full head of hair but they talked with me anyways. I said I had a family history of hair loss and was worried about losing my hair. He looked at my hairline, said he didn't think I had lost any hair yet and told me about some medicines to take to prevent hair loss. They were very professional and in fact they asked how I heard about them. I told him about the Delta promotion and he said it sounded like a good deal. The whole process took less than 10 minutes!!
well that settles it..I'll schedule my full head of hair consult!
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:48 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
>>>>>>> They were very professional and in fact they asked how I heard about them. I told him about the Delta promotion and he said it sounded like a good deal. The whole process took less than 10 minutes!!

So, you left with some type of receipt?
Did you ask about how you get the miles?

Are they supposed to "send the paperwork/notification in" for you like some of the car companies were doing for test drives for gift cards...still waiting for my Subaru gc after a test drive, the manager "took care of it"...no Subarus ever for me

Please post the details of the arrangement if any....or are you just mailing in or faxing your consultation "receipt"?

Thank you.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:52 am

Hi.everyone:

I also want this free 20 K miles, but there is only a Surgical Office in my area, Can I get a consulation in this office or I have to go to a consulation office which will be more than 3 hours drive.Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
>>>>>>> They were very professional and in fact they asked how I heard about them. I told him about the Delta promotion and he said it sounded like a good deal. The whole process took less than 10 minutes!!

So, you left with some type of receipt?
Did you ask about how you get the miles?

Are they supposed to "send the paperwork/notification in" for you like some of the car companies were doing for test drives for gift cards...still waiting for my Subaru gc after a test drive, the manager "took care of it"...no Subarus ever for me

Please post the details of the arrangement if any....or are you just mailing in or faxing your consultation "receipt"?

Thank you.
No receipt was given. They took my SkyMiles number when I scheduled the appointment. The local offices are linked up with "headquarters" so they will know you visited and the miles should automatically post. I was a bit nervous when I left the appointment because the local office did not even know about the promotion. I called the 800 number and they assured me everything was fine and i would in fact receive my miles.

So now the greed in me comes out... What if you were to open a new SkyMiles account under a random name, get another free consult and pay to transfer the miles into your account. With the 25% bonus on transfers you can get 25000 miles for $230
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by uva185

Hi,did you go to a consulation office or surgical office? I am in raleigh,NC and there is only a surgical office here, I don't want to go to a consulation office in charlotte.it's 3 hours drive.thanks
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:45 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
that's it, i'm going in, full head of hair and all! great report, uva!
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:59 am

I went to a consultation office...I really lucked out as the office was in downtown Columbia and I live in downtown Columbia. You may want to call ask about having a consultation in a surgical office, they are very helpful over the phone.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 11:54 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
I just scheduled a consultation for Monday at their Troy, MI office. I'm not doing anything that day, so its effectively the cost of 4 gallons of gas to get there and back for 20K DL miles. I have a full head of hair too...this is going to be interesting.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any idea how long it will take for the consultation miles to post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.