Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20k miles for free with Bosley

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Bosley for Women - My Consultation

was pretty painless........with the exception of suffering through the looping Bosley infomercial that plays too loudly on the TV in the waiting room.

I have no visible need for their services but the rep was friendly, low pressure and I actually learned some things that I hadn't known, ^

I said that my mother had started suffering hair loss at around the same age I am now, that I've noticed some thinning and other changes, was wondering how or if I should do something and then saw the Delta ad that prompted me to deal with it sooner than later and come in for a consult.

We mostly talked about Rogaine for women and if I were really bothered by future hair loss, he explained what Bosley does.

Towards the end, the rep actually brought up the Delta promo and asked me for my SM # ^^^

I think it helped that I wrote "Delta Ad" on the intake form where asked how I was referred.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Goths R us (diamond)
I just emailed to book an appointment.

This is far too easy. You should see what I am willing to do for 100K +
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:03 pm

I am pretty sure the "1 per household" restriction was just recently added, as I did not notice that before. Anyone else can confirm?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by Robmorrow
I am pretty sure the "1 per household" restriction was just recently added, as I did not notice that before. Anyone else can confirm?
You are correct!!

On googles cache of the page the "1 per household" is not on the page as of August 4th http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=2&gl=us
Old Aug 6, 2008, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by uva185
On googles cache of the page the "1 per household" is not on the page as of August 4th http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=2&gl=us
So, which FT'er took their five children to Bosley for a consultation?
Old Aug 7, 2008, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I've got my consultation scheduled for next week. Sure, I have a full head of hair, but this is a great opportunity to learn about hair loss treatment. Just in case.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by gleff
I've got my consultation scheduled for next week. Sure, I have a full head of hair, but this is a great opportunity to learn about hair loss treatment. Just in case.
I'd advise you just to learn, but don't actually have the procedure done. The risks seem by far to outweigh the benefits.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 3:15 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Just returned from my consultation at the Troy, MI office. Half hour tops mostly because I had some questions. Very slick/professional operation. I also wrote "Delta Ad" in the sheet the receptionist asked me to fill out along with my Skymiles number. I was surprised to have a woman do the consultation...I thought it would be a man so he can "bond" better with men with this issue. By the way, I do have mostly full hair but I have been losing some on the sides of my forehead and may have an issue in another 10 to 20 years. The lady was pleasant and very profesional. We had some fun about the Delta promotion and frequent flyer miles in general. For kicks, I asked what is the lowest cost procedure and she stated it starts at 600 grafts for a cost of $5,700....could not help but do the math on that for 150,000 Skymiles

She assured me that Bosley has all the info they need regarding the miles and would be sending the miles to DL in 6 to 8 weeks. If for some reason I do not get the miles she encouraged me to call her directly. So, we shall see how this goes. All I know is I never patronized any provider who ever screwed me out of miles
Old Aug 8, 2008, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
They never called me to schedule the appointment after I completed the online form. Should I call or just wait to hear from them?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 8:29 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I just got back from my consultation appt as well. I noted "Delta" on the sign-in sheet as to how I heard about Bosley, and at the start of the appointment the guy I was meeting with asked again how I heard about them. I said through Delta. He then asked if I actually had any real interest in hair replacement treatments (I have a full head of hair). I said, "To be completely honest, no I don't". His response, as he signed off on all of the paperwork, was, "ok, well I don't want to take up your time so I'll just sign off on everything and let you get out of here pretty quickly!" He noted my skymiles number as well.

I was in and out in 12 minutes. I spent more time in the waiting room than in the consultation office!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 9:15 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I would feel a lot better if I had some type of receipt given to us...We shall see how this works out
Old Aug 8, 2008, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by scotty00
He then asked if I actually had any real interest in hair replacement treatments (I have a full head of hair). I said, "To be completely honest, no I don't". His response, as he signed off on all of the paperwork, was, "ok, well I don't want to take up your time so I'll just sign off on everything and let you get out of here pretty quickly!"
I'm actually going to ask a few questions about hair loss (because I'm losing hair) but also planned on stating that I'm not even thinking about a (costly) transplant.

To make this more of a RDM MR (I do have the 40 mile drive to Nashville), I also booked an Ameriprise consultation for a paltry 3,000 SM on the same morning. There I will just let the "advisor" know I'm an economist and on track to retire 16 years early, then ask how can (s)he help me.

If I can find a test drive deal, I can pick up a good day's "salary equivalent" by noon.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AAdvantage, WorldPerks, HHonors, Dividend Miles
Anyone that already went has his/her miles posted already?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 4:30 pm

Free Consultation

It'd be totally amazing to find a consultant who'd run a consultation for free. And I have no idea where I'd find any such consultant here in Sa-vannah. Then, too, I still have a fairly healthy head of hair, just some thinning in the front.
So I don't know if I'd qualify for this "Baldness Contest" to see who has
the most alopeia. Still, thought I'd enter a post anyway to see what comes of it. Oh, I should add the obsession Mark Twain had over going bald even tho' he maintained a full head of hair up to his death.
Maybe it wasn't known in his day that baldness is genetic. Then again, he may have had a father or grandfather(s) who were bald like I did, and that led to his obsession.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 6:16 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
I completed my consultation in SF today. Very pleasant. Now, hopefully the miles actually post.

After looking at the link above, I would never have one of these procedures. I'll stick with the Propecia, which by the way, works quite well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.