FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 20k miles for free with Bosley
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2008, 1:00 am
luv2ctheworld

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by LastSurvivor
I arrived for the appointment about 20 minutes early. I was a bit nervous as I have a full head of hair. Everyone in the reception area was super nice. I was shown to a private waiting area and spent about 5 minutes waiting for the consultant. After introducing himself and shaking my hand he just said you are here for the skymiles, right? I stated that there is hair loss in my famiy and I do have some questions about the future but yes, I'm here because of the skymiles. He politely answered my questions and I mentioned I might be able to refer him some business. He gave me about 20 business cards and that was it. He did state that the skymiles promotion was ending soon and hinted it would probably not be back. I think the response was overwhelming but there were people coming in who had hair loss but no intention of having the procedure. Just wanting the miles. Of course, I'm sure there were several like me who had no need of the service but wanted the miles. I really liked it when he said "Sir, there is absolutely nothing we can do for you". ^ Glad I did the consult but I do feel a small tinge of guilt.

LS
I pretty much had the exact experience, minus the referral and 20 business card thing.

I also have full head of hair but the consultant was really professional and helpful in the explanation of prevention and options should I get to that point. I was even asked (after mentioning the DL promo) what I plan on doing w/ the miles... she was no stranger to guys coming in for the miles.

Now to wait and see...